+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: confessions of a teen idol

FORT Newbie

Re: confessions of a teen idol

well i think this will be a good show. i really enjoyed all the former teen idols in the heights of their careers. hopefully they will stick through it and get back to what they missed and once loved, having the public loving them again. i can't wait to see how they break through their own walls and get a second chance to be famous. it will be interesting to see all of them progress to the next level.

I like this concept of bringing back actors (or TV personalities in Eric's case), who have a body of work -- so that obviously have talent or appeal -- to see who still have "it" to come back. Glad that no one gets kicked off each week.

Scott Baio and Christopher Atkins were on Good Day LA this morning. If you're interested, you can go to www.myfoxla.com, look up the morning show, then replay that interview. (Though, because GDLA updates their website daily, it will only be available for a couple of days.) Christopher Atkins seems like he's very well grounded and has learned from his past discretions (Adrian too).

I was shocked to see on ep 1 that Chris was the 1st choice for the lead in the movie
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Footloose
    (put it in a spoiler wrap in case someone wants to watch the show from the beginning), but that from his partying, he was dropped from the role.

I really felt bad for some of them with the focus group. Ouch big time to hear what real women thought of you.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I think this show will help them out. Look at all of us who are already going "ga-ga" over some of them. Who do you think has the best shot at making it "big" (or bigger ) again?

Chris has the best shot along with (TJ Hooker guy???). The others have bad attitudes and they are so resistant to change.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fanatic

Blue Lagoon is on WE channel right now. oh the memories.

Does anyone remember "The Pirate Movie"? I think I saw it about 100 times! Sad, I know, but I was 12.

I love the Pirate Movie. Great way to mindlessly blow an hour and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3266384;
    I didn't watch The Real World Hollywood but I saw a picture that said "Studio 20" and noticed lastnight that their house was "Studio 7." So, maybe its the same and they just renamed it?!? I dunno?
    Maybe it was the same lot but different set...I love the pirate movie too! I miss seing Kristy MacNichol (sp?) on TV. That show empty nest was great and I really loved her on her after school specials in the 80's and of course Lil Darlins!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Oh, GOD, I LOVED The Pirate Movie! I must have watched it 100 times at least! I still know the lyrics to all the songs. I'm sure I could use that space in my brain to store something more useful, but there it is.

I'm really impressed with Chris - he seems really grounded and, ITA with the focus group - he could play the lead in a drama series. Of all the guys, I think David is the least realistic and the least open to change. If he's so concerned with his image and being made a fool of, he should watch some of his work on Baywatch. Like that was the Royal Shakespeare Company?

The shopping trip was hilarious, especially Eric shooting every suggestion down. It also wasn't bad to see him standing around with his shirt off He might be a bit kooky, but he's still hot. I don't mind the scruffiness either.

Did anyone else think some of those focus group women were megabitches? The one with the 1989 hairstyle who called the guys middle aged losers was the worst. I guess since we've gotten to know the guys a bit, I felt a little protective of them and it made me mad that those women were so nasty. I felt so bad for Jeremy when they were saying he looked like a drug addict.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the show and finding myself rooting for all of the guys.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread