+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stylista

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: Stylista

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3223030;
    Goodness, who told her to go all Baby Jane?
    Most probably Ty Ty Banks.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

So Megan's been on the losing team two weeks in a row - why hasn't she been called on it? Why does she keep getting the pass? If she's on the losing team next week she had better be questioned a bit more seriously about her apparent inability to work in a team environment.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I thought it was funny Megan's plan backfired. She put the 'weak' people together on a team and they were safe and Megans team were the losers. Jason did deserve to go home and I guess you don't get any sympathy for going to the hospital like you do on America's Next Top Model.
    I am liking Ashlie alot because she told off evil Megan.
    Anne Slowey might be acting for this show but I am still cringeing everytime she slithers into a scene. I DO remember her from the early days of Project Runway and I didn't like her then either!

I only caught part of this last episode and Megan STILL managed to drive me up a wall. If Ashlie doesn't slap her soon, someone needs to!

I'm not sure about next week's show with the entitled niece's party....stuff like that turns me off. I may get around to dvr'ing it so I can fast forward through most of it.

So far, Danielle is doing really well. good for her.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62;3226764;

I'm not sure about next week's show with the entitled niece's party....stuff like that turns me off. I may get around to dvr'ing it so I can fast forward through most of it.
    I am sure this episode came about because the producers of this show have decided that America believes that ALL powerful women in publishing behave like Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada. I recall from the book that Miranda had bratty entitled daughters to be catered to.

FORT Newbie

so far this show is okay...not sure if i would watch if it didnt come on right after top model...i dont remember the names of the cast yet. It's a shame how that boy who was having the panic attack got sent home anyway. i guess they don't have no time for pitty. He sucked but i thought they wouldve felt a little sorry 4 him. Most of them seem like they don't know what they are doing. and the ones who did know are cracking under pressure

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3222726;
    And can she really walk in high heels, she looked like she was clomping into the building ready to fall flat on her face. That would have been funny.
    I know! I rewatched that scene and laughed!! Clearly someone who is either wearing ill-fitting shoes or doesn't know how to walk in heels. Probably the former. Probably picked some designer shoes because she's "on TV" but man, she looked like a horse clopping.

Megan sucks. Kate sucks. I like how Ashley stands up to Megan, which cleary drives her crazy.

Big issue: Since when is the word empire, as in empire waist, pronounced closer to "impure"? That really threw me. An IMPURE waist? HAHHAHAHAAA! Fashionistas can be so weird.

And I want to know how many have, you know, journalism degrees. Maybe one has actual editing experience. Is that just no a requirement for fashion mags? Because it would sure help in, you know, editing and designing pages in a magazine (speaking as a magazine editor myself).

Kao

I would guess none, snooky. I'm a designer myself and the layouts really make me wince. Admittedly, some of that is probably due to "designing by committee" but is really inexcusable because people who want that sort of job are devouring all sorts of fashion magazines from an early age and should know how editorial pages generally "look."

I'm getting addicted to this show. Megan gets on my nerves. Kate gets on my nerves sometimes, but I don't think she's as horrible as people try to make her out be. I felt really bad for her when she was in the bathroom crying. Go Ashley and Danielle. As much as I liked Jason, those pics were ugly and he needed to go, poor thing. He was so stressed out it was having an adverse effect on his health.

Yeah. Jason wasn't cut out for this show, and he probably wouldn't do well in a high-pressure work environment, either. He's a fashion designer, right? Probably a lot less stressful in terms of meeting deadlines or catering to a demanding boss (though other than the breakfast bit in the first episode, I don't see that much catering needs to be done, thank goodness). As soon as he said he was breaking out in a rash, I knew it was nerves. And Ashley knew it, too--she kept trying to get him to breathe through his nose, very smart on her part (but she rocks on all levels anyway, so far!).

I know, the layouts hurt my eyes. So much awfulness. the winning team's wasn't as hideous, of course. What I don't get is why they don't refer to the magazine itself to see what pages generally look like. A quick flip through some back issues and they could see yellow was never used as a background color, for instance -- and not the ridiculous pile of multi-colored heads stacked all over at all angles, either! The winning team tried to make their page match the general template of the magazine's pages. Why is that rocket science for these people?

I also had to snicker at the one contestant remarking that they only had 90 minutes to lay out their page. Like that's such an amazingly tight deadline! Have you seen a daily newspaper, buddy?

I'm not sure the blame for the losing layout should have fallen on Jason. The photos weren't great, but the cropping and selection were also bad. And the other three could have reviewed what he shot before leaving the shop to be sure they had what they needed.

The switched captions was a really egregious mistake, too. And what about the quality of the copy? That doesn't play much of a part--probably because it doesn't translate well to TV. But the words are, you know, kind of important for a magazine.
    Last edited by snooky; 11-03-2008 at 02:52 PM.

So Cologne is gone after some poor decisions and having to listen to Kate whine constantly during their team challenge of creating a trend ed page (Ashlie was the third member).

It was poor of Ash and Cologne to totally discount Kate's input, but I probably would also. Kate has the most immature, irritating way of handling any conversation. I honestly think TPTB made a mistake by letting Cologne go. Although Cologne erred over the photo selection and both Ashlie and she really missed the boat on the trend (metallics? really?!), Kate just doesn't exhibit any ability to work in a team - kinda critical in this profession. Cologne had much more long-term potential.

I think Kate is being kept for drama honestly.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast