+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

FORT Fogey

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

Naomi Campbell, inconsiderate??? No way!!!!! haha.

As much as I loathe Rachel's personality, I have to concede that she does a fantastic job in her styling of her clients. If only she could turn that talent on herself....

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;4041068;
    Rachel is treating Brad like such crap. It makes me sick to watch right now. In 24 hours he was supposed to get enough clothes for her despite there were TWO charity fashion shows going on. Also if this is Naomi's idea why is Rachel....Brad doing all the work?
    I agree! She is being very unreasonable and placing the blame on Brad...and he is the wrong person to be blaming! She only needs to blame herself for agreeing at the very last minute to do this job for Naomi. She should have said no....

FORT Fogey

But the manufacturered drama of not having enough looks got so boring. I left the room a few times only to come back to have the "oh what are we going to do?" drama continue. I can't see how getting the clothng was Rachel's job when there already was some collected when she came on board. ...so somebody else was working on it and apparently continued to do so...because PRESTO-CHANGO.....all went well.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4044680;
    But the manufacturered drama of not having enough looks got so boring. I left the room a few times only to come back to have the "oh what are we going to do?" drama continue. I can't see how getting the clothng was Rachel's job when there already was some collected when she came on board. ...so somebody else was working on it and apparently continued to do so...because PRESTO-CHANGO.....all went well.
    I agree that the same drama of not enough clothes is starting to get old. I think everything on this show is manufactured. Did you see the crowed of people who attended? It took way longer than 72 hours to put that show together. I also think there was a casting call put out for a new assistant and Brad was cast by a casting director for his humor and not his qualifications.

Quote Originally Posted by weizer2;4045627;
    ...I think everything on this show is manufactured...I also think there was a casting call put out for a new assistant and Brad was cast by a casting director for his humor and not his qualifications.

Oh, totally! But I don't care. It's Classic Premium Quality Mindless Entertainment in its purest and shallowest form.

It's bananas!

Rachel shuts my living room down.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by weizer2;4045627;
    I agree that the same drama of not enough clothes is starting to get old. I think everything on this show is manufactured. Did you see the crowed of people who attended? It took way longer than 72 hours to put that show together. I also think there was a casting call put out for a new assistant and Brad was cast by a casting director for his humor and not his qualifications.
    It definitely took longer than 72 hours to put on the show. Plans had been made before Feb. 4 (The quake happened in mid-January) when this announcement was made.

Naomi Campbell's Fashion For Relief(TM) - Haiti NYC, 2010: Superstars Walk the Runway to Help Save Lives of Mothers and Babies in Haiti

I really didn't understand Rachel's attitude toward getting more clothing. Clearly Brad was struggling, yet Rachel wouldn't step in to provide guidance to someone new to this type of responsibility. I thought it was really interesting that Naomi's basic attitude was "Okay, we have a problem, let me use my connections and call on designers to get more clothing." After that Rachel was "Okay I'll step in and make a few calls." I've enjoyed this show as a great bit of kitsch in the past, but am finding myself bored without the counterpoint of Taylor in the mix. Brad is too much of a boot licker with respect to Rachel.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I just realized how much more I'm enjoying the show this season without Taylor in it! Yes, she created lots of drama, but way too much negative energy for me!

Did anyone see the episode filmed in Milan with Kate Hudson and Julianne Moore? I'm not sure if it was a repeat or not. I loved it. The only bad thing is that it reflected just how vain and obsessed Rachel is with her "fashion." I truly think something has slipped and gone into this odd place with her. It's kinda sad. Her poor husband. It must be so frustrating. I think Kate Hudson wanted to shake her.

I watched the show half heartedly at my mom's house last weekend and one thing that really struck me that for all her seasons now she talks about dressing Demi or Cameron for the oscars and it's not like she says it once it's over and over again. To which I'm thinking does she have any more clients than the small handful we have seen? Not that I care but then I'm thinking for the life of me I can't figure out what Demi or Cameron did that was so great past year in the world of movies compared to other people that I'm assuming are also dressed by people who she doesn't name drop.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4053138;
    I watched the show half heartedly at my mom's house last weekend and one thing that really struck me that for all her seasons now she talks about dressing Demi or Cameron for the oscars and it's not like she says it once it's over and over again. To which I'm thinking does she have any more clients than the small handful we have seen? Not that I care but then I'm thinking for the life of me I can't figure out what Demi or Cameron did that was so great past year in the world of movies compared to other people that I'm assuming are also dressed by people who she doesn't name drop.

Yes, I wondering that too. How can she afford all of her overhead and travel by styling a couple of celebs. It doesn't make sense. Even if she charges a lot. If I were a client, such as Demi or Kate Hudson, I think I would tire of her sharing all of those details about my clothing. It's just tacky.

I read on another board that Rachel charges $6,000.00 per day. Still, if you only have a handful of clients, that's not really enough to live a high dollar lifestyle, plus pay all your staff. How many days per week would she work for these clients?

When Rachel ran into Julianne Moore at this social at the hotel in Milan, it was a little uncomfortable. Rachel asked her what she was wearing to the Oscars and she said she had almost decided. It was clear Rachel was NOT her stylist.

Honestly, with that show, I don't think I would be interested in becoming a client. LOL
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-01-2010 at 07:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread