+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 198
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

  1. #31
    FORT Fan Gandolf 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    169

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3687013;
    I want to take a clippy and pull Taylor's bangs away from her face! It drives me crazy!
    Having been a hairdresser back in the day....I thought the same thing.
    Either that or split them differently so they don't keep hanging in her face. also, want to get in there and fix that awful haircolor.
    reguarding Rachel herself....She does seem somewhat thinner than before but still has those "chipmunk" cheeks and did anyone else notice that sometimes the lines by her mouth area are sometimes more noticeable than others or is it just me????
    I do like to watch and sometimes I think they hit it out of the park and other times I sit here and go HUH?????
    I guess I'm just an old fuddy dud(which I think by using that term automatically makes me one) but I like the vintage Chanel and YSL type clothes better than some of the newer things.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

  2. #32
    FORT Fanatic canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    519

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3218432;
    I doubt this show will have a season 2. It was kind of a big yawn.


    This IS season two -- and I love it.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,135

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    Did you see the selection of shoes , purses and jewelry in her house for the stars to chose among?? There had to be 100s of pairs of shoes and a wall of dresses.

    My word.. if she is given all that stuff for free, I am amazed

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,197

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    I like this show. I like Rachel. But when I saw all the fuss over a single dress for a single person, I was rather sickened.

    I get that all of this is important and that what a person wears (both in real life and in Hollywood) can make or break careers, but it's just so much money, time, and energy wasted on a person who - in the big scheme of things - is just a person, a healthy, wealthy person.

    I'd much rather see all this go into something that really matters.

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey tvaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cypress,California
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3690666;
    I like this show. I like Rachel. But when I saw all the fuss over a single dress for a single person, I was rather sickened.

    I get that all of this is important and that what a person wears (both in real life and in Hollywood) can make or break careers, but it's just so much money, time, and energy wasted on a person who - in the big scheme of things - is just a person, a healthy, wealthy person.

    I'd much rather see all this go into something that really matters.
    I agree but after reading your post ( knowing that I agreed with it) it made me think of something. Have you ever seen "The Devil Wears Prada"? Do you remember when Anne Hathaway chuckles to herself while Meryl Streep is picking out a belt for some dress. Meryl belittles Anne for thinking that it's not important what matters with fashion. The bottom line is that all of the things ,that the stylists do, filter down and create jobs for others. These silly award shows are also also is a bit of an escape ( for people who aren't rich and famous ). I've gotten tired of these shows and limit myself to the Oscars (hey, I'm a tvaholic, I can't give it all up). My 84 year old mother watches EVERY award show and LOVES to talk about the dresses the next day. I would rather watch a show where it was required that every celebrity had to dress themselves! Now that would be fun!

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,197

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3690874;
    I agree but after reading your post ( knowing that I agreed with it) it made me think of something. Have you ever seen "The Devil Wears Prada"? Do you remember when Anne Hathaway chuckles to herself while Meryl Streep is picking out a belt for some dress. Meryl belittles Anne for thinking that it's not important what matters with fashion. The bottom line is that all of the things ,that the stylists do, filter down and create jobs for others. These silly award shows are also also is a bit of an escape ( for people who aren't rich and famous ). I've gotten tired of these shows and limit myself to the Oscars (hey, I'm a tvaholic, I can't give it all up). My 84 year old mother watches EVERY award show and LOVES to talk about the dresses the next day. I would rather watch a show where it was required that every celebrity had to dress themselves! Now that would be fun!

    I get this too. And, I have to remind myself that the majority of the jobs in the world really don't provide much good to the world other than keeping people employed. Rachel's is just one of a kazillion.

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    I heard that Taylor Jacobson (after 4 years) has left Rachel Zoe to style on her own. Anyways, the parting was amicable.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,174

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    Quote Originally Posted by watts;3745079;
    I heard that Taylor Jacobson (after 4 years) has left Rachel Zoe to style on her own. Anyways, the parting was amicable.
    I think this is a win-win for both Rachel and Taylor. Taylor seemed to be a very talented stylist and an extremely hard worker. But her personality was soooooo difficult, that not only was she painful to watch, but she must have been h*ll to work with. There are many, many talented people in the LA area, and I'm sure Rachel will not have much trouble finding someone who is as good as Taylor --- and the bonus for Rachel is that she will hopefully, have someone pleasant and less stressful to work with. Rachel was actually clinically suffering from the results of her high level of stress, so having Taylor leave was the best thing for her health and peace of mind. (I wish them both good luck, and a warning to Taylor that she'd do well to work on her people skills!)

    By the way, I also think that Rachel making Rodger an official part of the business (particularly in having him manage the business/financial aspect of the business) will be a good thing for both Rachel and Rodger. Rodger, who appears to be extremely capable and savvy, will not only be able to take a big portion of the stress off of Rachel, but it will allow him to have what he seems to want to have -- much more time with her and more involvement in the business. I hope it's good for their marriage, cause they seem to really love and depend on each other -- I wish their relationship good luck too, because they seem to be a very loving couple.

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,135

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    I missed the last show where it was intimated that Taylor was leaving. I do agree that Taylor is talented but she seems to totally be lacking in personality. There are lots of stylists in Hollywood, but RZ seems to have reached the top of the profession. I am not sure Taylor has the people skills to work on her own

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,174

    Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3745192;
    I missed the last show where it was intimated that Taylor was leaving. I do agree that Taylor is talented but she seems to totally be lacking in personality. There are lots of stylists in Hollywood, but RZ seems to have reached the top of the profession. I am not sure Taylor has the people skills to work on her own
    That's part of what is so interesting. On the last show, Rachel had, at last, given Taylor the position that she wanted. Although Taylor had complained and threatened to leave, ad nauseum, Rachel had, until then, pretty much ignored it --- but Rachel was under such severe stress, that she pretty much had to delegate some of the major responsibilities -- and who better to, than Taylor and Rodger. So, as of the last show, it seemed like a happy ending. This news that Taylor is leaving (or has already left) is a new development that apparently occurred after the show stopped taping.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.