+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: DietTribe

Re: DietTribe

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3746283;
    An average person can do 3 miles in 25 to 30 minutes. What about couch potatoes?

Hmm. Where did they get the average person runs 3 miles in 25 to 30 minutes? Seems a bit low on the 25 minutes part. Does average mean average fit person who runs? And do they mean run comfortably or all out throw-up-at-the-end? At the low end that is a tad over 8 minutes a mile. My fastest 5K so far was a tiny bit more than 10 minutes a mile. I did a bit of training for them, but not excessively so.

All of the ladies did GREAT on the run. I doubt a true coach potato could even run a mile.

7th weight in - November 13th, 2009

Day 90 - fun bike ride, 4 miles uphill.

Rita can fit into her wedding dress, something she hasn't been able to do since she was 20.

Day 94 - working out with the US Woman's National Softball Team.

Day 95 - surfing.

Day 100 - weight in.

1. Rita - start wt: 177 - current wt: 151 - lost 5lbs - 26lbs total/9 more to go.

2. Tiffany - start wt: 221 - current wt: 180 - lost 6lbs - 41lbs total/9 more to go.

3. Stephanie - start wt: 244 - current wt: 201 - lost 2lbs - 43lbs lost/7 more to go.

4. Mary - start wt: 210 - current wt: 164 - lost 6lbs - 46lbs total/4 more to go.

5. Laneesa - start wt: 335 - current wt: 284 - lost 10lbs - 51lbs total/ none to go.

Since Laneesa met and exceeded the goal wt of 50 lbs Jessie asked her to put up another goal weight of 10lbs.

There are 20 days left just short of 3 weeks. This means all the remaining goals are attainable seeing what the ladies can accomplish in 2 week weight ins. The one I am most worried abut is Rita as she is a very hard loser. I can see her losing 5lbs, even 7lbs but 9lbs is a lot for her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I continue to love this show. I'm impressed by how Tiffany has really taken the lead on this and how these women have grown so much in their efforts to overcome the issues/habits/barriers to healthy living.

I felt so badly for Rita when she was sharing her surfing story and was thrilled for her that she could tell her husband that they could go surfing as a family.

Did Mary's homecoming seem a little tense to you?

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;3753230;
    I continue to love this show. I'm impressed by how Tiffany has really taken the lead on this and how these women have grown so much in their efforts to overcome the issues/habits/barriers to healthy living.

I felt so badly for Rita when she was sharing her surfing story and was thrilled for her that she could tell her husband that they could go surfing as a family.

Did Mary's homecoming seem a little tense to you?
    I don't think we have seen enough of the family dynamic to really judge that well but it could be as a perfectionist Mary does so much for her family that they may resent the fact that she is gone so much for the Diet Tribe experience and not doing for them as she normally does.

November 20th , 2009 - 8th episode - Triathlon and final weight in.

The triathlon was on day 118 and considered of 1/4 mile swim, 11 mile bike race and 3 mile run.

Swim:
    1. Laneesa
    2. Stephanie
    3. Tiffany
    4. Mary
    4. Rita

Mary and Rita are the weakest swimmers and they stuck together for support.

Bike:
    1. Stephanie
    2. Tiffany
    3. Rita
    4. Mary
    5. Laneesa

Run:
    1. Stephanie: time 1:56:09
    2. Tiffany: time 2:01:17
    3. Rita: time 2:10:02
    4. Mary: time 2:19:18
    5. Laneesa: time 2:26:43

Lannesa had a lot of leg cramps during her bike and run portion of the race. Rita I think is the best runner but needs to work on her swimming to improve her time. Stephanie I think found her inner athlete during this process. Mary is the best weight loser.

Day 120 - final weight in

1. Laneesa - final weight: 274lbs - lost 10lbs - total lost - 61lbs.

2. Rita - final weight: 144lbs - lost 7lbs - total lost - 33lbs (2lbs short of goal).

3. Mary - final weight: 159lbs - lost 5lbs - total lost - 51lbs.

4. Tiffany - final weight: 175lbs - lost 5lbs - total lost - 46lbs (4lbs short of goal).

5. Stephanie - final weight: 193 lbs - lost 8lbs - total lost - 51lbs.

I kinda felt that Tiffany lost a little focus, during this weight in and the last one and that is why she didn't reach her weight loss goal. Rita on the other hand gained focus and did very well during the last weight in and this weight in.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 11-21-2009 at 01:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567