+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twins, Twins, & Sextuplets

FORT Fogey

Twins, Twins, & Sextuplets

Finally!

A family reality show with normal people. No extreme religions, no extreme control freaks. Just a normal mom and dad who let their kids get dirty, who don't yell at each other, who don't marginalize their daughters into second class citizens.

I LOVE this couple. I love how they treat each other, and I love how they parent.

The kids are phenomenal. Polite, kind, but not religious robots.

The other two families...you know who they are....have lots to learn.

Re: Twins, Twins, & Sextuplets

I really have to wonder if this family and the Duggars, who are now getting A LOT of air time, are going to replace a certain other family who has been overexposed for far too long.

I DVR'd this show but have not yet watched it; from your description, it sounds like it will be a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3236281;
    I really have to wonder if this family and the Duggars, who are now getting A LOT of air time, are going to replace a certain other family who has been overexposed for far too long.

I DVR'd this show but have not yet watched it; from your description, it sounds like it will be a keeper.
    The Duggars weren't on tonight so I was wondering if this new family was maybe going to take their time slot. I fell asleep during the show but I'm sure I'll catch a rerun.
    CYA

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

This show is on TLC as well ???
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

FORT Newbie

This family is just WONDERFUL!! They blow any other family away. I watch Jon and Kate Plus Eight and see a fair amount of "good" stuff but I just can't get beyond Kate's controlling nature. I see happy kids but not happy parents. Just a lot of disrespect between the parents toward each other and their sense of entitlement is unbelievable.

The Hughes family, on the otherhand, are phenomenal. The kids are well-behaved and normal. The parents smile and laugh! They enjoy and love their kids and it's so refreshing to see. No one cares if their clothes don't match (Kate does!) or any of the other trivial things. The scenes between one of the older boys (Kyle?) taking care of Rebecca who has cerebal palsy nearly made me cry. They are so firmly grounded that Jon and Kate could learn a lot from watching the Hughes!

FORT Newbie

Forgot to add that I think the Duggars are very strange. I don't know what religion they practice but the kids are robots and Michelle's voice drives me insane-sounds like she is always on Valium!

FORT Fanatic

What a refreshing family show, especially the ones showing the children interacting with the little girl with cerebral palsy.

How on earth could a family pay all those grocery bills on one income? I would think they would go to some kind of warehouse store. If anyone could buy in bulk and use it, they could!

I was a little surprised they planned to order just a few main entrees at the restaurant and then split it up among the kids. They were tying up a separate room in the restaurant (I believe) and creating a lot of mess with so many small kids that staff will have to clean up. They would do better to just get carryout for a treat and eat at home.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

While I think this family is great...I've only seen one episode. And I still love John and Kate. Sure...they have problems...but that is what makes them NORMAL, imo. I know any one of us would have a hard time raising twins and sextuplets. Each family has figured out their own way of dealing with it and making it work. I can't knock any one of them for doing it the best way they see fit.

I watched most of this show last night and I was comparing it to another show about twins and sextuplets. It's weird on the Jon and Kate show, there is no clutter and the kids are sort of like props or something, I can't put my finger on it...almost like they're not real. They all dress alike, they look alike, there's 3 boys and 3 girls...its almost too perfect (except for the parents) On this show, it's hard to focus on the individual kids, maybe its too new to me but I thought it was boring. They're too close to every other family I know except for the fact that they have more kids than the average American family....there's no twist...like a psychotic mother, or being super religious or being little people. I'll give it another try next week but I hope something exciting happens.

Sorry, but I'm sick of this type of "show" with these people who have 8, 10, 50 kids. It's a little "old" now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast