+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Chef Jeff Project

Re: The Chef Jeff Project

I was so impressed with Maria this ep. I doubt that anyone else in that group would have done as well, when Chef Jeff had to repair his boo boo.

Adam is like a puppy that wants to please, but can't be trained to behave properly. He seems to do fine when he has constant supervision, but on his own he is a mess. He was in the right in his fight with Chante.

Chante continues to stir up trouble and believe that her opinion is the only one that matters. So she has 4 kids and limited funds, but doesn't have the work ethics or drive to make her employable in many fields. She will never last a few months in culinary school, much less graduate. No matter what the occassion for her pity party next ep, I don't see me showing up. On a positive note, she seems to have gotten rid of the inappropriate fake nails. I hope Jeff talks to her in private about the dancing and explains to her the difference between being a friendly member of the catering staff and being a guest at the party.

I guess I was wrong about Alonzo and ex-drug boy. They didn't impress this week.

I just caught this show for the first time last night, I really enjoyed it. What a great idea to try and teach disadvantaged young people a skill that can really help them. Jamie Oliver did a similar "experiment" in the U.K. with mixed results. I think the most difficult thing for young people is how unglamorous cooking in a restaurant really is, it's really hard work too!

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3224055;
    I just caught this show for the first time last night, I really enjoyed it. What a great idea to try and teach disadvantaged young people a skill that can really help them. Jamie Oliver did a similar "experiment" in the U.K. with mixed results. I think the most difficult thing for young people is how unglamorous cooking in a restaurant really is, it's really hard work too!
    I was able to watch here on cable about 2 yrs ago and we had a thread about the show. Very similiar principle but the kids were put through a cooking school program and had to learn how to cook Jaime's recipe's. It was interesting as the kids were their own worst enemies. Amazing how given a golden opportunity their own habits and personalities messed them up. It was also a very big rish for Jaime as he was opening his restaurent in London and it was way over budget. Gave you an idea how risky the restaurent business is. That besides being a good chef you also have to be able to network and be a business man.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I really loved this show. To get a better understanding of Chef Jeff, I went to the local bookstore to purchase his book (Cooked) and it was currently sold out. I admire him for wanting to take on such a challenge. The good thing about this show is that, these kids can't lie to him or try to act all tough because Chef Jeff has already road tested it.

Chef Jeff was way too easy on Adam for being late and then he rewards his bad behavior by giving him a day off. Why was his hangover anger at his girlfriend (pathetic) any more uncontrollable than his anger at Alonso and Chante? He should have made him the dishwasher and put him to work in isolation, if he couldn't work and play well with others that day.

Marie's only sin was trusting and counting on Chante for a ride and fortunately Chef Jeff knew that.

Chante kills me with her "He acts like I'm lying or something." and then she brings in generic sales receipts that don't even show the name/address and phone number of the place were the immaginary repairs were made. She was certainly fortunate to find these mystery garages available and willing to do the repairs within hours of the vandalism acts. Too bad the computers were down at the police station. The bad guys must have had a field day during that time in that precinct. She had been late 4 times and been given a warning of expulsion from the program. When he went to visit her she was taking a nap with falls right in with her "I don't even do dishes at home.". I think she wanted to be on this show to get on TV and has no intension of giving the program her full effort. He should have told her not to bother to show up again.

She says she lives in the hood, but her apartment looks nicer than mine. I may not have 4 kids living with me, but I also don't have time to nap in the afternoon and I do dishes.

Alonso is really falling apart. Poor Brett got stuck with Chante at the market. Cathy has little experience with food, but seems committed to doing well.
    Last edited by dberk; 11-03-2008 at 12:00 AM.

As for Adam, Ghef Jeff was correct in letting him off for the day. He actually applauded Adam's recognition of his anger issues and that he was choosing not to put himself in an atmosphere where he would become violent.

Jeff was also correct in busting out Shante for her obvious lie about her car. She just didn't think he would go so far as to check it out. You cannot fool a fooler.

Maria wants this bad and she is at least trying. I am rooting for her

I'm rooting for Maria, Brett or Alonzo. I think any three could make a real success of running a kitchen. I'm most attracted to the contestants who listen to the assignment and then set to doing the work. I have NO respect for Chante or Adam. Both are whiners who somehow think the world owes them a living. And what a whopper Chante tries to pass onto Jeff. That was absolutely the worst lie I've ever heard. You'd think she would be better at it than what we saw on this last episode.

I'm a little torn about this ep.

Chante and Adam's attitude at having to share the team leader role was pathetic considering that they should both have been kicked out weeks ago. Adam, being a leader doesn't mean only helping or guiding when your team comes to you, but approaching them as needed. Chante, being boss and being bossy are two different things.

When the cheftestants were talking among themselves about how excited they were to be Jeff's guests at his mom's b-day party, all I could think about was how awkward that would be for them and he did end up airing their dirty laundry and putting them on display. When someone suggested that they offer to help him with the food once they get there, the only one against it was "I don't do dishes in my own house" Chante. Prior to the party Jeff seemed adamant that they just enjoy themselves at the BBQ, but he caved quickly once they got to his house and he quickly asigned them stations. Whether it was their ideas or not they seemed to spend the whole day cooking for free for his family. It just didn't seem right somehow.

I don't know if the whole "let's cook for Chef" was staged or not, but I thought it was commendable for them to do it. They took the initiative to say "hey, let's let Chef enjoy his moms birthday party with his family and WE'LL do the cooking." Of course it was no surprise when Shante said she didn't think they should since Chef wants them to relax and enjoy themselves...afterall it WAS pretty stressful finding a place to fix her broken window and other car damage in a matter of 2 hours *eyeroll*

I don't see Shante or Adam succeeding. Adam, I think, wants it, but his attitude keeps getting in the way. I'm not sure he's got a strong enough work ethic and Shante, well she just wants everything handed to her on a silver platter, IMO.

Given the amout of food Jeff had planned, I don't see how he could possibly have prepared it all properly without the help from his team even with his wife's help. Other than official taste tester, I didn't see Jeff doing any grill work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast