+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Secret Millionaire

FORT Newbie

Re: Secret Millionaire

If you notice the fine print at the end of the show, it does say something to tthe effect of the monetary awards may not actually be presented in the manner depicted on the show so a check with a non-existent date is not definitive proof that the entire show is scripted, but it does suggest that the money presentation scenes are highly staged, which does make you wonder about how real the rest of it is if they're going to stage the "money shot"

Just my observations
    -lkench

Am I one of the few people watching and (most times) liking this series? Nobody has posted about it for ummm...well it looks like since December of 2008!
    I guess I'll (shamelessly !) head back to the Real Housewives of Orange County thread if nobody else is into the "Secret Millionaire".

I really like this show, too, and I like to think that some of the millionaires make connections that continue past the show.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    Am I one of the few people watching and (most times) liking this series? Nobody has posted about it for ummm...well it looks like since December of 2008!
    I guess I'll (shamelessly !) head back to the Real Housewives of Orange County thread if nobody else is into the "Secret Millionaire".
    I like this feel-good show but the problem I have is it's like watching the same show over and over. Same script, different characters.
    I love the idea of it but like Undercover Boss, it's too predictable, too scripted and the "real people" come off as bad actors.
    But I can't say I know of a way to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I like this feel-good show but the problem I have is it's like watching the same show over and over. Same script, different characters.
    I love the idea of it but like Undercover Boss, it's too predictable, too scripted and the "real people" come off as bad actors.
    Well this is the first season I've watched this show and I've only seen 3 episodes but I can definitely see the similarities with Secret Millionaire and Undercover Boss. I did get bored with UB after a few episodes for the exact reasons DragonLady just mentioned. However, the bottom line is that deserving charities are getting donations they otherwise wouldn't have gotten so I guess it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    Well this is the first season I've watched this show and I've only seen 3 episodes but I can definitely see the similarities with Secret Millionaire and Undercover Boss. I did get bored with UB after a few episodes for the exact reasons DragonLady just mentioned. However, the bottom line is that deserving charities are getting donations they otherwise wouldn't have gotten so I guess it's all good.
    My thoughts exactly!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I only watched one show and have never seen undercover boss but there is something about it I didnt like and I cannot quite put my finger on it.

I think it would be fun to lay some money on a woman who wants a face lift but can't afford one and that would be me! I figure it is a service that would benefit all who look at me. So it is the gift that keeps on giving. I crack myself up a lot

tonights episode was good..those people really gave out more than anyone I have seen so far..good for them..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    tonights episode was good..those people really gave out more than anyone I have seen so far..good for them..
    Agreed! I was thrilled with their donations!

FORT Fogey

Why did the house for single, teenage mothers get the most money? The beauty bus only got $10,000, and the restaurant only got $10,000. The homeless young people got less than the single mothers. The teenage girls knew what could/would happen when they chose to have intercourse. The sick adults and the poor, hungry adults didn't "choose" their circumstances. Why are single, teenage mothers more deserving than everyone else?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast