+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whale Wars on Discovery Channel

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Whale Wars on Discovery Channel

Is anybody watching this show? Do you find the captain of the people who are trying to help the whales as horrible as I do? Talk about unlikeable! No wonder they kicked him out of Greenpeace!

Re: Whale Wars on Discovery Channel

Yeah, he was pretty awful. He knew those two guys would be held hostage on the Japanese whaling boat but only told them to deliver a letter. Someone said a cryptic "bring your passport"...but that's it. Seems like the captain would do anything for publicity.

I finally caught up with this show. And to anyone who hasn't seen it, I highly recommend taping a marathon. It makes Deadliest Catch look like an office job. It's kind of like "Carrier" but instead of soldiers it's crazy vegan dredlocked cultists. Fascinating and kind of scary.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

The second season starts tonight. I am wondering if they will be as unlikeable as last season. I am totally against whaling, but I really hated the captain of this ship. He was such a jerk who could care less about the people who were volunteering their time and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3485415;
    The second season starts tonight. I am wondering if they will be as unlikeable as last season. I am totally against whaling, but I really hated the captain of this ship. He was such a jerk who could care less about the people who were volunteering their time and safety.
    IDK..he is kinda of a jerk but I think he cares..maybe too much about the whales and it gets in his line of vision....but the first 5 minutes and see the japanese purposelly kill that whale in front of them and how cruelly they did it made me want to jump through the tv and go after them

I have admire these that go out since they don't get paid for 2 months at sea..it takes a strong convinction to do this..so they must be as passionate about it as he is
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Yeah, that was brutal. I do really respect people who are passionate and care about animals and the helpless who do not have a voice. It really gets my anger up to see them kill that whale!! I always liked what the Sea Shepherd was doing, just not how they seemed to take their crew for granted and be willing to have them die for promotional reasons.

This season is even better than the last. I wondered if Captain Paul was crazy/extremist enough to attack the whaling fleet as it searched for their missing crew member. It's reassuring to know that even zealots have their boundaries. I'm against whaling, but I think I'm even more against the by-any-means-necessary tactics of the Sea Shepherd.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

This season is actually more boring in my opinion, they have yet to have any confrontations with the whalers and its been nothing but minor drama from the inside...

I don't know if anyone but me is still watching this show...but since I am totally gung ho on saving animals I am watching

NEW SEASON starts tonight Campaign No compromise
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread