+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

FORT Fogey

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3216185;
    I am of the opinion that every job is important. Think about how important it is just for a sanitary issue alone for someone to pick-up your garbage every week.

I just think this woman is pretensious(sp?). Besides it seems like Taylor & Brad do more of the actual work than she does.

Wasn't there a "rumor" about her supplying drugs to her clients so they stay thin?
    I agree that all jobs are important. But when it comes to the betterment of humankind, there are some that are more meaningful than others. Rachel's would not be one of them IMHO.

If you think all jobs are important, then you must think Rachel's is.

And that is fine. Minimally, they all keep what's left of our economy churning.

I like the concept of the show, but I do not like Zoe or her assistants. I don't think she has an interesting personality, her female assistant is unneccarily mean and the male whiny.

I like all things fashion, but I think a more interesting person could have been chosen; Robert Verdi perhaps...although I prefer a woman because although women's clothes propels the industry, I still think women lag in the power department.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3216724;
    ...although I prefer a woman because although women's clothes propels the industry, I still think women lag in the power department.
    Isn't it amazing that so many of the top designers of women's clothes are men? It is a travesty.

Women are still 2nd class citizens to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3216185;
    I am of the opinion that every job is important. Think about how important it is just for a sanitary issue alone for someone to pick-up your garbage every week.
    Sometimes I think a reality show about garbagemen would be more interesting and fulfilling than a show about Rachel Zoe. And then sometimes I've had a long, hard day, and I want to get lost in someone else's world. Even if it ends up being a shallow and irrelevant one.

Welcome to America.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3217058;
    Sometimes I think a reality show about garbagemen would be more interesting and fulfilling than a show about Rachel Zoe.
    I like Rachel's show, and I like her. But me thinks you may be on to something. I, for one, would watch a show about Hollywood garbage men. I can picture it now....talk about Hollywood dirt (pardon the pun)!

I wonder if people who service the famous have to sign some sort of confidentiality agreement, even public works types.

...another thing. I notice that she is always made up. Even when she's in her robe and she and Rodger (husband) are lying on the bed, she has on a ton of makeup. Even the GND, Kimora Lee Simmons and Kathy Griffin all go bare face on and off during their shows.

Plus, she never eats. Coffee and tea and water. When she's visiting Marc Jacobs, whose eating a full, healthy meal (I bet he offered her some) it seems so weird that she just sits there at the table chatting away, with a bottle of water only, while he's enjoying his meal.

Issues.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

There are so many things that I dislike about this show. Why she needs to wear that stupid fur vest (all of the time) is beyond me. I'm surprised that some of the celebs would even work with someone that is so into fur. I hate it when people wear sunglasses indoors but inside her own home, while eating....oh come on. Rachel and her assistant both need to do something about their own hair. Rachel's is so ratty that she looks like something the cat coughed up. The assistant's looks like she does the bleach job herself. I don't really get how this is such a successful business. Is she really one of the best stylists and what exactly qualifies her to be in this line of work?

I doubt this show will have a season 2. It was kind of a big yawn.

FORT Fogey

I'm a lone cowboy on this, but I really enjoy the show. I like all of the characters, Brad, Taylor, Rachel, and Rodger. I hope it comes back.

Although small bites are good, i.e. once or twice a year.

FORT Fogey

I watched it too..Anything about fashion will get my eye. The great thing about BRAVO is that you just have to wait a couple of days and anything you missed will be shown again

She is tiny and I do agree that she dresses with too many layers herself...but she certainly can put together a look for her clients.

I missed the last episode. All I saw was Taylor telling Rachel that it was Brad or her.

Did that get resolved or will that open the door to another season??

OH BTW, I saw her in the audience at PR last night.

I think she should take charge of the Leeanne makeover.

+ Reply to Thread