+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Secret Millionaire

Re: Secret Millionaire

I have to admit tearing up a time or two but it does feel scripted. When the millionaires say "I have to tell them I lied to them blah blah" such drama. You hand someone a huge check and you can bet they're gonna forget you lying about weather or not you are poor.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Newbie

This show definitely looks fake and the reactions are pretty lame too. Did anyone catch the fact that the checks coming from the Married Millionaires were dated for April 31, 2008? That date doesn't exist. Here is a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

To the Point

I so did not catch the date on the checks. Interesting...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate "crying" shows. Here's hoping it has a 1-2 time run, only.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by secretmillion;3245276;
    This show definitely looks fake and the reactions are pretty lame too. Did anyone catch the fact that the checks coming from the Married Millionaires were dated for April 31, 2008? That date doesn't exist. Here is a screenshot.
    I'm going to have to go back thru my DVR. I thought they were dated in March and check number 2071. And a new poster called secretmillion?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I just checked and the ones given during the second hour do indeed have that date on them.
    In the 1st episode they are dated March 21, 2008 and the one check I saw for the construction lady was #2777.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-04-2008 at 09:31 PM.

I watched last night all excited that it would actually be sort of like the book Nickle and Dimed and there would be some huge epiphanies or something. Not from what I saw. It was an interesting thought though.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I liked the premise, but was disappointed. I agree with those of you who say it was too scripted. It looked like all the encounters with needy people were set up (although I guess I can see how it would have to be if you're going to film this show in a week).

I liked the first show better (the one with the real estate millionaire and his son). I liked the fact that they had to find a place to live and had to work to make their rent (even though the job must have been a set-up). I'd love to see a follow-up with the son in a year's time to see if the experience had any lasting effect on him.

I thought the reactions were pretty realistic. It seems natural to me that when you're not expecting something like that to happen that a person would be stunned, moved,and speechless and not jumping up and down like they're on a game show.

FORT Newbie

i'm the one who posted the screenshot of the check. i chose the name secretmillion cause i didnt want to use my typical online name. i have really no need to be signed up and posting this site except to post that pic.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And your point is?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast