+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    As someone who never pays attention to fashion designers, I can see now why people would swoon over Oscar de la Renta. Those dresses were breathtaking works of art. That said, I think Rachel's "I'm going to have a nervous breakdown" schtick is getting old. Take some Xanax and calm the freak down. I don't know if I can watch a whole season of her stressing. And if anybody still doubts that Southern Californians have, like, maj accents, watch this show.
    Rachel sounds so bored! She never changes the inflection in her voice! And her husband is just as annoying. "Oh my Gawwwwwwd...."
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I agree that her voice can be annoying. That is probably my biggest complaint. I have discovered that it seems to be a habit with her and that it is all wrapped up with her stressing out. Apparently, she is super insecure. It's not becoming to her at all. I fear it will transfer to her kid and make him a bundle of nerves, cant' stand to be in his own skin too. That's how she seems to me.

Rodger is annoying too, but he must be a miracle worker to turn that bundle of a hot mess into a succesful business. I don't get it.

Still, I like to watch the show. I'm not sure why.

With all her stress level and no time to even pee, she decides to venture into opening her own hair salon! I don't get it. I guess that was done to add more drama for the sake of the tv show.

FORT Fan

For someone who is a successful stylist, I cannot for the life of me figure out why her designs are so lackluster. She is all about the maxi skirt and I don't see them anywhere except on her. If you're the only one wearing it, it's not happening as a fashion trend. While looking at her line, the only items I would have worn were the green leather shorts and the shorter white sequined dress. The long blue, sheer maxi-dress was bleccchhh. And yes, consistently being on the verge of a nervous breakdown is getting old. Give me Brad Goreski any day! He is positive and a breath of fresh air.

I was never aware that Californians had any type of accents; with Rachel it seems different. She speaks like nobody I have ever heard. I don't know what's up with that, she's far too old to be trying to sound cool or hip. Do you suppose she and the younger people who work for her talk like this because of the industry they're in? I mean in that area of the country particularly, not NY or anyplace else. I mention the other cast members even though Rachel doesn't sound exactly like them. Oh yeah, if I hear "bananas" one more time, I may scream.

Personally I found most of her designs were awful. Sorry but I am not going to wear a huge fur hat on top of my head. A short sleeved fur jacket to wear when? What part of no one under 6' can wear a maxi? I am 5' 100 pounds & could never wear one. I would have to cut 1/2 the thing off or else drap my dress along the ground. What part of professional women can not possibly wear a sheer dres or a sequined dress to work do you not understand?
    I honestly do not know what age demographics she is focused on. It is too old for the younger crowd & too young for the 50 to dead group.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

If you want to see some maxi dresses check out Kyle on House Wives of Beverly Hills. I think she got RAchel's memo, because she wears them quite a bit and she's rather short too. I do think it's an acquired taste and not practical for most women who aren't on a red carpet event. I think Rachel thought that for some reason she could make them popular. It looks like the buys aren't going to go for it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I remember when maxi skirts and dresses were extremely popular in the 70s. I loved them, and agree with Rachel that they're so flattering and easy to wear. They cover all your flaws!!!! I don't know why they haven't caught on again in recent times, but they probably will, at some point. Also, as a side note, I think that it's one of the attributes of a true "designer" and "fashionista" to START trends. So I kind of agree with what Rachel's trying to do. She's trying to get women to embrace her vision of maxi skirts and dresses. I say good for her, and I'm glad she's trying. 'Trying' to do something is important, especially if you believe in it as much as she seems to.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I remember when maxi skirts and dresses were extremely popular in the 70s. I loved them, and agree with Rachel that they're so flattering and easy to wear. They cover all your flaws!!!! I don't know why they haven't caught on again in recent times, but they probably will, at some point. Also, as a side note, I think that it's one of the attributes of a true "designer" and "fashionista" to START trends. So I kind of agree with what Rachel's trying to do. She's trying to get women to embrace her vision of maxi skirts and dresses. I say good for her, and I'm glad she's trying. 'Trying' to do something is important, especially if you believe in it as much as she seems to.
    I agree with you about the maxi dresses; I remember them too. Seems like they'd make a comeback since almost everything else has. I mean, aren't designers supposed to come up with things that aren't already out there? So yeah, I don't blame Rachel at all for trying.

On the other hand, I caught part of an episode of the new season today, and her hubby looks awful if you ask me. That hairdo and the beard are just too much. I liked him better the other way, although his hairdo wasn't great then either. Of course I guess it only matters whether he and Rachel like it.

That little boy of theirs has grown fast! He's a toddler now. I was sort of turned off by him running around in her business making noise and being a pain, though. If i worked for her, I couldn't concentrate on my work with that child there. I wonder if she hauls him around to jobs with her all of the time? Not everybody is crazy over kids so it doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

I have being see more and more Maxi skirts since last week! Maybe Rachel did start a trend. lol I've seen more of them in some sales catalogs my mom has too. I recall wearing some in the 70's. lol

I did rewatch part of the episode where Rachel and Rodger hug Brad's partner, but snub him. I don't think I have ever seen anything more ridiculous. If Brad had done something horrible, like kill her dog or something I could see the grudge, but please. He moved on to better things, and she and Rodger can't get over it. She's a silly little person. Who does she think this attitude is impressing? I bet her clients think it's petty too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find this woman just about intolerable. The whininess of her voice is annoying. That nasal droning has got to go!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread