+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DietTribe

Re: DietTribe

I just hope for the finale we see some really good before and after pictures and that Lifetime gives us some really good statistics.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Today, February 2, 2009 is the season finale for DietTribe. Mmmmmm...is scheduling the show to end on Groundhog Day deliberate? If the all the ladies's shadows are smaller will spring not be far behind?

FORT Regular

Thanks for the reminder. For some reason my DVR is saying it is a repeat, but it is a new episode.

Congratulations to all the ladies they all reached and exceeded the 30lb goal. I think this show is a good example that while exercise is a wonderful thing and an important part of having the body function fully diet is key and Morgan, who broke her arm and needed surgeries and 6 pins, managed to lose an additional 7 lbs for a total weight loss of 37 lbs in 90 days. In your eye Celebrity Fit Club and all the moaners who have 100 days to lose the weight and are paid for it.

Just some stats:

Morgan: started at 292 - 255 lost 37lbs

Megan: started at 218 - 188 lost 30lbs

Lydia: started at 210 - 179 lost 31lbs

Anna: started at 228 - 193 lost 35lbs

Shawna: started at 232 - 196 lost 36lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3301331;
    Congratulations to all the ladies they all reached and exceeded the 30lb goal. I think this show is a good example that while exercise is a wonderful thing and an important part of having the body function fully diet is key and Morgan, who broke her arm and needed surgeries and 6 pins, managed to lose an additional 7 lbs for a total weight loss of 37 lbs in 90 days. In your eye Celebrity Fit Club and all the moaners who have 100 days to lose the weight and are paid for it.
    This seems like the healthy way to do it. Diet and reasonable working out and moderate but long-term weight loss. I know of some nutritionists who really dislike the Biggest Loser and Fit Clubs that make it seem as if food is your enemy and working out only is good if you are in massive pain and you throw up.

FORT Fogey

I didn't like this show. It was hard to notice their loss since they finished with so much left to lose.

One thing stood out that many don't realize and that is that diet is the most important factor for weight loss. The girl who could not exercise due to her broken arm lost more than those who worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3315590;
    I didn't like this show. It was hard to notice their loss since they finished with so much left to lose.

One thing stood out that many don't realize and that is that diet is the most important factor for weight loss. The girl who could not exercise due to her broken arm lost more than those who worked out.
    I would hope that the some of the ladies would continue doing their new lifestyles because while the show was successful in that all the participants lost 30lbs or more in a 90 day period, all of the ladies could afford to lose another 60lbs or so. If the participants were closer to their goal weights the 30lbs would make a huge difference but when they are this large 30lbs does not really show. I would have really appreciated a side by side before and after photo without the t-shirt. Measurements would have also been nice.

FORT Newbie

yeah exactly.. i was left thinking "umm ok.. that was like... 2 weeks on biggest loser.. hmm"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3315774;
    I would hope that the some of the ladies would continue doing their new lifestyles because while the show was successful in that all the participants lost 30lbs or more in a 90 day period, all of the ladies could afford to lose another 60lbs or so. If the participants were closer to their goal weights the 30lbs would make a huge difference but when they are this large 30lbs does not really show. I would have really appreciated a side by side before and after photo without the t-shirt. Measurements would have also been nice.
    I completely agree. I hope these ladies have had the opportunity to learn alot while filming the show but more importantly to keep up the program. Weight loss is only part of it, maintaining the new weight loss is even bigger. What I really liked about this show was that they made it realistic with the goal and added the emotional/psychiatric element. I'd love a follow up show in a few more months!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast