+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DietTribe

FORT Fogey

Re: DietTribe

I thought this show was great because all the weight was lost in a real-life setting. Biggest loser is like going to fat camp and most people can't fit fat camp into their daily routines! This show was about real temptation and doable goals. I liked it. But I don't think those girls were all best friends though.

FORT Fanatic

Anybody watch this? I was planning on watching the new season online but then I discovered that I'd have to buy it from iTunes

Details of the show, please.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;3717760;
    Anybody watch this? I was planning on watching the new season online but then I discovered that I'd have to buy it from iTunes

Details of the show, please.
    I take it you don't have Lifetime? I don't know if they will be showing episodes on Lifetime.com yet but they have the meal plan up and the exercise plan.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

OK, according the Diet Tribe web pages on myLifetime.com | Games, Movies, Shows, Full Episodes, Style, Astrology, Sweepstakes and More. episodes are available on line and through iTunes??? huh.

Anyway if anyone is interested let me know cause I watched ep 1 and have all the stats written down and will be happy to post.

I just reread all the posts for season 1 to refresh my memory and what I found interesting was that season 1 goals were to lose 30lbs in 90days and season 2 goals is to lose 50lbs in 120 days. The ladies are going to have to lose 3 lbs a week to reach that goal. I still the contestants are given an extra month this season to reach their goals. I wonder if they raised the goal weight because last season a few of us complained that losing only 20 or 30 pounds when you start at 220 or so it really doesn't show that much?
    I also think Jessie is training them more this season, 5 times a week.

I do like that they have some therapy sessions as part of the weight loss process as I do feel a lot of weight and food issues have deep emotional roots and that does need to be addressed.

Another note, one of the sisters had gastric bypass and she gained weight back. I noticed on several other shows I have watched that this has happened. Carnie Wilson is a prime example when she was on Celebrity Fit Club, one of the ladies on the Navy vs Marines mini Biggest Loser shows. Gastric bypass is not a quick fix. I just feel that there are those in the medical profession that are using gastric bypass to get rich and who cares about the aftermath of what happens to the patient once the bills are paid.

I wonder if anyone has done any studies of the cause and effect of high fructose corn syrup? HFCS replaced sugar in many foods when the cost of sugar sky rocketed. The trouble with HFCS is that it does not trigger the bodies off switch and people that eat products don't feel full. Ah ha.. maybe the food industry doesn't care and is glad cause their profits went up.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-05-2009 at 08:05 AM.

The premise of the show is get 5 friends and let them workout, diet and go to therapy together. Season 2 has 5 friends, 2 are a maried and divorced pair of sisters that live together, and are all on a softball together. All are working moms.

The goal is to lose 50 lbs in 120 days.

That means 3 - 4 lbs per week.

The diet is limited to 1500 calories. Consisting of 30% protein. 25% fat. 45% carbs. Eating 5 times a day. 3 meals and 2 snacks.

Workouts: 5 times a week for 1.5 hours. This includes 1 hour of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training.

The workout hopefully will burn 1000 calories.

The premise the women normally eat about 2000 calories during their day to day lives. Will then reduce their daily intake to 1500 calories.

Burning a total of 1500 calories a day (1000 + 500).

Also one of the contestants, Stephanie had gastric bypass surgery and managed to get down to 200lbs but gained weight back.

I think also that Tiffany was a lot heavier in the 300's.

Initial weight in, ages, heights and goal weights:

Tiffany - 37 - 5'7" - start weight 221 - goal weight 171 - total loss = 50lbs

Stephanie - 39 - 5'8" - start weight 244 - goal weight 194 - total loss = 50lbs

Laneesa - 27 - 5'11" - start weight 335 - goal weight 285 - total loss = 50lbs

Mary - 37 - start weight 210 - goal weight 160 - total loss = 50lbs

Rita - 34 - 5'2" - start weight 177 - goal weight 142 - total loss = 35lbs

note: because Rita is so short and much nearer her regular weight Jessie gives her a lower goal weight. Jessie is also concerned that all the women are so out of shape after the first workout.

1st weight in at 2 weeks.

The weight in order was Stephanie, Tiffany, Rita, Laneesa and Mary. But I will post the stats in the same order I gave for the original weight in as that is easier to read and compare. The ladies will also win a spa day if they lose at least 30lbs.

