+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DietTribe

Re: DietTribe

episode 4 - October 23, 2009

Huh, why does my VCR have Project Runway on it. Because the twits at Lifetime moved Diet Tribe from 9pm ET to 8pm ET and didn't bother telling anyone.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Monday, October 26, 2009: episode 4 is online.

Episode 4 Impressions:

Liked that the producers shot the extra film of the ladies kids doing runaway snacking. I agree with Stacy that it is so important to nip that in the bud as soon as possible.

Liked Mary's one on one with Stacy. Mary is incredibly hard on herself and I like that she started delegating chores to the kids and started the "ask a parent for a snack" rule. Also thought is totally adorable that she included her younger daughter while baking the new chicken tenders. I did think this episode was a very Mary centric episode, but I think it had to be. Interesting to note that her control freakiness leads to her tightening her breathing when things do not go her way and cause her problems with, in this case, her swimming. Swimming is obviously her weakest event and she needs to work on it combined with some type of stress relief. I also felt very bad for her at the weight in as she was incredibly hard on herself again. She has lost over 27lbs in 60 days. She is 3lbs ahead of her goal. But all she can see is that she only lost 4lbs and not the 6lbs she wanted.

Liked how the ladies are seeing that better fitness translates to them having a better time with their softball games.

Best moment was watching the ladies do the mini triathlon. Right now it is very obvious that Rita, Mary and Stephanie are very capable of finishing the sprint triathlon. Laneesa, issues with her hip, mind over matter. I can see her finishing but not reaching her potential. Stephanie looks as if running her definitely not her strongest event and needs to work on that.

Results of mini triathlon: Rita at 49 min, Stephanie and Tiffany at 50 min, Mary at 51 min and Laneesa at 54 min.

Don't remember how many laps they did but they biked 6 miles and ran 12 laps which was equivalent to 1.5 miles.

4th weight in: Day 60 in order are:

1. Tiffany: lost 6lbs, currently weights 196lbs, lost 25lbs/ needs to lose 25lbs.

2. Laneesa: lost 8lbs, currently weights 303lbs, lost 32lbs/needs to lose 18llbs.

3. Rita: lost 4lbs, currently weights 163lbs, lost 14lbs/ needs to lose 21lbs.

4. Mary: lost 4lbs, currently weights 183lbs, lost 27lbs/ needs to lose 23lbs.

The ladies lost a total of 30lbs and received their fabulous gift.

I can't believe I forgot Stephanie:

5. weighted in at 215, lost 8lbs, lost 29lbs/ need to lose 21lbs.

Episode 5 - October 30, 2009

Open water swim. I like how Tiffany takes care of her sister Stephanie and helped her out. I like how Rita figured out she was in trouble and stuck to Laneesa and used her as a wave breaker. I am glad Diana Niad was with Mary because it looked as if she might have been in really serious trouble and in danger of drowning. Mary, really, really needs to address that issue of not being in control and that leading to frustration and anxiety attacks, she could be in a life and death situation and not make it because of that. Still all the ladies finished. Yeah!

The small things are important too. Like Stephanie and Tiffany being able to fit into the seats of the roller coaster. Primo moment. Especially when Tiffany was so thrilled she could ride the roller coaster she forgot she didn't like heights.

Interesting to note that Stacy made sure Laneesa also had a challenge to over come, in her case singing in front of people.

This weight in is on Day 72 or the 10th week of the program and only 12 days after the 4th weightin.

1. Tiffany lost 4lbs and weights 192lbs. Lost a total of 29lbs/21lbs to go.

2. Rita lost 3lbs and weights 160lbs. Lost a total of 17lbs/18lbs to go.

3. Stephanie lost 5lbs and weights 210lbs. Lost a total of 34lbs/16lbs to go.

4. Mary lost 7lbs and weights 176lbs. Lost a total of 34lbs/16lbs to go.

5. Laneesa lost 6lbs and weights 297lbs. Lost a total of 38lbs/12lbs to go.

Laneesa has not weighted in the 200's in the last 10yrs.

Jessie comments that this is the time most people plateau and not to be upset if they are not losing as much as they thought they should. He promises to have some one on one sessions with Tiffany and Rita.

FORT Fanatic

I'm behind on my viewing--still haven't watched episode 4, yet.

