+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

FORT Fogey

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3218624;
    I watched it too..Anything about fashion will get my eye. The great thing about BRAVO is that you just have to wait a couple of days and anything you missed will be shown again

She is tiny and I do agree that she dresses with too many layers herself...but she certainly can put together a look for her clients.

I missed the last episode. All I saw was Taylor telling Rachel that it was Brad or her.

Did that get resolved or will that open the door to another season??

OH BTW, I saw her in the audience at PR last night.

I think she should take charge of the Leeanne makeover.
    Both are young and learning, and they made up in the end. One big happy family according to Rachel.

I think this was the season finale, and I haven't heard if it will be back. I hope it is but honestly, what I think I'm liking most about the whole thing is watching Taylor and Brad evolve as people and coworkers. They both have talents - Taylor should be in an office barking orders. Brad should be creative director. And then they need a bunch of younger people to be their interns.

Despite my earlier comments, I hope there's another season. But they will need to get beyond the repetitive "Taylor or Brad is quitting but then comes back" dramas. Been there, done that.

I want to know more about the hints that Rachel's husband was dropping about how much she's in debt. There's season 2 right there.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Assuming what we see on TV is an accurate reflection of real live in the Zoe Camp, I have to say Kudos!

I respect anyone who has a dream and works hard at making it materialze. That is Rachel.

I also absolutely love the way Rachel works with her assistants. She has obviously hired great people, she doesn't micromanage them, she treats them as team members - not as slaves, she is direct but not nasty, and she never explodes. She has created a true "team" environment where everyone feels empowered to do a great job. This has resulted in tremendous loyalty to Rachel which is admirable. I think her next book should be about the business side of her career, and it should have a section about managing people.

Reg. Taylor....I recall a very successful businesswoman saying that if she could have done one thing differently, it would have been to learn to socialize better and not be so intent on getting things 100% right. She went on to say that women are reared to believe they will be rewarded by a "job well done" and so they strive for perfection in a way men don't. Men are coddled and seem fine with doing things 80% right and then hitting the golf course. They function via relationships and handshakes rather than performance alone.

What we see is Taylor trying to do the job 100% but not socializing well. She may do the job impeccably, but she's not enjoyable to be around.

Brad, on the other hand, is very social and charming but he only puts in 80%.

I think Taylor is getting a bad rap because all she is trying to do is get the job done. Still, she needs to learn the value of "getting along". If she could do that, she'd be awesome because she would deliver the best of both worlds. And the same for Brad. He does need to be more proctive and work harder.

I also think everyone is getting down on Taylor for not telling Brad things, but Brad could ask better questions. It's a two-way street.

And, when Brad implied that Taylor should have shown him sympathy when he was crying was incredibly passive aggressive. He screwed up; he should be in the hot seat - not Taylor.

I think all the characters on the show are great. I hope there is a second season. I would love to see how Rachel's brand evolves and how Brad's and Taylor's skills are used in new ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3219763;

Reg. Taylor....I recall a very successful businesswoman saying that if she could have done one thing differently, it would have been to learn to socialize better and not be so intent on getting things 100% right. She went on to say that women are reared to believe they will be rewarded by a "job well done" and so they strive for perfection in a way men don't. Men are coddled and seem fine with doing things 80% right and then hitting the golf course. They function via relationships and handshakes rather than performance alone.

What we see is Taylor trying to do the job 100% but not socializing well. She may do the job impeccably, but she's not enjoyable to be around.

Brad, on the other hand, is very social and charming but he only puts in 80%.

I think Taylor is getting a bad rap because all she is trying to do is get the job done. Still, she needs to learn the value of "getting along". If she could do that, she'd be awesome because she would deliver the best of both worlds. And the same for Brad. He does need to be more proctive and work harder.

I also think everyone is getting down on Taylor for not telling Brad things, but Brad could ask better questions. It's a two-way street.

And, when Brad implied that Taylor should have shown him sympathy when he was crying was incredibly passive aggressive. He screwed up; he should be in the hot seat - not Taylor.
    I agree about Taylor getting a bad rap. Even though she perhaps could have been nicer in saying it, she was absolutely right that some things can be taught by observation. If I had seen a kit that had all the stuff in separate baggies then noone would need to tell me to do it. I would just know that's how it's done. The question would then be "where do I find the plastic bags."

Brad knew he wasn't doing the right thing by just driving away. He said he didn't feel right. Ok, if there are doubts that's when he should have been calling someone to find out to make sure that what he was doing was ok.

I agree about Brad being passive agressive. You could see that his tears were going to work on Rachel. It was like he flipped a switch and then she fell for it.

Again, Taylor could have been kinder, but she wasn't wrong in her assessment of how things are. She needs to mature a little into being more compassionate, but as I have little time for stupidity I can understand where she's coming from. I used to have very little patience and I'm growing into it! At 40 it's probably time and hopefully Taylor will get it before I did. It's obvious she does a great job for Rachel and that Rachel trusts her to do the job when Rachel isn't around. A good work ethic isn't always easy to find these days and I'm happy to see her with one.

FORT Fogey

JustCoz, Good to know I'm not alone on this.

Another season is coming:
    BRAVO BRINGS BACK THE DRAMA RENEWING FOUR HIT DOCU-SERIES

Network Announces New Seasons of "Flipping Out," "The Rachel Zoe Project," "Million Dollar Listing" and "Tabatha's Salon Takeover"

NEW YORK - December 8, 2008: Bravo announced the renewal of four of the network's most popular docu-series, "Flipping Out," "The Rachel Zoe Project," "Million Dollar Listing" and "Tabatha's Salon Takeover." The hit series have delivered record-breaking ratings success for the network, each delivering one or more telecasts that hit or exceeded the million total viewer mark in 2008.

"Bringing these compelling personalities back was a no-brainer," said Frances Berwick, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Bravo. "Our audience has grown an affection for each of these larger-than-life, talented characters and wants to see more of their lives and careers."

THE RACHEL ZOE PROJECT (Season 2)

Rachel Zoe has established herself as the go-to force among "It" starlets, fashion houses, beauty firms and magazine editors. The second installment of this fashion-forward drama delves further into the inner workings of Hollywood's hottest celebrity stylist. With her loyal, though occasionally unmanageable team at her side, Rachel Zoe jets from coast to coast, juggling award season, fashion shows, and personal fittings with A-list stars. Last season, the show's popularity grew week over week, with the season finale delivering a series high across all demos with 752,000 adults 18-49 and 1.060 million total viewers. "The Rachel Zoe Project" is produced by Original Media for Bravo. Charlie Corwin, Jamie Patricof and Rachel Zoe are executive producers.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

I think Rachel probably looks a lot different w/out all her makeup & hair extensions, she's always coated in makeup, her face is strange cause there are all these lines around her mouth, and the jowls on her. There is something going on w/ her face where she needs a makeup artist all the time. When she guest judged on PR, Laura Bennett made a remark about how she had the hair/makeup guy attending to her constantly (as if her face would disolve w/out the constant attention of a makeup artist). As far as credentials go, I don't know what Rachel's are, other than loving clothes (and most women do), what makes Rachel exceptional? She knows how to attend Fashion Week, pick out tame looking elegant dresses that most fashion critics will respond well to, and she knows how to ask the designers for free clothes for her clients. My question is, why does she always act like she's got a stressful job? Yeah, if you wait until the month of the Oscars to get everything planned out, you're gonna be busy; but can't they work w/ the designers to bang-out some Oscar worthy dresses before Fashion Week? Given the ammount of exposure a designer would get from having their dress worn by a A lister and/or nominee would be well worth the trouble of whipping up some never before seen dresses for Zoe to pick from. I get the vibe that team Zoe spends 90% of the year not doing much (and definitely not as busy as they make it out to be on TV).

They really can't work with the designers to have dresses prior to fashion week. The designers design for fashion week and lets face it the designers she's using don't really need more exposure. They are well known. She is at their whim basically.

I want to take a clippy and pull Taylor's bangs away from her face! It drives me crazy!

FORT Fogey

Taylor and Brad remain my favorites with Rachel a close 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread