+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stylista

Kao

Re: Stylista

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3234743;
    Also, the overall layout, including the headline and typeface, on the losing team's project was much better that the winning team's project. In my opinion. My vastly superior to Anne Lowey's opinion .
    Definitely agree, especially regarding the typography.

I'm in the middle of the show now and I am very annoyed by Kate and Danielle. I could not believe that Kate just decided she didn't need to study at all before the party. I felt terrible for Danielle that they sent her to pick something out of the Elle closet when nothing in there would fit her. On the other hand, I thought it was unfair of her to ask the others for their opinion on how she looked when she clearly did not want to hear what they had to say. Like Johanna said - it was a loaded question.

I cannot believe that Kate is still in this. Completely ridiculous.

Kao

Okay, now I'm convinced that the judges do not watch footage of what goes on in the house at all.

If Johanna went home tonight, I would have had a stroke. Kate actually had the audacity to tell Ann she took a leadership role after accepting a LOT of help from Johanna with the page layout AND deliberately not studying names/faces for the party challenge. She is an absolutely useless individual.

Okay, while the winning team's photos and headline were better, I thought the losing team's overall layout was better. Apparently Anne Lowey and I would not get along.

I will say this for Kate, though she has a horrific personality and is generally useless, she does have a good eye.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I felt sorry for Danielle and she did not deserve to go home but she should have realized (unfortunately) that the fashion world is tall, skinny, size zero models. She should have just made the best of the Elle closet, there was great accessories, bags and shoes she could have used these things with her own clothes and looed fashionable.
    I can't believe that moron Kate is still there! This show really is stupid but I'm into it now and will watch to see who wins. And I hope it's not Kate or Megan!

I have to say that Johanna almost deserved to go last night. To be team leader and to let Kate go to sleep while they were studying. Too bad she didn't do what the other team did and split the names....she's something of a control freak. My inclination would have been to change my team's strategy while Kate was sleeping, give her her list in the morning and let her deal with it. But I digress...

Kate DOES have some good instincts. What she does NOT have is any sense of being part of a team or listening to others. Its her way or the bawling/screaming starts. Wow. Honestly, I think I'd be glad to be out of that house.

Danielle was the token person here. She did as well as she could, but in that situation, its almost impossible to break through. (and FYI...there are scads of lovely, trendy clothing for plus sizes, but not obviously at Elle).

The layouts both bored me so no real choice there. Johanna let Kate walk all over her at judging. I missed a little of it and am not sure why she didn't mention Kate bailing on their study session? Kate seems to be an absolute master at passive agressive control. ick.

but I too am just waiting to see who wins. Anyone really except Kate, even Megan at this point.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Kao

Good Lord, I can't see anyone even wanting to employ Kate after this show. :/

Has anyone else besides me noticed that the people on this show who ALREADY work for Elle magazine are the worst dressed people on this show? Their outfits are just horrendous...did you see Anne's outfit last night? And that other girl who came in at one point dressed in those short-shorts (it was an all black outfit). Seems like some of the competitors on this show need to teach the people at Elle how to dress!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;3238332;
    Has anyone else besides me noticed that the people on this show who ALREADY work for Elle magazine are the worst dressed people on this show? Their outfits are just horrendous...did you see Anne's outfit last night? And that other girl who came in at one point dressed in those short-shorts (it was an all black outfit). Seems like some of the competitors on this show need to teach the people at Elle how to dress!!!
    There have been a number of times on this show that I thought Anne was wearing a very unflattering outfit!! I haven't been paying attention to the other employees...

And she STILL can't walk gracefully in whatever shoes she has on!

There was one shot of her entering the judging room (I think) and she appeared to almost plow into the table and then just clomped around to her seat.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast