+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DietTribe

DietTribe

Anyone going to watch this? It starts tonight.

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/diettribe

"DietTribe" is Lifetime's new reality series that follows the emotional journey of five friends as they attempt to go from "fat" to "fit." These women have made a commitment to lose their unwanted pounds together. With the help of professional fitness trainer Jessie Pavelka and psychotherapist Stacy Kaiser (of "Celebrity Fit Club" fame), each woman will change her eating and exercise habits over the course of three months and confront the issues that caused her to gain weight initially.

Close friends Anna Lloyd (30, Pasadena, California), Lydia Moody (26, Los Angeles), Megan Stewart (29, Anaheim, California), Shawna McClellan (27, Anaheim, California) and Morgan Lancaster (31, Monrovia, California) have stuck together through thick and thin, sharing a strong bond that has lasted for many years. In recent months, they have come face-to-face with an uncomfortable truth that their lifestyles and their friendship have resulted in unhealthy weight gains. In "DietTribe," each woman has her own reason for wanting to lose weight, but all have one common goal: to look their very best at Anna's upcoming wedding.

Over the course of 90 days, Anna, Lydia, Megan, Shawna and Morgan will try to turn their poor habits into healthy choices by attempting to lose 30 pounds or more with the help of their trainer and therapist. Through the course of the five-episode series, cameras follow the tight-knit group as they deal with real-life temptations, struggle to stay on track through the toughest workouts of their lives and face the scale each week to see how far they have come both mentally and physically.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar

Re: DietTribe

I'm watching it. Are you going to do recaps?
    be kind to me, or treat me mean. i'll make the most of it, i'm an extraordinary machine. (Fiona Apple)

I am not writing recaps, and I don't think anyone else is, since the site is not covering it. However, I did watch and found it interesting - but I like shows about weight loss, in general.

Plus, their trainer is hot. Big time.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Newbie

Totally agree about the trainer being hot. I don't know how those women got any working out done- I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off Jessie for a minute, especially when he's working out, he looked so good. I can't wait for the next episode- the preview looked intense!

Yeah, Jessie is very hot. My friends and I sent our info in to be a part of this show, and...I hate to admit that I saw a lot myself in Shawna. I
    be kind to me, or treat me mean. i'll make the most of it, i'm an extraordinary machine. (Fiona Apple)

What is it with Shauna. She was a personal trainer and gained 100lbs and has an atttitude toward her trainer and diet. Can we say deep emotional issues here? Can we say self sabotage? Interesting to note that the ones who lost the least, Shauna and Megan, are the ones who give the least effort.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

I agree about Shawna's attitude. The whole time when she was working out, she was complaining and asking how much she had to do and saying that she wanted to sleep. If she doesn't want to do any of the exercise, why even show up? I thought it was rather rude how she started screaming at Jessie and cursing.

She was very rude, but I can understand. She's embarassed she let herself get as big as she is. Also, since she actually knows how to shed the pounds and be fit, she takes Jessie's help personally. Like her, I take things personally. But, I wouldn't sign up for a show and not do the work.

I caught this today as a free On Demand show. Wow is all I can say. I found myself with tears too as they were approaching the scale and I recognized the fear and sadness that it represented. I'm very glad that they have a councelor on the show to help the "tribe". Personally I think weight loss and maintenance has more to do with knowing why we make the choices we do so we can stop doing it! It's difficult to break the cycle long term and while a personal trainer can help take the weight off it's the emotional/psychiatrist who will help keep it off.

I was really miffed with Shauna at the second weightin. She has lost 14 lbs in 35 days and she says she can't feel it. She is a sour pussed negative idiot. I feel like kicking her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast