+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tool Academy - VH1

Re: The Tool Academy - VH1

Matsuflex's little outburst was so laughable this week. I just couldn't take him seriously.

^I was cringing the whole time. He can't handle his alcohol well.

After this past episode, my favorites are Rob & Karine. I thought it was sweet when he was the only one who mentioned his girlfriend (by name) in his future plan during the group therapy session.

@ Josh's future plan: "I want a Lamborghini door with Lambo doors."
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I completely forgot about that. I like Rob and Karine too.

Ugh, these are not spoilers AT ALL, but I kind of feel like this show is setting up for a Matsuflex/Sean final 2 with Sean winning. Sean has been such a huge tool yet he's still around--same with Matsuflex. I feel like this show is trying to force us to see a 'transformation' among those 2, but I don't think Sean will ever change

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3306084;
    Ugh, these are not spoilers AT ALL, but I kind of feel like this show is setting up for a Matsuflex/Sean final 2 with Sean winning. Sean has been such a huge tool yet he's still around--same with Matsuflex. I feel like this show is trying to force us to see a 'transformation' among those 2, but I don't think Sean will ever change
    Agreed. Sean is annoying and I can't get past his hideous hair that he thinks looks good. Ugh.

I was rooting for Mega and Rob in the final 2. Now I'm hoping for Rob and the guy who lives off his girlfriend's child support.

I want Rob to win.

I'm surprised that I've been enjoying this show so much. Thank goodness I gave it a chance instead of overlooking it. I would have definitely missed out.

But I gotta say, although I liked the latest episode, the show left me a little confused. And a little ticked off.

First off, why were Rob & Karine so foolish to quit the show after it was obvious that there were problems between the two of them? They were my favorites, but they, mostly Rob, went down in my books after Rob refused to take the lie detector test. It shows 3 things with Rob. It showed his unwillingness since he didn't comply. It showed that he has obviously done some bad things in the past since he didn't complete the test. And it also showed his doubt for his girlfriend out of fear of how she would react. I would also be a bit wary with revealing a big secret, but it just showed that he didn't have full trust in her, which was what this episode's tests were all about.

Trina may have wanted Rob to get help in an actual facility with his problems concering anxiety, but there's no guarantee that he'll actually enter into one. Karine came onto the show looking for help with her boyfriend, and now they're both leaving with the advice to find more help. The show may be a bit farfetched, but it was the only means of a guaranteed way to get that needed help. It was a stupid decision to quit on both of their parts, IMO.

Then I was a bit ticked off with how hypocritcal the show is. Firstly, the show eliminated MEGA not because of him, but because of Margo. I can understand that Margo wasn't the most likable person, but this is the Tool Academy, not the Toolette Academy. I wish Trina, their therapist, would focus mainly on the guys when it comes to elimination. Then this week, she sees the girlfriends act more like tools than Margo did, and yet, she didn't mention them during her critiques during elimination. If she's going to focus on the girls, then she should mention them all the time. But still, the fact remains that this is a show about the guys, not the girls. MEGA didn't deserve to be eliminated on his actions.

And lastly, the voiceovers drive me crazy, especially the voiceovers that were done during the scenes where Trina confronted Rob in his room. It was so annoying to hear her dub her "reaction" when seeing Rob have an anxiety attack.

I obviously have multiple problems with the show, but I still like it nonetheless. I don't have a favorite anymore, but I do like Tiny Tool's girlfriend Ashley. Her reaction to the snakes was priceless. And I love that she tried to stand up for Jenna when Krista made her "she had sex with 500 guys" comment.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 02-09-2009 at 05:32 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

I agree with everything you said Crossing Guard.

Now that Rob and Karine are gone, I'm hoping that Josh and Ashley win. I can't stand the others that are left.

OK I have to put my 2 cents in about rob

I have severe anxiety attacks and before that happens, I am breathing hard, hyperventilating, even; highly aggitated and very upset. THEN when I get myself so worked up I pass out. But I also come to within a minute or two when my breathing regulates. I did not see any of this. BUT what I did see in the previews was him taking pills out of his sachel and taking them then he passed out. Also the therapist was dubbed over whenever she mention what was wrong especially the mentioning of "anxiety attack" There is more to that incident that what was shown. There was more than that shown in the previews.

I also know that the therapist would not have sent them home for a mere anxiety attack. There have been others who have had such attacks on these shows and were not sent home. There had to be more than just a solitary cheating incident that owuld have Rob react the way he did. He was absolutely terrified of Kanna finding out something and she already suspected the cheating.

As for Krista, she is more of a tool than the guys and her attack and lame apology sealed that deal. As for Aida, she is just delusional about Sean becoming more mature. He just seems to only get worse

Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;3312168;
    OK I have to put my 2 cents in about rob

I have severe anxiety attacks and before that happens, I am breathing hard, hyperventilating, even; highly aggitated and very upset. THEN when I get myself so worked up I pass out. But I also come to within a minute or two when my breathing regulates. I did not see any of this. BUT what I did see in the previews was him taking pills out of his sachel and taking them then he passed out. Also the therapist was dubbed over whenever she mention what was wrong especially the mentioning of "anxiety attack" There is more to that incident that what was shown. There was more than that shown in the previews.

I also know that the therapist would not have sent them home for a mere anxiety attack. There have been others who have had such attacks on these shows and were not sent home. There had to be more than just a solitary cheating incident that owuld have Rob react the way he did. He was absolutely terrified of Kanna finding out something and she already suspected the cheating.
    You're so spot on when it comes to Rob!

There was definitely more than an anxiety attack, and it was evident that they were trying to hide some things with the numerous amount of voiceovers that were dubbed in that scene.

But I still think he should have stayed at the academy. The show may not be the right means of getting help for a problem with pills, but it was the only guaranteed way of help that Karine was going to get. But I don't know, I'll just see if Rob actually did get checked into a facility.

I'm so glad you mentioned the voice overs...very annoying.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread