+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Chef Jeff Project

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Re: The Chef Jeff Project

I know that Chante and Adam will forever be the bad guys on this show, but they are the ones that need this the most. I know the Chante's and Adam's of this world, they are my family members, I've taught them. It’s easy to just say that they have a bad attitude and they will never make it, but I do think that that they genuinely want this. To be told that you are worthless day in and day out takes more then two weeks of praise and faith to get over. You believe that you are nothing, and so they act accordingly. Its easy look here is this opportunity why aren't you taking it, but you have to change their whole mentality and lifestyle. I know that it would take me more that a month or so to that. It’s about growing, and taking every opportunity to make a change. I think that the two of them are making step in the right direction. Family and friends have a lot to do with that also, and i was so happy that Chef made it clear that even those closest to us can sometime be a cancer. They will get there, it just takes some time.
    Last edited by petite_indigo; 11-11-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

Quote Originally Posted by petite_indigo;3232449;
    I know that Chante and Adam will forever be the bad guys on this show, but they are the ones that need this the most.
    Thank you for sharing this petite_indigo. One of the main reasons I joined FORT was to expand my point of view. Chante and Adam's attitudes are beyond my ability to relate in any way.

I hope all of these kids make a positive use of this opportunity. Food service seems to be a high stress and exhausting occupation. I couldn't do it and wouldn't want to try.

When this show started, I thought Jeff was just giving them the scholarship, if they completed the project - paid for from his own pocket. I didn't realize that he didn't have the final say and wasn't fitting the bill at all.

Congrats to the men and women who took advantage of this opportunity. As a show this wasn't the greatest. I didn't realize that the project was only one month long. That hardly seems enough time to get more than the most superficial view of these people. I doubt that I would tune in for a Season 2.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I loved this show and hope that it returns for another season. I shed quite a few tears during some of these episodes.

I was sad to hear that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Adam had not taken the job offer in Houston or gotten his GED and started at the culinary school but I was glad to hear that Chante was going to culinary school part time.

I really liked each of these young people. I had a soft spot for Alonzo...I really hope he succeeds.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3235539;
    When this show started, I thought Jeff was just giving them the scholarship, if they completed the project - paid for from his own pocket. I didn't realize that he didn't have the final say and wasn't fitting the bill at all.
    I thought that only 1 person was going to get the scholarship but figured in true Ellen spirit they all would get one or something.

I was surprised Adam hadn't taken the opportunity all the tears he shed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some people are scared to get out of their familiar territory. He strikes me as one of those folks. He'd have to face who he is without his gang buddies, and establish a new identity. Some people are afraid to succeed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3219892;
    I did watch this today. It was kind of interesting. The Latino guy has some serious issues that I don't see the Black guy backing down from....but at least he is handling it differently. The Latino guy has some serious maturity issues. 2 roosters on a yard have never peacefully coexisted.

I think it's great to see these young people being given another chance at a successful life. I was very disappointed to see that several of them have neither a G.E.D. nor a high school diploma.

Let's start out with getting your facts straight..... there's no latino guy he is asian.... The only one who didn't have her diploma was maria because she was still in high school.... the rest I don't know

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabz;3245085;
    ...The only one who didn't have her diploma was maria because she was still in high school.... the rest I don't know
    actually, at the beginning of the show, they learned that none of the three guys had a diploma or g.e.d. and at the end of the show, they said adam still had not completed his g.e.d. and subsequently had not attended the culinary school.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123