+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DietTribe

Re: DietTribe

I must admit I thought the tasting at the caterers was very telling. OK, I understand that the ladies are all on diets, but they could have taken a mouthful of each item to taste without too much harm. I also though, Megan's fiance, Gregg was totally insensitive to the ladies and was eating as to torture them. At least that is how it came across to me. Also another point. After watching Gregg eat and how big he was I can honestly see Megan gaining all her weight back after the wedding. I give her 2 months tops.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar

Shauna is pissing me off now. And, Greg was cracking me up with his eating. So insensitive. But, his soon to be wife knew tasting was part of planning a wedding. I like the one on one's with Stacy.
    be kind to me, or treat me mean. i'll make the most of it, i'm an extraordinary machine. (Fiona Apple)

Greg has got to go! I think Anna is beginning to see how his lifestyle will have to change if she is going to have success... unfortunately I think he will sabotage her. Shauna has issues.:nono I really like Lydia too and hope she gets it together. This show is doing a good job of getting to the heart of these ladies reasons for allowing themselves to gain so much weight. Emotional issues are one of the biggest factors of obese people!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3276121;
    I must admit I thought the tasting at the caterers was very telling. OK, I understand that the ladies are all on diets, but they could have taken a mouthful of each item to taste without too much harm. I also though, Megan's fiance, Gregg was totally insensitive to the ladies and was eating as to torture them. At least that is how it came across to me. Also another point. After watching Gregg eat and how big he was I can honestly see Megan gaining all her weight back after the wedding. I give her 2 months tops.
    You meant Anna's fiance, right? I agree though - what a clod. He clearly doesn't have much sensitivity to Anna's situation and also clearly has huge issues with food as well.

While I think the ladies are okay, I really only watch the show for Jesse. He's pretty. I love how he takes their hands as they step onto the scale. So sweet.

Obviously all of the ladies have emotional issues that have lead to their weight problems. The group therapy session in the last episode was very telling. Stacy was dead on in her assessment of how they all reacted when Shauna started crying. Instead of telling her that, no, she didn't give 100% effort, they comforted her and told her she worked the hardest. While they do all seem to be helping each other, they could also hurt each other by not being honest. Part of being friends is calling each other on your b.s.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

I also watch the show mainly for Jessie- he's so hot and nice to look at
    I also like when he takes each girl's hand when she gets on the scale. I also thought he was super sweet when Morgan got hurt- really calm and it was nice how he kind of rubbed her back after she fell. If I was ever to twist my ankle, I would want Jessie there.

3rd episode - 3rd weight in - day 60

Shauna's negative attitude about everything continues to irk me. I just want to slap her or kick her in the butt every time she is on screen.

Oh, congrats to Morgan for losing 9lbs.

Jan 26 - day 76

Morgan lost 30lbs
    Shawna lost 29lbs
    Anna (I think) lost 29lbs
    Megan lost 20lbs
    Lydia lost ???

next week is the 5th and last episode

I must admit I feel the happiest for Morgan and she had gastric bypass surgery and only got down to 252 or 254 and then gained it all back. She seems the most motivated and is looking to continue to lose weight after the show is over. I don't get the same feeling from Shawna and Lydia. I would not be surprised if they self sabotaged themselves. Lydia really seems to be scared to be thin and sexy. I hope she can over come that fear.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3292187;
    Jan 26 - day 76

Morgan lost 30lbs
    Shawna lost 29lbs
    Anna (I think) lost 29lbs
    Megan lost 20lbs
    Lydia lost ???

next week is the 5th and last episode

I must admit I feel the happiest for Morgan and she had gastric bypass surgery and only got down to 252 or 254 and then gained it all back. She seems the most motivated and is looking to continue to lose weight after the show is over. I don't get the same feeling from Shawna and Lydia. I would not be surprised if they self sabotaged themselves. Lydia really seems to be scared to be thin and sexy. I hope she can over come that fear.
    Yeah I'm happy for Morgan. I wonder what her starting weight was prior to her weightloss surgery. The few people I know of that have had the surgery have been able to maintain at a healthier weight. I guess she wasn't ready at the time.

Shawna is doing great, but her attitude is annoying.

I like Lydia. She seems to be coming out of her shell. I like that she is seeing changes in herself and isn't totally dependent on the attention she is now getting from men.

Anna is doing well. She is the bride, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that fact. Unless her hubby decides to make a change she will probably end up right back where she started.

Megan really is the 5lb machine. She's losing it at a healthy pace so hopefully she will be able to maintain it. Discussing her issues with Stacy may help her.

I love that they discuss their weight loss issues with a psychiatrist. I watch just so I can use their counceling sessions to help IRL! I honestly think that the emotional/mental part of weight loss is overlooked by personal trainers and nutritionist.

Shawna has a horrible attitude, but most of it is deeply wrapped in insecurity. She may be making strides in her weight loss but for her to keep it off she's going to have to deal with her other issues.

I think the edit of this show is screwy! Sometimes they show a skinnier version of a gal then the next shot she is heavier. I think they've cut and snipped scenes out of order and due to the weight loss it is very apparent!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast