+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: confessions of a teen idol

FORT Newbie

confessions of a teen idol

Anyone looking forward to this, it starts January 4th and stars: Christopher Atkins (The Blue Lagoon), David Chokachi (Baywatch), Billy Hufsey (Fame), Jeremy Jackson (Baywatch), Eric Nies (MTVís The Real World and The Grind), Jamie Walters (Beverly Hills 90210), and Adrian Zmed (TJ Hooker, Grease 2).

Some if not almost all are not/were not "teen" idols???..imo

Re: confessions of a teen idol

This is the first I've heard of it. What's it about and what are they doing?
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Billy Hufsey? OMG, I had such a crush on him back in the day. Definitely teen idol Maybe not with Adrian Zmed and David Chokachi, but the others were all over the teen mags in their time...even Eric Nies.

What network/channel is it on?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Hmmm...I didn't know anything about this until you posted....sounds interesting....I do remember thinking Eric Nies and Billy Hufsey were pretty darn hot! Plus I always had a soft spot for Eric since he and 'Bama girl Julie were so close on Real World!

Guess I'm gonna have to go set my DVR for this one too!

Jeremy and David definitely look hot now (or at least by those photos)....

I went to VH1 and this is what they had listed:

Link Here

VH1’s set to give heartthrobs of the ’80s and ’90s another chance at fame via Confessions of a Teen Idol. The reality show/support group is to be spearheaded by Scott Baio, and will premiere January 4 at 8/7c. Sneak peek the show right here. Full details below:

The eight-part series features Christopher Atkins (The Blue Lagoon), David Chokachi (Baywatch), Billy Hufsey (Fame), Jeremy Jackson (Baywatch), Eric Nies (MTV’s The Real World and The Grind), Jamie Walters (Beverly Hills 90210), and Adrian Zmed (TJ Hooker, Grease 2). Each hour-long episode provides a rare, never-before-seen look at fame and its consequences as the guys live together, forming a unique and exclusive support group.

“This is the world’s most unique men’s club. Even the producers are all guys who were famous as teenagers. They speak a different language and this show allows them to not only share their stories of past fame with each other, but forces them to really explore their hopes and fears about daring to want that fame back as grown men,” said Jeff Olde, Executive Vice President, Original Programming and Production, VH1. “This is not like any reality show you’ve ever seen before. It is not a competition and there are no eliminations. But there is refreshingly honest (and at times very dramatic) look at the addiction of fame and a real opportunity for each one of these guys to get that stardom back.”

Under the guidance of television icon Scott Baio, child star-turned-producer Jason Hervey and celebrity psychology expert Cooper Lawrence, these former heartthrobs will be given all of the tools and connections necessary to make a comeback or be faced with the reality that fame is a lot tougher the second time around. The guys will learn to let go of their past fame, reclaim control of their careers and look ahead to their futures.

“I really feel that it’s important for people to know what fame is like, and who can give better insight than two guys who have lived through the experience like Jason and myself? We’ve been there and know what it’s like to be in the guys’ shoes. We have both learned how to leave the teen idol days behind and move forward with life and our careers,” said Scott Baio, former teen idol and an executive producer for the series. “When we were developing the show, Jason and I knew that VH1 would be a perfect home for it, we have done shows with them in the past and I think this series will add a new, very real element to their programming and set the stage for future adaptations of this unique franchise.”

In the end these former teen idols will be armed with the skills, knowledge and confidence to re-launch their careers in the entertainment industry and chase after one more shot at fame.

We did a preliminary survey of the seven Idols to get an idea of where their heads are as we get ready for the series. Answers and more pictures of the guys follow.............
    They had their now pics listed so I went and got some of their heyday pics to post side by side.....

Eric Nies:

In his heyday:

And now:

Jamie Walters:

In his heyday:

And now:

Jeremy Jackson:

In his heyday:

And now:

Chris Atkins:

In his heyday:

And now:

Adrian Zmed:

In his heyday:

And now:

David Chokachi:

In his heyday:

And now:

Billy Hufsey:

In his heyday:

And now:

Last edited by bbnbama; 12-29-2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: add group shot photo....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Holy crap, Eric Nies looks horrible with his long hair.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

He looks ok in the group shot but not so much in his upclose shot!

Billy Hufsey really looks different...not just the weight gain..I wouldn't have recognized him at all if they hadn't put his name there.

Never was a big fan of Chris Atkins or Jamie Walters...never saw the appeal in either guy but I did like Jamie's song "How do you talk to an angel?" when it came out...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

I can tell already from the previews that Jeremy Jackson is going to have a bunch of drama and "walk out at least once" and Eric Nies is going to have trouble handling that he wasn't that big of a "star" and way too hippy-helpful. The only other problems I see are Adrian and Chris being a lot older than the rest.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I LOVED Eric Nies and Jamie Walters! I'll have to check this out!

This should be fun but it seem a bit like the Surreal Life to me. I hope it's not as scripted.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Scott Baio is providing guidance?

I have to admit, though, that I gave Scott plenty of poster space on the bedroom walls during my preteen years. Next to Shaun Cassidy, of course. I haven't heard of most of these guys, though I certainly remember Chris Atkins and Billy Hufsey, but my Fame crush was Lee Curreri, who played Bruno.

Sounds like it might be fun. I do love "where are they now" types of programs.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast