+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: True Beauty

Re: True Beauty

The premise of the show is a bit flawed. I know that they still judges the contestants on their outer looks, as said so by Vanessa when she talks to the people who were just eliminated. But the main premise of the show is showing the viewers is what is in the inside is what counts the most. But people can still win the challenges, which focus on their looks, and still be safe from going to the HOB, even when they acted more negatively than the losers of the challenges.

For example, I thought the red team was more despicable than the blue team in the hidden challenge. I know that the whole staged scene was pretty unprofessional, since from the contestants' perspective, the lady was there to do a job, and there she was, letting her personal life get in the way. But some of the red team members were all about "me, me, me." Like Laura, who was saying, "I want a pleaded skirt! You're here to make me a f**kin' pleaded skirt! Bitch." Sorry, but I think that's a little too out of line.

But the show had to find a happy medium. There has to be the aspect that focuses on the outer looks, but there also has to be the part about inner beauty. I guess the show can't help its flaws.

Anyway, happy that Mo was sent home since she was up against CJ. I'm so topsy-turvy on the guy, but overall, I like him. I the duo of Chelsea and CJ. Final 2, please! With Chelsea, winning of course. But pssh, there's probably a one in a million chance that's gonna happen.

Billy's eyes are always so red when he's in his confessionals. It annoys me. I wonder why they're so bloodshot.

Some of the pictures came out hilarious. This one's my favorite:

Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I've been trying to post exactly what you just said. I guess I just don't like that the more "ugly" on the inside team won that challenge. I understand that they have to make it seem like they are judging them on their outer beauty but I think there might be better challenges they could do that would be able to judge both outer and inner beauty.

I also am hoping for a CJ & Chelsea final two. He's definitely been the stand out on the inner beauty and she is a complete hoot.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm a fan of Billy, CJ and Chelsea's! Tho I have to admit, I wouldn't have picked up the nasty water bottle either!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3285600;
    I'm a fan of Billy, CJ and Chelsea's! ...
    Those are my favorites too.

Chelsea's not going along with her teammates lying about collecting money for charity, is a huge plus in her favor. It would have been so easy for many people to have succumbed to peer pressure or to have rationalized it as being necessary to win the $100,000.

I hope Joel goes next.

Other than that, I don't recall much about the other contestants to care much one way or the other. Ray seems like a nice enough guy, though a bit of a goofball. I guess the remaining girls have picked on Chelsea some.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And who rises to her defense?? CJ!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What I don't understand about the show is the beauty of the contestants. Yes, some are attractive, but I don't think there's anyone in that group who is that stunning.

I think they were picked more for their ego than their outer beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3285893;
    I think they were picked more for their ego than their outer beauty.
    Now, that I would totally agree with....

wasn't Monique one of the meaner ones to Chelsea?

Yeah, but I think all the girls are equally mean to her.

+ Reply to Thread