+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

I agreed with everything you said Debb. And did you guys notice when Rachel and Rodger 'ran into' Andy and Brad at one of the runway shows, and they both embraced Andy but totally ignored Brad. I felt so sad for Brad. (And that would've been the perfect time for Rachel to at least open the door a little for some civility between them.)

Rachel's hair DOES look much more flattering with her new bangs. For someone who gets her hair done practically every day, it always looks so awful. By the way, I couldn't believe that on the very day of her own fashion show debut, she was not only running around to OTHER shows, but seemed more concerned about her bangs than her own fashion designs. Her designs, by the way, I thought were only 'meh' --- I was really disappointed in them. Rachel is such a FABULOUS stylist that I really expected her fashion designs to be WOWZA! Her show was totally UNDERwhelming!

But WOWZA to little Skyler!!! Isn't he the cutest little boy EVER????? What a little doll!!!

And Jeramiah --- I'm so sorry he's not on the show anymore. But I have a feeling he's found the perfect 'fit' --- both literally and figuratively. He's now together with Nate Berkus, and to me, the two of them are a match made in heaven. I wonder if they'll go into business together --- both being in the home design biz. I'm so happy for them both! And I'm also so happy for Brad and Gary --- who looked so happy together in the new episode of Brad's show. Brad's business seems to have really taken off too, and I'm so happy about that too. Good for him --- although I do have to say, he's got Rachel to thank for much of his hard-learned skills in being a stylist on his own. She certainly does teach her underlings well (i.e.Taylor and Brad). Options, options, options!!!! And to bring EVERYTHING you could POSSIBLY need to every fitting!!!

As someone who never pays attention to fashion designers, I can see now why people would swoon over Oscar de la Renta. Those dresses were breathtaking works of art. That said, I think Rachel's "I'm going to have a nervous breakdown" schtick is getting old. Take some Xanax and calm the freak down. I don't know if I can watch a whole season of her stressing. And if anybody still doubts that Southern Californians have, like, maj accents, watch this show.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    As someone who never pays attention to fashion designers, I can see now why people would swoon over Oscar de la Renta. Those dresses were breathtaking works of art. That said, I think Rachel's "I'm going to have a nervous breakdown" schtick is getting old. Take some Xanax and calm the freak down. I don't know if I can watch a whole season of her stressing. And if anybody still doubts that Southern Californians have, like, maj accents, watch this show.
    lol. i have thought the same thing many times! can't think of anybody else who seems to be endlessly on the verge of of a conniption.

What I dislike about the so called "Californian" accent is that it's so fake. There is nothing natural about it. I think we have seen enough people who were born and raised in LA who do not speak that way.(Kim and Kyle Richards, Carnie and Wendy Wilson, and others.) It's the pretenders who don the accent. Rachel was born in NY City, grew up in New Jersey and attended college in DC. So, her verbal skills strike me as very FAKE. IMO. I would respect her a lot more if she didn't use that extreme fake talk.

I didn't notice they ran into Brad. Which show was it?

Sky is adorable. I hope he doesn't pick up a lot of things from his mom.

I was underwhelmed by RAchel's designs too. What's up?

Here's the article that Rodger and RAchel were referring to on their show last week.

Label’s doing not Zoe well - NYPOST.com

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What I dislike about the so called "Californian" accent is that it's so fake.
    Mantanna has the accent too, along with the vocal fry.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I didn't notice they ran into Brad. Which show was it?
    It was in this very last episode --- but I don't remember which designer's show it was. Andy and Brad were walking together, when Rachel and Rodger 'ran into' them. Rachel and Rodger both embraced Andy warmly, but they both totally ignored Brad. When Brad was on WWHL a couple of weeks ago Andy asked him about it --- and Brad was such a gentleman that he totally refrained from saying anything negative about Rachel. (He also refused to say anything negative about the Anne Hathaway dress problems --- he only said that he enjoyed being Rachel's assistant and that his door was always open, if Rachel decided to contact him.)
    Debb70 likes this.

Yes, I saw Brad on with Andy and how Brad took the high road. Rachel's former assistant Taylor also has a tv show on Oxygen, though, I haven't seen it.

It appears Rachel does have an eye for talent, but she just can't keep it. Maybe she should hire less qualified employees. LOL Just kidding. I have had employees move on to other offers and I always wish them well and give them a send off luncheon with a nice gift. You have to send out good karma, IMO.

I wonder if they will actually air the Hathaway disaster. Normally, they air the Oscars right? That's the big drama on Rachel's show. This year's is going to be a total freak out. I really wonder if Rachel begged Anne to not wear that dress last minute. From what I read, Anne was set in another great gown, but she ditched because a co-star was wearing a similar one. Isn't that Rachel's job to know far in advance? I wonder what happened.

I really like maj tried to like totally tried to like really like watch this fab like show like last night. I totally like made it like 20 minutes until I lost like way too many maj brain cells.
    Totally deleted my dvr from any furture recordings. The syntax used on this show fried what little brain cells I have left.
    Kocky_Kamikaze, candor and Debb70 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I really like maj tried to like totally tried to like really like watch this fab like show like last night. I totally like made it like 20 minutes until I lost like way too many maj brain cells.
    Totally deleted my dvr from any furture recordings. The syntax used on this show fried what little brain cells I have left.
    I had a similar experience with her show. It's rather excruciating to listen to a woman in her mid 40s talk like an airheaded teenager. And what's even worse it sounds like she's trying to coin words and phrases ("it's bananas" and "maj"), like, well, an airheaded teenager. I guess she thinks it's cute or desperately sees it as a way to brand herself. Sheesh!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread