+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

FORT Fanatic

The Rachel Zoe Project

I couldn't find a thread on this so if there is one please excuse me and merge!

Does any one watch this? She seems like a talented "stylist" but really really stupid and does she ever look at her own self in the mirror?
    She reminds me so much of that cat who sings memories in CATS! The bad fur and all her dead over processed looking hair! She is so little and always wears too much stuff, like a 40 yr old Olsen twin bag lady! The too much eyemake up, big huge bags ick!

The stars always look good but what is she thinking half the time. I usually Tivo it and now turn off the sound so I can just see the styles and not have to hear her talk and say OMG and like and fab, bannannas, love it or other thinks like that. A grown up valley girl is too much!

What is up with her asst too? Just a horrible person.

They need someone to help them too that could say hey instead of going to a uber high end boutique to purchase "nipple covers" for $30 a pair to keep in your " kit" why don't you buy them at cost in bulk? Same for spanx and other stuff like that! Lazy over indulgence! They must spend an unnecessary fortune in that stuff!

The little boy asst is simply awful too surely he was hired to add drama to the show because he is worthless on his best day!

FORT Fogey

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

I'm watching, and I'm kind of hooked. I must be in the minority, but I really like Rachel so far. I love that she has followed her heart and is working at hard at making a successful career for herself.

She and her husband went to George Washington Univ. I believe. That is not an easy school, so they must be pretty intelligent.

I also really like how Rachel interacts with Brad and Tra (what's her nickname). She's not a stuck up boss and they really seem to function as a true team - despite their squabbles.

In these respects, I admire how she's handling her business.

The only thing that bugs me about her is how she and her husband constantly call each other "baby". Bleh. Gross. Icky. Whenever I hear couples refer to each other by pet names, I don't think of "endearment". Instead, I think that they aren't truly relating to each other as people.

And, she really does need to work at spending more time with her husband. Although.....I think that while her husband kinds of bitches about it, he's using this show to get his businesses off the ground and I tend to think it's not as big an issue as what the editing tells us.

And I'm annoyed by the press' focus on her weight. In her wedding pictures, she was just as thin way back then as she is now so they can't blame her on trying to be railthing for hollywood purposes.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-08-2008 at 11:08 PM.

I've been watching this show since the beginning because I love fashion and I do like how they have showed the fashion shows, clothes and the famous fashion designers. And I was interested to see what a stylist did. I like Rachel, she is unorganized but at least she has a career she seems to love. If she's happy with the way she looks and dresses more power to her.
    What I could have done without was all the drama with the husband and the two assistants. I had to turn the volume down on my TV everytime snotty, witchy Taylor was on.

FORT Fanatic

exactly! I am sure she is happy with the way she looks or she wouldn't dress that way. I am just surprised that the clients look so fabulous but I am always amazed at what she wears most of the time. She is so teeny tiny but always looks like she has on clothing that is too big and too layered and I really wish she would get a better hair cut!
    Stray Cat are you her? She looks like a "stray cat"! Haha!

Nonono! I'm NOT her! I agree she always wears those furry vests and coats, maybe she's cold all the time because she probably only weighs 80 pounds.
    And she acutally pays a hair stylist to do her hair that way! She's wasting her money! Aw well, to each his (or her) own.

She just seems to be one of these people who are famous for doing nothing.

Her clients pay her thousands of dollars for her to "borrow" dresses to make them look fantastic at red carpet events.

These same clients pay her to make them look great at events they are paid to show-up at to ask for donations from us "poor schmucks". My opinion is wear something from your own closet, donate your time & pay for your own travel expenses. Then ask me to donate to your cause.

Now off my soapbox. Ms Zoe honestly looks like a antique kewpie doll that needs a ton of make-up to look decent. When I saw pieces of that fashion week episode, her make-up guy made to of put her foundation on with a spackle trowel; way too much.

I am curious as to her age. She looks much older than what I figure her actual age to be. IMHO she dresses way too young looking.

I looked up her age on Wikipedia and they have her b-day as Sept. 1, 1971, so she is 37. I don't know, I think that might be wrong. I saw an article in a fashion magazine maybe 6 months ago that ran a story about a 'celeb filled' b-day party her husband had for her and they said she was 39.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3215905;
    She just seems to be one of these people who are famous for doing nothing.
    It is SOMETHING that she does.

The way I look at it is that she is like a limo service for the rich. The rich ride in limos because they don't want to take the time (or lower themselves) to drive themselves.

Another way of looking at it might be that she is like a reference book top restaurants or hotels. Only the best goes in the book, but someone has to find out what those are.

A college professor told me once that there was almost too much information out there. It's hard for people to wade through it to find legitimtate information, valuable information, etc. Same thing here. There are so many options for people to choose from and wading through them all to find the best would take a ton of time.

Instead, they rely on Rachel to do it for them. She maintains an awareness of the latest styles and has relationships with top designers to ensure she is in the know and has access to the best options. Rachel then edits the list and presents the end results to her clients.

Having said all that, it does seem like a job that is not very meaningful. But, while it has its moments, most of what Hollywood does for the world isn't very meaningful. And, most of the jobs the rest of have aren't meaningful. (Now, a teacher, or a nurse? Those are meaningful jobs.)

And having said all THAT, it does seem excessive and offensive - esp. given the poverty in the world and the current state of the economy. That stars can afford someone like Rachel is the travesty. They don't deserve what they earn.

And having said all that again, I understand what she does and how it has value in the world she lives in. And I like the show.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-12-2008 at 01:49 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3216122;
    It is SOMETHING that she does.

The way I look at it is that she is like a limo service for the rich. The rich ride in limos because they don't want to take the time (or lower themselves) to drive themselves.

Another way of looking at it might be that she is like a reference book top restaurants or hotels. Only the best goes in the book, but someone has to find out what those are.

A college professor told me once that there was almost too much information out there. It's hard for people to wade through it to find legitimtate information, valuable information, etc. Same thing here. There are so many options for people to choose from and wading through them all to find the best would take a ton of time.

Instead, they rely on Rachel to do it for them. She maintains an awareness of the latest styles and has relationships with top designers to ensure she is in the know and has access to the best options. Rachel then edits the list and presents the end results to her clients.

Having said all that, it does seem like a job that is not very meaningful. But, while it has its moments, most of what Hollywood does for the world isn't very meaningful. And, most of the jobs the rest of have aren't meaningful. (Now, a teacher, or a nurse? Those are meaningful jobs.)

And having said all THAT, it does seem excessive and offensive - esp. given the poverty in the world and the current state of the economy. That stars can afford someone like Rachel is the travesty. They don't deserve what they earn.

And having said all that again, I understand what she does and how it has value in the world she lives in. And I like the show.
    Oh my gawd. I need a life.

I am of the opinion that every job is important. Think about how important it is just for a sanitary issue alone for someone to pick-up your garbage every week.

I just think this woman is pretensious(sp?). Besides it seems like Taylor & Brad do more of the actual work than she does.

Wasn't there a "rumor" about her supplying drugs to her clients so they stay thin?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast