+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: confessions of a teen idol

FORT Fogey

Re: confessions of a teen idol

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3342085;
    This was better than I expected. They seemed like real people, but it feels as if they would be better off without fame.

I agree with you. The show was nice...minimal drama and the group bonded wonderfully.
    The help that each guy was given at the end was really well thought out. I certainly give Scott Baio a lot of credit for putting this show together and for carrying it off.

I too wonder what is that pull to fame. It is sort of like a drug once it gets in your system.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3342202;
    I agree with you. The show was nice...minimal drama and the group bonded wonderfully.
    The help that each guy was given at the end was really well thought out. I certainly give Scott Baio a lot of credit for putting this show together and for carrying it off.

I too wonder what is that pull to fame. It is sort of like a drug once it gets in your system.
    I enjoyed this show but kept expecting some cheesy superficial drama to pop up and ruin it. Was pleasantly surprised that the show was kept on a positive level. Can't even believe VH1 pulled it off. Maybe they'll realize that it doesn't all have to be hairpulling and drug enduced to get viewers. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the guys in future entertainment opportunities.

Glad this reality show was a "feel good" show. I would MUCH rather see something like this than a predictable dating reality show, where no one is chosen at the end.

Hopefully, they will do a Season 2.
    Wonder what former teen idols will be on?
    (Some good picks would be: Willie Aames/Eight is Enough & Charles in Charge; Screech/Saved by the Bell; Leif Garrett/popstar; Richard Greico/21 Jump Street; Ralph Macchio/Karate Kid; C. Thomas Howell/The Outsiders; Jonathan Brandis/Seaquest DSV; Barry Williams/Greg from The Brady Bunch; Alex Winter/Bill from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure; Malcolm Jamal Warner/Cosby; Stephen Dorff/Blade; Wil Wheaton/Stand by Me; Jaleel White/Urkel from Family Matters; Matthew Laurence/Boy Meets World; Justin Guarini/American Idol season 1; Ian Ziering/Beverly Hills 90210; Jonathan Taylor Thomas/Home Improvement; Aaron Carter/popstar; Parker Stevenson/The Hardy Boys; Billy Wirth/Lost Boys & Boys on the Side)

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3343163;
    Glad this reality show was a "feel good" show. I would MUCH rather see something like this than a predictable dating reality show, where no one is chosen at the end.

(Some good picks would be: Willie Aames/Eight is Enough & Charles in Charge; Screech/Saved by the Bell; Leif Garrett/popstar; Richard Greico/21 Jump Street; Ralph Macchio/Karate Kid; C. Thomas Howell/The Outsiders; Jonathan Brandis/Seaquest DSV; Barry Williams/Greg from The Brady Bunch; Alex Winter/Bill from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure; Malcolm Jamal Warner/Cosby; Stephen Dorff/Blade; Wil Wheaton/Stand by Me; Jaleel White/Urkel from Family Matters; Matthew Laurence/Boy Meets World; Justin Guarini/American Idol season 1; Ian Ziering/Beverly Hills 90210; Jonathan Taylor Thomas/Home Improvement; Aaron Carter/popstar; Parker Stevenson/The Hardy Boys; Billy Wirth/Lost Boys & Boys on the Side)
    The whereabouts of some of these former stars are known:

Willie Aames only does Christian-based work now; Screech has already done celebrity Fit Club and released a sex vid (basically he's bad news); Ralph Macchio is still acting and just did a few episodes of Ugly Betty; Howell does tons of straight-to-DVD movies a year; Alex Winter is a busy director; Wil Wheaton is happy to be an ex-actor, and is a successful writer/entrepreneur; Ian Zierling was on Dancing with the Stars; Greico and Guarini are both currently on a reality show where celebrities try to become country singing stars. And JTT, Matt Laurence, Jaleel White, MJ Warner are still acting. Sadly, Jonathon Brandis committed suicide several years ago.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3343163;

Wow! What a list. Leif Garrett? My absolute first heart throb! Jonathan Taylor Thomas would also be intersting to follow up on.

Willie Aames only does Christian-based work now; Screech has already done celebrity Fit Club and released a sex vid (basically he's bad news); Ralph Macchio is still acting and just did a few episodes of Ugly Betty; Howell does tons of straight-to-DVD movies a year; Alex Winter is a busy director; Wil Wheaton is happy to be an ex-actor, and is a successful writer/entrepreneur; Ian Zierling was on Dancing with the Stars; Greico and Guarini are both currently on a reality show where celebrities try to become country singing stars. And JTT, Matt Laurence, Jaleel White, MJ Warner are still acting. Sadly, Jonathon Brandis committed suicide several years ago.
    Great update, thanks! Greico's still around? I'll have to do a google of this reality show to check him out.

I checked his Web site (Leif Garrett) and it said he has an album "Three sides of ..." in stores now.

FORT Fogey

I am not all that interested in who might be cast in the next season.....they cast the first without our help so I figure they can do as well with the second. There are several people mentioned in previous posts whom I have no interest in seeing again.

Again I give the producers credit for tweaking the reality show formula. Rather than dismissing a person per week ( "America voted and you are not safe"), the show became a journey with everybody making it to the finish line and getting appropriate prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3343345;

Wow -- excellent update!

With Willie Aames connection to Scott Baio (co-star of Charles in Charge), he may have been approached for this season (& declined).
    I would love to see C.Thomas Howell -- always thought he was a talented actor ... and good looking. (Was he Pony Boy???)
    Knew Richard Geico & Justin Guarini had "Gone Country", but CoaTI would give them better opportunities. (Actually Dustin Nguyen, also from 21 Jump Street, would be good too. Recently saw a photo of him on TMZ and it looked like he had barely aged!)
    Jaleel White & Malcolm Jamal Warner would be good to see again, plus give the show a little diversity. The "before" photo of Urkel would be funny.
    Barry Williams would benefit from being on a show like this (unless he would rather dance on ABC).
    I doubt Stephen Dorff would NOT do it (ego-thing).
    Think Billy Wirth would (he was the reason I've watched "Lost Boys" umpteen times) -- I'll email Billy and find out.
    Heard Ian Ziering is looking for a new avenue to get back on TV and he'd be the shining star of a season. (He'd be the Christopher Atkins.)
    Leif Garrett had substance abuse problems in the past, but that may be behind him now.
    Jonathan Taylor Thomas has come out of the closet, so it would be interesting to see if that affected things. Always thought he was the best actor of the sons on "Home Improvement".

And, hey, don't think the FoRT goes unnoticed.
    The producer of The Bachelor has a staffer read that thread and they have tweaked/changed their format due to FoRT posters, so opinions are heard here! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3348984;
    Jonathan Taylor Thomas has come out of the closet, so it would be interesting to see if that affected things. Always thought he was the best actor of the sons on "Home Improvement".
    Unless there's an article I'm not aware of (and I just did a bunch of searches to make sure), JTT has never come out as gay. After he played a gay teen in Common Ground, he gave an interview in the gay magazine The Advocate saying that the rumors he'd been reading on the internet were "lies", but he stopped short of declaring whether he was gay, straight or plaid. He may or may not be gay, but he hasn't been forthcoming about it either way.

One person I'd love to see on the show is Michael Shoeffling, who was Jake Ryan in Sixteen Candles and Joe, Winona Ryder's crush in Mermaids. He gave up the business entirely.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Omg, I LOVED him in Sixteen Candles! Yes please to that!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread