+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Secret Millionaire

Secret Millionaire

I know some of you are watching this.
    FOX Broadcasting Company: SECRET MILLIONAIRE
    SECRET MILLIONAIRE is a dramatic unscripted series that takes viewers out of their comfort zones and into the heart of America's social issues.

Each week, one of the wealthiest Americans, worth millions of dollars, will go undercover into one of the most impoverished and dangerous towns in America. Their job is to spend one week canvassing the town - meeting as many people as possible - some of whom will touch the millionaire with their dedication to helping others while others will have incredible stories of trying to overcome tremendous odds. On the final day, the Secret Millionaire meets with the chosen recipients and reveals his/her true identity and intentions - to give them a sum of money that is going to change their lives forever.

SECRET MILLIONAIRE will engage viewers in important social issues, extol the virtues of volunteerism and change the lives of disadvantaged people - and the philanthropists who helped them - in unexpected ways.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Secret Millionaire

I'm in!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So far this feels too scripted to me. I see they told everyone involved they were filming a documentary on poverty to explain the cameras. We all know cameras have a way of making people act quite different than they normally would.

Very true. I may not be able to hang with this show for too long. I just finished reading Nickel and Dimed, so it's really got me thinking about people who actually live like this, but at least it was done by an undercover journalist.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I already planned to switch to the Grammy nomination show at 9.
    I can definitely relate to the little girl with cancer.

I know you can. Don't I remember her from Oprah's Big Give (or whatever it was called) show?

So they have to roll up in a Mercedes in their designer duds, Rolex watches, rings and all for the dramatic effect?
    ETA All the toys for the kids was too cool.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-03-2008 at 09:56 PM.

I thought the recipient's didn't look too surprised. I thought they would be more animated...I don't know maybe it's just me.

I meant to watch this but got involved in the Rockefeller Plaza tree lighting and forgot about it. Was it just a one-time deal or will it be a series?
    CYA

According to their website which I included in the first post it is to be a weekly show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast