+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: confessions of a teen idol

FORT Fan

Re: confessions of a teen idol

I think Jamie Walters is still a cutie! Enjoyed his story about how his song went to number one and 5 minutes later he got a call that his show was canceled. I am not really familiar with any of the other men, but I give them props for trying to make it in such a difficult industry.

If you check the International Movie Database website (imdb), you can see that some of these former teen idols are already have projects in the works. (Granted, since this site has hundreds of thousands talent -- both in front of the camera and behind the scenes -- individual talent pages sometimes needs updating and some projects may not be listed.)

TiVo alert for CoaTI:

Friday, 1/23, Executive Producer Scott Baio and a couple of the stars will be on FOX's Mike & Juliet Show.
    Check your local listing as The M&J Show is at different times in various markets.

My guide lists Eric Nies and Jeremy Jackson (though could be more).

If your FOX affilliate doesn't carry The M & J Show, their website will have the interview available over the weekend.
    The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet

(sorry for the double post)

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3284670;
    If you check the International Movie Database website (imdb), you can see that some of these former teen idols are already have projects in the works. (Granted, since this site has hundreds of thousands talent -- both in front of the camera and behind the scenes -- individual talent pages sometimes needs updating and some projects may not be listed.)
    A few of the guys have a project or two lined up, but Chris Atkins has 6 projects coming up! He's the one I've been rooting for the most: he seems to have the best attitude and he's still so darned cute. I liked that, when they were taking the bus tour and basically reliving how they screwed up their careers, he didn't play the "poor me" game. He knows he messed up, but he isn't dwelling on it and he doesn't have that sense of entitlement that I think David, in particular, seems to feel. Not auditioning for that commercial was just foolish.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I thought Christopher Atkins was adorable back in the day but now every time I see him I think...Jan Michael Vincent. I really hope they all get some satisfaction out of doing this. It was cute the way they begrudgingly gave up their clothes for a new style.

Christopher Atkins was also on the M&J Show Friday (& got the most airtime). You can go to their website, listed above, and check it out.

If you watch the videos on the M&J show site, watch the one labeled Part Two first. They have them reversed. It was nice to see them on TV, but interviews on those shows are pretty "meh" - it was just sort of a summary of some the things that happened on the show. Nice to see though, that Eric has cut his hair. I liked it long, but I think he's likely to get more work if he keeps it short.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

this was a good episode. I enjoyed the talk with Scott...and the discussion as to how Hollywood has changed.

Did they tell us earlier how these guys have been supporting themselves all these years. AZ has done cruise ship work according to Scott but that was the first I heard of gainful employment

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3287758;
    A few of the guys have a project or two lined up, but Chris Atkins has 6 projects coming up! He's the one I've been rooting for the most: he seems to have the best attitude and he's still so darned cute. I liked that, when they were taking the bus tour and basically reliving how they screwed up their careers, he didn't play the "poor me" game. He knows he messed up, but he isn't dwelling on it and he doesn't have that sense of entitlement that I think David, in particular, seems to feel. Not auditioning for that commercial was just foolish.
    We just got the first show here in Canada yesterday so I'm behind the times in this thread, but I have to say - I wasn't a fan of Christopher Atkins back in the Blue Lagoon days, but just after seeing the premiere epi I already have a huge crush on him. I'm totally digging that aged-surfer look he's got, and he seems like such a nice guy. I would be happy to see him on TV or in a movie any time.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I fell completely and totally in love with CA in The Blue Lagoon. OMG! I used to fantasize about being Brooke Shields and being stranded on that island with him. I remember my mom wouldn't let me watch their love making scene and when I was finally old enough to watch it, I was disappointed because it wasn't all that graphic. LOL

+ Reply to Thread