Tiffany - start weight 221 - 1st weight in 211 - lost 10lbs

Stephanie - start weight 244 - 1st weight in 234 - lost 10lbs

Laneesa - start weight 335 - 1st weight in 325 - lost 10lbs

Mary - start weight 210 - 1st weight in 197 - lost 13lbs

Rita - start weight 177 - 1st weight in 174 - lost 3lbs

Total lost: 46lbs

next week the team goal is again 30lbs.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks, Bearcata!!

Maybe they'll show the episodes after they have been on iTunes for a week. Didn't they do that with Biggest Loser last year?

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;3719623;
    Thanks, Bearcata!!

Maybe they'll show the episodes after they have been on iTunes for a week. Didn't they do that with Biggest Loser last year?
    I have no clue. I just don't get that you have to go to iTunes to get these shows while Lifetimes bigger hits, such as Drop Dead Diva and Army Housewives are free. The mind of a TV executive is always a dark and murky pit.

Well, the good thing is that you can go to mylifetime.com and watch the bios, watch Jessie and Stacy's blogs and get the diet plans and workout plans. I found the shopping list and food exchanges helpful as well as the plate and how to fill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3718136;
    OK, according the Diet Tribe web pages on myLifetime.com | Games, Movies, Shows, Full Episodes, Style, Astrology, Sweepstakes and More. episodes are available on line and through iTunes??? huh.
    Mystery solved. Last week the tag on the Diet Tribe site read episodes available online or through iTunes, now it says:
    Season 2 Premieres October 2 at 9 pm et/pt | Buy Season 1 on iTunes Now
    I guess the intent was always to have viewers go to iTunes to purchase episodes if they did not have cable but they messed up the tag lines on the website therefore totally confusing people.

Wait a minute what about season 2 episodes? I am still confused.

OK, I found it. Yes you can watch season 2 episodes on line check out this link: DietTribe | myLifetime.com
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-06-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Cast Bios from "DietTribe" Season 2 | myLifetime.com

LaNessa Watson

Beginning weight: 335 pounds

Goal weight: 285 pounds

At 27, LaNessa is the youngest member of the tribe. Close family friends with Tiffany and Stephanie, she has struggled with her weight all her life. LaNessa’s issues have literally weighed her down, saddling her with low self-esteem. With the encouragement and support of her friends, she is finally ready to change her life and face down her demons.

Stephanie Taulealea

Beginning weight: 244 pounds

Goal weight: 194 pounds

Newly divorced Stephanie is facing her 40th birthday and has done almost everything in her life with her sister, Tiffany, by her side. They went to nursing school together, had a double wedding, moved into a home together with their husbands and even started having children at the same time. Both sisters also had gastric bypass surgery but gained most of the weight back. As a nurse, Stephanie works long hours, so it’s often easier to ignore exercise and eat junk food than it is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. With her weight loss goal in mind, Stephanie is ready to shed the pounds she packed on during her previous marriage in hopes of a new chance at love and life

Tiffany Young

Beginning weight: 221 pounds

Goal weight: 171 pounds

Stephanie’s sister, Tiffany, is the ultimate entertainer and hostess. At age 36, she has gone through everything with her sister, including gastric bypass surgery and nursing school. Since both have failed to keep the weight off, they are determined to change their lives together. Tiffany also wants to teach her family new, healthy eating habits in order to break the genetic pattern that has plagued her since childhood.

Mary Lasnier

Beginning weight: 210 pounds

Goal weight: 160 pounds

Stay-at-home mom Mary, age 38, had found that she was rapidly gaining weight over the past few years. Longtime friends with sisters Tiffany and Stephanie, Mary decided to join the tribe to learn to put herself first, and reclaim her body and her sense of self as a person, not just a mother. Currently in her second marriage, Mary wants to put the emotions of her painful divorce behind her and build a healthier life for both her and her family.

Rita Porter

Beginning weight: 177 pounds

Goal weight: 142 pounds*

*Rita's weight loss goal is to shed 35 pounds while the rest of the tribe will be losing 50 pounds. Since she is only 5'2", it would not be healthy for her to lose the same amount of weight.

Rita is the newest friend in the close-knit group and has become an integral part of their social circle. The former athlete has been struggling with her weight for the past few years. At age 34, she has taken to hiding herself in baggy clothes. This busy working mom longs to regain her former body and active lifestyle to keep up with her fit husband and athletic kids.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast