+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tool Academy - VH1

Re: The Tool Academy - VH1

Josh&Ashley FTW! In the past, I was only rooting for these two only because I liked Ashley, but I've now since warmed up to Josh. Not to mention that I can't bear the other two any longer.

I'm glad Tommy&Krista were eliminated. Krista was as much of a tool as Tommy was. But I'm really glad that she left him hanging at the end. That was a good move on her part. Although she never would have been entangled in this mess if she hadn't decided to date the jobless guy in the first place. But still, good on her.

Matsu's outbursts are so embarrassing to watch. I believe this was his 2nd one on this show. But at least with his first outburst, it was kind of funny to watch. But this recent one came out of nowhere, and I was grimacing through the whole thing.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I may be digging too deeply here for a VH1 reality show, but when I see Matsuflex's tantrums, I see someone who struggles with overcoming feeling like he's not listened to and his opinions don't matter? Maybe that's not the whole constructed thought in his head, but I feel like that may have been the seed that grew into the tantrumy man-child he is now. I could just be projecting my own issues on to him. But the instant voice raising, the hitting of the counter, I see me at my worst. I've learned to control it and I would certainly never do it in a public setting, but I have to wonder if that would have ever come to be if I were a single male and not a married mom? The things that flip my switch faster than anything are having to raise my voice and repeat myself to be heard (when my family is tuning me out) or when I attempt to come out of my shell a little bit and my parents laugh at me and tell me "that's not who you are". And after thinking about it for a very long time, I think me knee jerk reactions may just stem from years and years of feeling like my opinions,feelings,whatever weren't taken seriously. I wonder how my opinion will or won't change after we meet the parents next week. He may just be a lifelong spoiled baby who rages when people don't jump because he's not used to it But the optimist in my would like to hope it's the other.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I kind of think that it may have something to do (in part) with him being a, physically, small man who's been "dissed", moreso than not, throughout his life. Once he feels like he gets his point across, he can go back to being himself. I think that people look at small people kind of as "toys", sometimes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ohh I hadn't noticed he was on the small side. That may be a good point.. I definately notice that the larger people I know tend to think of smaller people as being something for their amusement.

Put me in Team Josh/Ashley as well. Not only do Sean and Matsuflex annoy the tar out of me, but I find that while those two have grown the most they also started out far below say, Josh or Rob. I would not be surprised if one of those two win, however Josh has become the least toolish of the three guys.

I was, too, happy that Krista dumped Tommy. He definitely lived up to the "Slacker Tool" title.

Josh/Ashley for me too. The others are all just too damn annoying. I think Josh is a major tool, but I think he probably just hung out with tools and idolized those kind of guys growing up. he seems highly impressionable, and i think he probably acts like whoever he is around at the time - and hes obviously surrounded himself with toolish in the past.

I like Ashley though. She actually seems like a nice, decent person.
    ignorance is excellence

God Bless Caylee Anthony

I'm Team Josh/Ashley as well. They are the only two who have shown any maturity throughout this show.

I agree with you Prhoshay. I think Matsu acts like that because of his insecurities about himself. Didn't he say that one time that he felt insecure about having sex with Jenna for the first time because she has been with "big" men? I swear I am not pulling that out of my butt! LOL! I really remember him saying something like that. I just think he is an insecure person, and when he has his freak outs, he is trying to look tough, show off.. You never know, they could be 'roid rages.

I hope Josh and Ashely win. She's so darn nice. I think Josh has made more progress than Matsuflex and Sean. The latter two have way too much roid rage going on.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3335168;
    Josh/Ashley for me too. The others are all just too damn annoying. I think Josh is a major tool, but I think he probably just hung out with tools and idolized those kind of guys growing up. he seems highly impressionable, and i think he probably acts like whoever he is around at the time - and hes obviously surrounded himself with toolish in the past..
    YES! My husband was like that when we met. We were just roomates at first, but all the guys I lived with were MAJOR TOOLS. Oh man I was so turned off by him especially because his toolishness seemed so contrived. Then over time I started seeing that he was decent when the roomates weren't around. Eventually he outgrew the tools and became the full time wonderful person he is I see that in Josh for sure.

FORT Fogey

I think most of the better couples are gone already. Like MEGA was a nice guy and he was eliminated because of his girl, but look at the way all the other women have been acting lately.
    On other note, I wish this show existed a year ago and I could've taken my ex there to change his toolish ways!

+ Reply to Thread