+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 288

Thread: True Beauty

  1. #101
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,147

    Re: True Beauty

    Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3283849;
    I think CJ's extremely likeable and basically a good guy. But if the judges base the final decision on the contestants' behavior throughout the course of the show, I would think that CJ's idea to lie about collecting money for charity would have to weigh fairly heavily against him.
    Good point, I had forgotten about that. The fact that he stopped when he realized it really wasn't a good idea was a plus for him, though.

  2. #102
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    580

    Re: True Beauty

    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3283834;
    After watching tonight's show I have decided I am in love with CJ. He cracked me up with the line "we're taking pictures".

    I think he has this show wrapped up. It is going to take something to go really wrong for him to lose.
    I disagree. First of all the charity thing as someone mentioned (was a horrible thing to do) I like him, he gets points for stopping, but well STILL.

    Second, I thought his behavior in the challenge was wrong as well. His team was counting on him, and he didn't even bother to try...

    Personally, I think Billy is the frontrunner (but he may not win because he isn't getting lots of editing for it) Billy has been nice and kind to everyone, always helping out other people.

    Sure this week he failed, but you know what, I would have been annoyed at wardrobe lady too. You don't answer personal cell phone calls on the job.

    But Billy hasn't done anything like CJ did, he has been automatically nice and helpful, and he tries hard in the challenges.

  3. #103
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,478

    Re: True Beauty

    CJ really does have some REALLY UGLY FEET!
    Good Golly, Miss Molly!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  4. #104
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,147

    Re: True Beauty

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3284356;
    CJ really does have some REALLY UGLY FEET!
    Good Golly, Miss Molly!!!!

    So do I so it doesn't phase me at all.

  5. #105
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,665

    Re: True Beauty

    Okay, I just finished watching last night's show.

    Man, Chelsea sure makes some weird faces.

    CJ's comforting of the wardrobe girl was touching - kudos for that. But negative points for not giving the photo shoot his all -- especially since it affected the outcome for his teammates as well. I just didn't get it. The tennis shot was from the waist up - he could have gotten a good shot without straining his tendon. I noticed that in the HOB, Nole commented that CJ's lying about the money for charity still bothered him.

    A lot of these "inner beauty" challenges aren't so clear cut. As bekalc said, I don't think Billy's response to the wardrobe girl was out of line. The girl was clearly dealing with personal issues and I don't think it's a bad response to just let her have some space to handle it but still think it's unprofessional. My response probably would have been to say something like "Your boyfriend seems to be giving you a really rough time. Maybe you should turn your phone off for a while." So I guess I would have failed.

  6. #106
    Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Age
    35
    Posts
    21,530

    Re: True Beauty

    I agree. I don't think the challenges really determine whether you have inner beauty or not. I can't say that I would have went out of my way to make sure the wardrobe girl was ok. She was mighty annoying, imo.

  7. #107
    .
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    876

    Re: True Beauty

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3284805;
    I agree. I don't think the challenges really determine whether you have inner beauty or not. I can't say that I would have went out of my way to make sure the wardrobe girl was ok. She was mighty annoying, imo.
    Agree. She was annoying. The pseudo challenges don't make sense to me. CJ must know something is up with "unexpected" things around and he reacts "accordingly", I am sure. Weird that he went back and pick up the dirty and potentially germy dirty can.... hmmm....

  8. #108
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: True Beauty

    Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3283849;
    I think CJ's extremely likeable and basically a good guy. But if the judges base the final decision on the contestants' behavior throughout the course of the show, I would think that CJ's idea to lie about collecting money for charity would have to weigh fairly heavily against him.
    Yeah, the charity lie was stupid, but I don't think he really realized how wrong it was. The fact that he stopped using the lie, even though it was working for them, says more about him then the using of it in the first place. Because I am beautiful inside, I will always forgive someone who genuinely acknowledges the error of their ways .

    Overall, he has shown more decent character traits than the rest of the contestants combined and if he doesn't win there is something wrong with those judges.

    ETA: The crying girl - I would have asked if she was okay. I know that I would have because I have encountered a similar situation. I always feel for people who are crying in real life. I never feel for people who are crying on reality shows, however.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  9. #109
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,478

    Re: True Beauty

    I also appreciate personal growth. Yay, CJ!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #110
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,665

    Re: True Beauty

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3284937;
    Yeah, the charity lie was stupid, but I don't think he really realized how wrong it was. The fact that he stopped using the lie, even though it was working for them, says more about him then the using of it in the first place. Because I am beautiful inside, I will always forgive someone who genuinely acknowledges the error of their ways .

    Overall, he has shown more decent character traits than the rest of the contestants combined and if he doesn't win there is something wrong with those judges...
    CJ sure has nailed the premise of the show -- and has from the beginning. In the first show, where the doctor was determining objective ratings of beauty, CJ didn't think it was possible because beauty is more than skin deep. To his credit, when he received one of the highest ratings by the doctor, he still said he didn't believe it (whereas one of the girls who was all for it when she thought she'd score high, turned around and said it was meaningless and worthless when she scored low).

    At the Hall of Beauty, the way it's looked each episode, the judges confer and come to a decision. Then they ask the two contestants to tell them why they should stay. But they don't appear to confer with each other again, so it really doesn't matter what the contestants say it terms of who gets eliminated (though it can be a positive or negative with the judges for the person who stays). They could be editing out the second conference, but it would seem that if there was one, a couple of seconds of the judges conferring would give another "what's going to happen next moment." I realize that demanding logic of a reality show shows how demented I am, but asking the contestents to plead their cases and then not considering bugs me.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.