FORT Fanatic

I'm caught up in my Diet Tribe viewing.

As I was watching the two episodes, I couldn't help but think that the people who complain that Biggest Loser doesn't offer enough weight loss information should be watching Diet Tribe instead of BL. To me, this show is so much more inspiring to watch than BL.

We've got 5 women who are still trying to live their lives trying to change their lives with the help of their friends. There's no "game play" involved. We see them struggle to overcome their fears and their beliefs about themselves.

I loved it when Stacy called Mary on her control-freakness and how it was contributing to her sense of exhaustion...along with the difficulty breathing when she is in a situation that she can't control.

I also loved it when Stacy showed them the DVD of what their children were doing snack-wise. I think it really shook the women up quite a bit to see what was going on.

Last season, I wasn't relating to Stacy but this season I've really warmed up to her style of therapy. (Full disclosure: I'm a psychologist but not a therapist but that doesn't keep me from participating in armchair psychotherapy ).

I'm loving Diet Tribe. It seems to be what a reality show should be like.

The parts I like is the women facing their fears and overcoming them (or at least trying to overcome them. I like how in the open water swim each woman reacted differently to the problem and fear of swimming in open water. Rita digs down deep and does it. Tiffany goes to help Stephanie. Diana helped out Mary.

FORT Fanatic

This show continues to inspire me. I loved that they went to Talbots (one of my favorite stores) instead of some "hip" place. I wonder how much each woman was given to spend? I also wonder which store they shopped at. Their store seemed much larger than the two near me!

Did you notice the thoughtful looks S & T's mom and sister were giving to them? You could tell that they were wondering if it could work for them, too. I about burst into tears when Mom was asking Tiffany if she thought that the program would work for her, too. She seemed so vulnerable and wanting to be free from her bed-ridden existence.

The sisters have said that weight was a real issue in their family and I could really see it in this episode. I thought it was interesting that the brother and the dad appeared to be relatively slim.

I'm wondering if running is Rita's salvation--gets all of the stress out of her. I also thought the show handled the house situation with dignity.

I loved what Jesse said at the party: Make wise choices. He wasn't the food police but he was encouraging them to trust their own wisdom.

I love this show.

Episode 6 - November 6th, 2009

Covers days 74 - 85 (just over 12 weeks) 5 days to go.

Day 80 - Rita has a one on one session with Dr. Stacey. Basically they cover that stress makes losing weight very difficult and Rita and her husband are in the process of selling their house back to the bank and renting something less expensive. That would explain why she hasn't been losing at the rate she was supposed to. When an individual is under stress their flight or fight response kicks in and that means the adreanal glands produce cortisol and that is the hormone that helps store belly fat.

Jessie wants the ladies to incorporate activities into family time and all the families get together. Jessie also has the ladies run 3 miles (like they will have to do during the triathlon) in front of their families. An average person can do 3 miles in 25 to 30 minutes. What about couch potatoes?

1. Rita - 29:33
    2. Stephanie - 30:57
    3. Tiffany - 32:37
    4. Mary - 33:54
    5. Laneesa - 35:24

Its Stephanie's 40th birthday and her family arrives, her mom Barbara is very overweight, arthritic and bedbound, her sister Paige is also overweight. Her father, Marvin and brother, Kyle are regular weight. Both Tiffany and Stephanie say that their family has a problem with being overweight. I hope that by following Stephanie's and Tiffany's example both their mom and sister can get their weight under control.

Day 85 - 6th weight in - group goal 25lbs.

1. Rita - start wt: 177 - current wt: 156 - lost 4lbs - lost 21/14 to go.

2. Stephanie - start wt: 244 - current wt: 203 - lost 7lbs - lost 41/9 to go.

3. Mary - start wt: 210 - current wt: 170 - lost 6lbs - lost 40/10 to go.

4. Laneesa - start wt: 335 - current wt: 294 - lost 3lbs - lost 41/9 to go.

5. Tiffany - start wt: 221 - current wt: 186 - lost 6lbs - lost 35/15 to go.

Group wt lost: 26lbs.

With only 35 days left will all the ladies be able to meet their weight goals.
    As added incentive if the ladies meet their wt. goals the ladies and their families will win a 7 day cruise to Mexico.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast