+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

I think only Rodger and Taylor know what really happened. But there is definitely more than what's been said on the show.

- Somebody said that if the books looked wrong, it was probably Rachel's secret shopping trips. Wouldn't be surprised about that.

- I think Taylor is too professional to steal from her. Yeah, she has a bad attitude, but she's not a lame fashionista social butterfly like Rachel and Brad. She liked fashion just as much but she didn't have to say "I die" 100 times or go partying with Rachel like it's her job (Brad even said that part of his job was to accompany Rachel to parties and events). She did the stuff nobody else wanted to do and tried to keep the place moving but they never appreciated her for it.

- The fact that Taylor is given no time to defend herself is suspicious. When you don't let another other party speak you are either feeling threatened or have to really work the lie in. Either way it comes off phony.

- Taylor has already been presented with her own show offer, if anything I'd like to see how that goes down

- Heard that Rachel Zoe is trying to blacklist Taylor from salons, makeup artists, stores, etc. I didn't expect that from her. I personally don't think they will comply either. Maybe they will kiss up to her when she's around but "under the table" still work with Taylor. Money is money and RZ or Taylor are not the only stylists out there.

- About the above, wouldn't be surprised if Rodger is pulling the wool over Rachel's eyes and telling her all kinds of crap to incite this behavior from Rachel so that if the truth does come out, she won't believe it.

Rachel doesn't seem settled enough or happy enough to bring a child into her life. I hope she isn't pressured into getting pregnant when she isn't ready. I remember thinking Nicole Richi was too thin to get pregnant too, but look what happened. LOL

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4026415;
    I've only ever watched the show a few times, and I REALLY can't stand Rachel. She's disgustingly thin, she's not pleasant, she's not likable, she's not funny, and no one around her is either. How old is she? Because she looks OLD.
    Your reaction to Rachel is interesting, tears.and.rain, and I agree with you. The same, probably, could be said for Kelly Cutrone (except that Kelly isn't particularly thin), but she too is not pleasant, not easy to like, not funny, and looks old. And yet both women are very compelling to watch. I think the reason is, that it isn't so much about their own personalities or looks, but about their struggle to create and grow a hugely successful business in the extremely intense and competitive fashion industry. I am fascinated by their efforts and enjoy watching how they solve their problems and go about their daily lives.

By the way, yes, Rachel looks old, but she probably is, and what's wrong with that?

FORT Fogey

Actually, I don't enjoy watching her. I think Kelly Cutrone is different because she acts like a businesswoman. Rachel, to me, seems like she's still trying to be a part of that young, glamorous set.

I apologize, I realize now how insensitive my last post came off to her age. I think what bothers me about her looks is that she does nothing to complement her style. She's got all the heavy make up and the long, dead hair, the layers and layers of ill-fitting clothing and the huge sunglasses. All it does is make her look older. I'm really not a fan of this older woman dressing like young girls thing.

She looks older than her years due to being so gaunt, it ages you when you are too thin. I think she's only 37 or so, but she looks much older.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4029216;
    Actually, I don't enjoy watching her. I think Kelly Cutrone is different because she acts like a businesswoman. Rachel, to me, seems like she's still trying to be a part of that young, glamorous set.

I apologize, I realize now how insensitive my last post came off to her age. I think what bothers me about her looks is that she does nothing to complement her style. She's got all the heavy make up and the long, dead hair, the layers and layers of ill-fitting clothing and the huge sunglasses. All it does is make her look older. I'm really not a fan of this older woman dressing like young girls thing.
    I love Kelly Cutrone. There are a million Rachels here in Los Angeles who are part of the "business" so I don't find anything out of the ordinary. Quite common, in fact. I love the show and her passion even though she almost seems like a cartoon; but having a glance into the Hollywood fashion mill and how it works is fascinating to me.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4025035;
    I just saw the first episode of the new season. I was surprised that Rachel and her husband made so many insinuations about financial wrongdoing on Taylor's part and that Bravo focused on it with the editing, given that Taylor was never investigated or charged with any crime. Seems like there is more to the story and it would be interesting to hear Taylor's side.
    Am sure this first episode is the RESULT of past meetings with Taylor and investigations. Who knows -- Taylor could have admitted to wrongdoings -- we're certainly not going to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4026906;
    I think only Rodger and Taylor know what really happened. But there is definitely more than what's been said on the show.

- Somebody said that if the books looked wrong, it was probably Rachel's secret shopping trips. Wouldn't be surprised about that.

- I think Taylor is too professional to steal from her. Yeah, she has a bad attitude, but she's not a lame fashionista social butterfly like Rachel and Brad. She liked fashion just as much but she didn't have to say "I die" 100 times or go partying with Rachel like it's her job (Brad even said that part of his job was to accompany Rachel to parties and events). She did the stuff nobody else wanted to do and tried to keep the place moving but they never appreciated her for it.

- The fact that Taylor is given no time to defend herself is suspicious. When you don't let another other party speak you are either feeling threatened or have to really work the lie in. Either way it comes off phony.

- Taylor has already been presented with her own show offer, if anything I'd like to see how that goes down

- Heard that Rachel Zoe is trying to blacklist Taylor from salons, makeup artists, stores, etc. I didn't expect that from her. I personally don't think they will comply either. Maybe they will kiss up to her when she's around but "under the table" still work with Taylor. Money is money and RZ or Taylor are not the only stylists out there.

- About the above, wouldn't be surprised if Rodger is pulling the wool over Rachel's eyes and telling her all kinds of crap to incite this behavior from Rachel so that if the truth does come out, she won't believe it.
    They always played up the fact that Taylor wanted to leave so she could do her own thing.

Just found this: Taylor Jacobson Defends Herself Against Rachel Zoe's Accusations | The Frisky

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4030927;
    She looks older than her years due to being so gaunt, it ages you when you are too thin. I think she's only 37 or so, but she looks much older.
    SERIOUSLY????? She is only 37!!??!! WOW!!!! I have 15 years on her & I look younger but then again I do eat & I am naturally thin.

I think the crankyness comes from food deprivation & caffine overload. BANANAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4031238;
    They always played up the fact that Taylor wanted to leave so she could do her own thing.

Just found this: Taylor Jacobson Defends Herself Against Rachel Zoe's Accusations | The Frisky
    I'm all for hearing Taylor's side. There are two sides here and I wouldn't put it passed the producers to do all that Taylor bashing for ratings, however, if Taylor is so innocent as she says in that interview, then why isn't she outraged they are lying about her? All she needs to do is have an attorney send the show a cease and desist letter instructing them to cease trashing her reputation or she is going to sue them. I would if they were lying about my integrity. Why just lay down and take it? That strikes me as odd.

+ Reply to Thread