+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stylista

Re: Stylista

I always thought it would be fun to work in the fashion industry, everytime I watch this show my opinion goes further down the tubes. The dialogue with the niece was obviously scripted, what 10 year old talked like that? So if you are nice like Cologne giving Kate money and giving up the Mom/daughter pair to another team to keep peace you are considered weak and get sent home. That was so wrong to me. And they keep Kate who is whiny and can't work well in a team situation? She's still there for the drama.
    I wish they didn't have to work in teams, I would like to see how they work as individuals and see which ones shine.

You might think that these people are caricatures and couldn't possibly be that vicious and shallow, but my years working in the fashion-specific advertising industry tell me otherwise. Which is why I moved into another industry entirely.

All that aside, I have absolutely no respect for either Kate or Megan, and honestly, unless there is active whining or bitchery going on, I can't tell them apart. Yes, Kate was right in her opinion of the line they chose, but she has absolutely no ability to either communicate her thoughts cogently or inspire respect in her co-workers/team mates. And Megan, while her team wasn't dead last this week, did once again miss a critical point in their presentation. She may have mad skills in manipulation and evil, and she may be able to put an outfit together, but she apparently doesn't have the ability to write proper notes incorporating all the points that need to be covered in their presentation, or the necessary oversight to take a project through to completion.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Kao

You could tell that the niece was having a good time with her role as evil spoiled brat from hell though. A few times, it looked like she wanted to laugh but knew she couldn't. And when Meaghan gave her the little balloon wings she couldn't contain the beam of happiness on her face.

I can't stand Meaghan. but I can't deny that there's a certain aggressiveness and self-serving manipulation that would serve her well in the fashion industry and she seems to have some talent. Kate, on the other hand seems a bit clueless. That industry will run her over with a quickness, it requires championing your ideas at times when other people don't want to hear it. You also have to have the ability to work well with others on your team (unless you're Anna Wintour), and she seems to lack the ability to do these things.

Personally, I think Anne is getting a kick out of playing the role of "Ze Evil Editor" and is camping it up for all its worth.

I just don't know.... to keep Megan and Kate after they bitched and fought through the whole styling process is just maddening.

The show is becoming unbearable because of Kate's histrionics and Megan's lack of...well....anything approaching social skills. And why was she not chastised more for walking away from the photo shoot?

Devin and the English dude (William?) were both sent home tonight.

Looks likes Danielle and Johanna are melting down next week from the previews.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Kao

That sucks because I like Johanna and Danielle.

It seems like Kate has a track record for abandoning things when it gets "too hard." I couldn't believe her mom last night telling her "Well, if you're having that hard a time why don't you just come home?" Ugh. It was nice to see her grow a backbone though, and it DOES seem like she has a good "eye" for things, so we will see.

Meaghan, on the other hand, continues to be worthless and I would have been more than happy to see her leave last night. I can't wait until they start working on their own.

I'm so sick of all the whining, crying, screaming and bickering. So immature. It's ironic that the 'weak' team always wins. And good people like Devin and William go home. But worthless people like Megan and Kate get to stay. Just seems wrong to me.

While I understand that Devin's team's photoshoot was not in line with the designer's overall style, I still think it was a much better photo than the retro one. I LIKED the mannequins, I think they just didn't style the studio well enough to highlight the theme.But I thought it was interesting and different.

The retro photo seemed off...far too much dead space above the model and just blah. Although I do admit Kate was right about the tv. If she could just learn to communicate like an adult, maybe, just maybe she'll succeed at something.

Megan is one entitled brat. she can't leave soon enough for me.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Kao

I think both teams had very strong ideas but the execution was off. In pictures like this, HOW you crop is very important. In the retro pic (my personal favorite theme, but that's because I collect that type of stuff) should have been more closeup with more of an emphasis on the clothes. White space is important but there was a little too much unnecessary space in that picture. And that TV rocked. ^_^

The second team's layout WAS a little too sterile. What I would have done was crop it in such a way that you couldn't tell that the mannequins were headless and focused on the model and the table so the background was a bit blurred; that would have helped with the "face in the anon crowd" theme. The fact that you could clearly see that the mannequins were headless bothered me.

Looking back, I can say one positive thing about Katie. She absolutely OWNS what she does. What I don't like is her "blame" mentality. No one likes a tattletale, and it's going to come back and bite her in the ass. I really didn't like it when she told Meaghan "Fine, don't listen to me and I'll just tell the judges that I had another idea and you guys didn't listen." Not cool.

I just finished watching this week's episode and came to say that I preferred the losing team's photo (didn't seem particularly "elite" to me), and there needed to be some serious cropping done on the winning team's photo. Also, the overall layout, including the headline and typeface, on the losing team's project was much better that the winning team's project. In my opinion. My vastly superior to Anne Lowey's opinion .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I agree. Especially about the cropping on the winning team. There was too much wall space. The only thing I did like about their photo WAS the TV. I thought their title page look horrible...the loosing teams was far better. The wrong team won and the wrong people went home, imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast