+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cha$e

Cha$e

Has anyone been watching this show? It's on SciFi Tuesday's at 10pm.

From the show's site at Scif.com:

"They can run. But can they hide?

CHA$E, an action-packed, edge-of-your-seat reality show, pits Runners against each other on life sized "game boards" in the quest for cash. But in order to win, they must avoid being caught by the relentless Hunters who stalk them during the games.

All is fair in competition and money. Some will be savvy and others will be sacrificed.

The action takes place throughout various locations in Los Angeles like San Pedro Harbor, Universal Theme Park and the Descanso Gardens.

In CHA$E Runners must also be conscious of their time. As the clock counts down, the tasks get harder and the Hunters grow more insistent.Every second they go uncaught leads them closer to winning a cash prize of up to $50,000. Tune in to find out who will escape the chase."

It's a live video game basically. It's a little bit cheesy but when there's nothing else to watch, it is entertaining.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Re: Cha$e

I watched the last two episodes. I also thought it was cheesy, but the contestants make me laugh.

I loved the twist in the last episode where they had to partner up and be tied to each other or have a flashing light on to alert the Hunters to their location! It was comical!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Yeah, that part was hilarious! I also liked that the nerds were the ones who ran the fastest. It seems like they may have had a lot of practice running from bullies in the past lol.

This show, and Estate of Panic, have become favorites of mine. They both prove that the Game Show isn't necessarily dead--you just have to put new creative spins on it.

Both will have exhausted their episode orders, I think, by next week. Which is a shame. They need to make more of both.

I'm very curious about the next episode. The title of it is apparently "Twins in the City 1.0". I haven't seen a preview to tip me off--I just found the epi title online. But... if I have to guess? Twin contestant pairs.

BTW: Hunter stats/ real names if anyone cares?

Alias / Name / Gender / Ht. / lbs. / BMI / Skill / Captures

Amazon / Amazon Beard / Female / 5'5" / 138 / 23.0 / Speed Runner / 7
    Grant / Robert Grant / Male / 6'0" / 200 / 27.1 / Sprinter / 6
    Icey / Berglind Icey / Female / 5'11" / 129 / 18.0 / Endurance / 1
    Kim / Benjamin Kim / Male / 5'9" / 180 / 26.6 / Speed Runner / 5
    Scott / Jilina Scott / Female / 5'11" / 135 / 18.8 / Agility / 2
    T-Bo / Thibault Laporte / Male 5'7" / 148 / 23.2 / Parkour / 2
    Vazquez / RJ Vazquez / Male / 5'9" / 168 / 24.8 / Jumper / 3
    Wong / James Wong / Male / 6'0" / 180 / 24.4 / Stealth / 3

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Her name is seriously Amazon Beard? Oh my!! I'm glad to know Scott is really Jilina...I found it odd that anyone would name their girl Scott.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Like the show, and agree that it may be a little cheesy but it's still fun to watch.

On the statistics, what is BMI??? Body Mass Index? Does that mean weight?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

I believe BMI is percentage of body fat.

We've watched every episode of this show. I would hate to do this because I'd hate that hunted, trapped kind of feeling. But at least there is a definite end in sight, of 60 minutes.

This last beauty vs geek episode, the players screwed up alot. They kept forgetting to use their defenses. We felt, too, that the players are at a disadvantage in the dark. DH commented that the lights from the tv cameras would tip off the hunters.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Thank you, Forters, for alerting me to the existence of this show. I rarely watch the SciFi channel and would have never found it on my own. I'd love to play though I'd never be able to outrun the Hunters.

Really, the glasses the hunters wear are cool and all ... but all they have to do is look for the CAMERADUDE Standing Next to a RUNNER!!!

Still love watching this show.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast