Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DietTribe

Re: DietTribe

Cast Bios from "DietTribe" Season 2 | myLifetime.com

LaNessa Watson

Ht: 5'11"

Beginning weight: 335 pounds

Goal weight: 285 pounds

At 27, LaNessa is the youngest member of the tribe. Close family friends with Tiffany and Stephanie, she has struggled with her weight all her life. LaNessa’s issues have literally weighed her down, saddling her with low self-esteem. With the encouragement and support of her friends, she is finally ready to change her life and face down her demons.

Stephanie Taulealea

Ht: 5'8"

Beginning weight: 244 pounds

Goal weight: 194 pounds

Newly divorced Stephanie is facing her 40th birthday and has done almost everything in her life with her sister, Tiffany, by her side. They went to nursing school together, had a double wedding, moved into a home together with their husbands and even started having children at the same time. Both sisters also had gastric bypass surgery but gained most of the weight back. As a nurse, Stephanie works long hours, so it’s often easier to ignore exercise and eat junk food than it is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. With her weight loss goal in mind, Stephanie is ready to shed the pounds she packed on during her previous marriage in hopes of a new chance at love and life

Tiffany Young

Ht: 5'7"

Beginning weight: 221 pounds

Goal weight: 171 pounds

Stephanie’s sister, Tiffany, is the ultimate entertainer and hostess. At age 36, she has gone through everything with her sister, including gastric bypass surgery and nursing school. Since both have failed to keep the weight off, they are determined to change their lives together. Tiffany also wants to teach her family new, healthy eating habits in order to break the genetic pattern that has plagued her since childhood.

Mary Lasnier

Ht: 5'7" or 5'8"

Beginning weight: 210 pounds

Goal weight: 160 pounds

Stay-at-home mom Mary, age 38, had found that she was rapidly gaining weight over the past few years. Longtime friends with sisters Tiffany and Stephanie, Mary decided to join the tribe to learn to put herself first, and reclaim her body and her sense of self as a person, not just a mother. Currently in her second marriage, Mary wants to put the emotions of her painful divorce behind her and build a healthier life for both her and her family.

Rita Porter

Ht: 5'2"

Beginning weight: 177 pounds

Goal weight: 142 pounds*

*Rita's weight loss goal is to shed 35 pounds while the rest of the tribe will be losing 50 pounds. Since she is only 5'2", it would not be healthy for her to lose the same amount of weight.

Rita is the newest friend in the close-knit group and has become an integral part of their social circle. The former athlete has been struggling with her weight for the past few years. At age 34, she has taken to hiding herself in baggy clothes. This busy working mom longs to regain her former body and active lifestyle to keep up with her fit husband and athletic kids.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

Thanks again! Yay! I can watch Season 2 without having to buy it from iTunes.

I just discovered Season 1 about a month ago while watching Project Runway on MyLifetime.com and stayed up wayyyyy too late watching all of the episodes.

I love that this show takes place in "real life" rather than at a ranch.

OK, Mary is 5'7".

FORT Fanatic

I just finished watching episode 1. My favorite line is when one of them says that they have to promise not to say at the weigh-in that they have no idea how they got to be that size. I totally cracked up.

I LOVE the positive energy of this show. Yes, they are working hard but they are being supportive. They all get to stay until the end and so there isn't the game playing that there is on Biggest Loser.

I DietTribe!

PS: I was totally bawling when they jumped off of the telephone pole. Now I want to go find someplace where I can do it, too. Talk about taking that leap of faith!

Well its episode 2, about 4 weeks into the 16 week program. I am angry with the ladies. How dare they throw this opportunity out the door. After 4 of them had such amazing results at the 2 week mark you would think they would be motivated to continue for the next 2 weeks without any problems. The potential of losing 16 lbs in a month is incredible and to blow it. These ladies are lying to themselves. Stephanie especially thinking as long as she works out hard its OK to cheat. Any successful diet its 80% sticking to the food plan. That is why once you reach your maintenance weight you can have cheap foods 20% of the time as long as 80% of the time you eat right.

What really blew my mind is Jessie's answer to Tiffany not wanting to weight train and her asking him that she has heard that a pound of muscle weights more then a pound of fat. BIG FAT DUH! Gee everyone knows a pound of muscle weights more than a pound of fat. I guess Tiffany never had math past kindergarden What an idiot, what a moron. I can't believe women buy into this stupidity. A pound is a pound is a pound.

The big difference between a pound of muscle vs a pound of fat is that a pound of fat takes up 5 times as much space in your body as a pound of muscle does. A pound of muscle also burns calories while a pound of fat does not.
    Then of course the ladies are lying to Jessie, Lanessha to Jessie, I don't know why I only lost 1 pound in 2 weeks I stuck to my meal plan and I did all my workouts. Yeah, right.

I am also peeved at Lifetime TV because last week they aired the show at 9pm and 11:30pm and this week they did not. It looks as if they are only airing the episode again on Friday at 8am. WTF. For some reason the networks are jamming all their tv shows on Thursday and Friday night. Dollhouse, Stargate Universe, Medium and DietTribe are all on at 9pm. This is ridiculous.

I do like how on the second episode Jessie came in and helped the ladies out with the food prep. That is the problem, being able to prepare the food quickly and have breakfast, lunch and dinner with you. I am going to check out the recipes and see if I can find something to use. Still tuna fish and apple with mustard sounds strange.

The weight in was very interesting as the order the ladies weight in was in descending order of how much they lost. Remember the goal of each lady was to lose 3 lbs a week for a total of 6 lbs at the second weight in for a group goal of 30lbs.

2nd weight in - 4 weeks in

1. Stephanie - 229 - lost 5lbs - total of 15lbs - 35 to go

2. Tiffany - 207 - lost 4lbs - total of 14lbs - 36 to go

3. Mary - 194 - lost 3lbs - total of 16lbs - 34 to go

4. Rita - 172 - lost 2lbs - total of 5lbs - 30 to go

5. Laneesa - 324 - lost 1lb - total of 11 - 39 to go

I think it is pretty obvious who is not following the food plan.

Week 1 through 4 meal plans are available on the Diet Tribe website at wwww.mylifetime.com as well as the recipes Jessie did in episode 2. You will find the link to Jessie's recipes on the right hand side in a box and the link should said something to the effect 'food Jessie prepared'.

FORT Fanatic

I watched the show this morning. It is sooooo obvious that these girls are in "justification denial" and I'm glad that Jesse wants them to send their daily food journals to him every night. I truly believe that the women are sincere in their belief that they worked very hard staying on program and working out. I think even Laneesa believes it, even though she missed several workouts.

I think our friendly therapist was doing some foisting on the sisters, especially the older sister. She kept saying stuff about how the older sister wants to help fix the younger sister and the sister kept saying that she doesn't want to fix the sister, she just wants her to stop hurting. I think those are two very different things.

Episode 3 - October 16, 2009 - Day 42

Well, Jessie is upset with the ladies for basically quitting the meal plan after 2 weeks and having a miserable 2nd weight in. Some of the ladies, Laneesaha, are in serious denial. He gives them a new 1200 calorie jumpstart meal plan that they have to follow for the next 2 weeks. They also start their triathalon trianing and get "free" running gear, bikes and swimsuits and other gear. The ladies will be doing a sprint triathalon, the only part I remember is the 3 mile run. Later after doing a session with Stacy Kaiser and writing all their excuses on an excuse suit they meet Diane Nyaid and get a swimming lesson and we finally get to see Jessie with his shirt off. Laneesah can swim. Laneesah also had a private moment with Stacy and she reveals that she deliberately gained weight to push people away. Stacy mentions that people who have something traumatic happen in their life do do things like gain weight to protect themselves to shield themselves. What surprises me is that Laneesha has a boyfriend who she broke up with this episode. Stephanie also has a private session with Stacy and reveals all the anger and hurt she feels over her husband cheating on her and betraying her and leaving her and their kids.

Note: I hate Stephanie's and Tiffany's hair and the chunky stripes, it looks awful.

3rd weight in:

1. Rita: started at 177, weights in at 167, lost 5lbs for a total of 10lbs.

2. Stephanie: weights in at 223, lost 6lbs for a total of 21lbs. 29lbs to go.

3. Tiffany: weights in at 202, lost 5lbs for a total of 19lbs. 31lbs to go.
    Very upset did not lose 6lbs.

4. Mary: weights in at 187, lost 7lbs for a total of 23lbs. 27lbs to go.
    Was amazed she lost anything at all.

5. Laneesha: weights in at 311, lost 13lbs for a total of 24lbs. 26lbs to go.
    I think she is in shock at how much she has lost and I think how well her body is responding to the meal plan.

The ladies have lost a total of 36lbs and win some free jewelry.

FORT Fanatic

I finally watched it and I must say that Stacy is starting to grow on me. I think I fell asleep, though, during part of it because I don't remember Stephanie's conversation with her.

Tiffany reminds me a little bit of my next younger sister--outgoing and vivacious.

Oh, and I liked how they had a reality check conversation at the start of the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast