+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

I will be interested to see how Rachel responds to motherhood in the long run. I was glad to see her posing holding her baby bump finally, but before that she was walking around all ashamed of her tummy. She bragged about how high her heels were even though she was 9 months pregnant. Doctors tell you not to wear high heels when you are pregnant for a reason. I guess she wasn't concened with losing her balance, twisting an ankle or falling on the baby. IMO she really appeared to be very selfish and unconcerned with the baby. She was downright hostile when discussing her birthing method with the dula, (sp?)

I hope she has changed and is enjoying devoting her time to parenting. It was a big gamble for Rodger to take IMO. What if she decides that fashion is more fullfilling to her? I'm sure Rodger will step in and do what is necessary.

Another thing that always confused me is Rachel's accent. Why does she talk that way? Her sister doensn't. She clearly didn't grow up with it. IT's just so fakey. It makes her sound so silly. I hope she will drop it as she speaks as a role model for her son.

Congratulations on the baby. This season has been good to watch (addition of good energy with subtraction of bad energy.). No there does not have to be drama to attract viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I will be interested to see how Rachel responds to motherhood in the long run. I was glad to see her posing holding her baby bump finally, but before that she was walking around all ashamed of her tummy. She bragged about how high her heels were even though she was 9 months pregnant. Doctors tell you not to wear high heels when you are pregnant for a reason. I guess she wasn't concened with losing her balance, twisting an ankle or falling on the baby. IMO she really appeared to be very selfish and unconcerned with the baby. She was downright hostile when discussing her birthing method with the dula, (sp?)

I hope she has changed and is enjoying devoting her time to parenting. It was a big gamble for Rodger to take IMO. What if she decides that fashion is more fullfilling to her? I'm sure Rodger will step in and do what is necessary.

Another thing that always confused me is Rachel's accent. Why does she talk that way? Her sister doensn't. She clearly didn't grow up with it. IT's just so fakey. It makes her sound so silly. I hope she will drop it as she speaks as a role model for her son.

She sounds like a pretentious 40 year old valley girl wanna be -

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought the whole thing with Jeremiah was odd too. They have nothing for him to do? Well, that's funny. At the same time, Rachel told him he had 2 weeks to decorate and furnish her house, she also said that he would have to help with some other jobs too, because they were short! I replayed that part twice. So which is it? Are they short and need help or is there nothing for him to do? It really ticked me off at Rach and her hubby. I hope Jeremiah finds a new spot he will be happy and successful WITHOUT the ZOE name.
    I actually have a little bit of a different take on this. Rachel has just been through a falling out with Taylor and Brad. Taylor got antsy in part due to the delay in getting Rachel's merchandising division started. I also think Brad played Rachel like a fiddle and managed to create (enhance?) a rift with Taylor to advance himself. Once Brad got what he wanted with exposure and experience, he parted ways with Rachel and began his own styling firm. Jeremiah is also very ambitious and wants to create a home styling division with Rachel Zoe, Inc. As talented as he is, this is premature at this stage in his employment at RZ,Inc. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some discomfort with Jeremiah with his agenda (not RZs agenda at this time) given the Taylor and Brad situations. I do think that Rachel needs to realize that she has sufficient power and prestige to attract ambitious people who will leave once they get the experience, and factor that into relationship with them. I.e. wish them well and try to develop collaborative long-run relationships with them (does that exist in the styling world??) Right now she seems to what to surround herself with people uniquely loyal to her.

Well, it looks like Rachel and Rodger had another change of heart and have welcomed Jeremiah back. He's pretty forgiving. I'm not sure I would trust those two without a contract. Which is what Rachel should consult an attorney about. She should look into a nonCompeting contract that would protect her from what happened before.

I was so happy she was loving and caring for the baby. I thought it was a good thing that she has a nanny that she can hand the baby to when she's handling business or eating her dinner. I'm glad she showed it. When you have a lot on your plate, I think it's fine to have that help. Bethenny was criticized for it for some reason on her show, but I say go for it, if you can afford it. As long as you put the baby first, it's understandable when you have to return to work. I'm still hoping she keeps her priorties straight.

Their baby, Skylar sp.? is very precious. He's a good natured kid.

I do hope Rachel drops the fake accent. It would make her seem so much more real, IMO.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I wanted to make a comment about the Taylors and Brads of the world --- not just the fashion world but probably across the board in all areas. 'Moving on' is to be expected, perhaps even encouraged. I don't consider this to be a betrayal (except in certain individual situations -- of course). But in general, bright, talented, creative, intelligent people have to start somewhere (usually at the bottom), and they usually work their way up the ladder, learning and developing their own style and talents as they do so. This is how the world moves forward. The question, or problem, is how do you handle that in the early stages? It's a real quandry because if you apply for a job and say "I'll only stay here until I reach a certain level" -- the chances are you won't get the job. But how do you ever reach that certain level unless/until you get the job?

And looking at the situation from the vantage point of the company owner (i.e. Rachel Zoe for example) perhaps, you have to be fully prepared for your valued employees to leave you and go out on their own -- UNLESS you're willing to to give them the incentive to stay with you as a part of the company --- for example an 'ownership interest' in the company so that they can fulfill their own dreams and at the same time, not betray or desert you.

I don't have the definitive answer, I'm really just maing an observation.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 10-30-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I wanted to make a comment about the Taylors and Brads of the world --- not just the fashion world but probably across the board in all areas. 'Moving on' is to be expected, perhaps even encouraged. I don't consider this to be a betrayal (except in certain individual situations -- of course). But in general, bright, talented, creative, intelligent people have to start somewhere (usually at the bottom), and they usually work their way up the ladder, learning and developing their own style and talents as they do so. This is how the world moves forward. The question, or problem, is how do you handle that in the early stages? It's a real quandry because if you apply for a job and say "I'll only stay here until I reach a certain level" -- the chances are you won't get the job. But how do you ever reach that certain level unless/until you get the job?

And looking at the situation from the vantage point of the company owner (i.e. Rachel Zoe for example) perhaps, you have to be fully prepared for your valued employees to leave you and go out on their own -- UNLESS you're willing to to give them the incentive to stay with you as a part of the company --- for example an 'ownership interest' in the company so that they can fulfill their own dreams and at the same time, not betray or desert you.

I don't have the definitive answer, I'm really just maing an observation.
    I agree with this. While to some degree I think some more tact could have been used by the departing employees this is what these dead end, bottom rung jobs are to many people. They are simply a stepping stone to something more. I've taken many of these dead end jobs in order to gain access to where I want to be and view them as little more than stepping stones. If a company doesn't offer a way to move up or somewhere to move up to with increased responsibility and/or pay or something then there's really no need to stick around when the next best offer comes around. What I see in Rachel's case is she has a very hard time giving up responsibility to the people under or around her so if these people stick around they will be relegated to her dirty work for the rest of their working lives if they stay there. What surprises me is when people liek Rachel are surprised then when their jobs are used as stepping stones.

Just getting on the Zoe train. Like the posts.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I could not start a thread for a Brad Brad World. I think they were trying to do a created show like Chris march. Chris creates from zero. I am not crazy about his tastes; but I like to see the costume he comes up with.

I see brad as an assistant (who could use a stylist). On Andy s couple of weeks ago, he was showing a ridiculous amount of skinny ankle. I do not feel he is creating a business. I think he struggles like anyone else in LA, and is a person like everyone else. But I do not feel that he could make me look better. I feel like Rachel has that questing eye and vision. I think brad's vision is to somehow be famous.
    You can do it!

The new season premired last night. I love Rachel's hair. She's lost the accent a bit, but still annoys me at times. Her husband could use a haircut, shave and shower. He looks gross and he used to be so attractive.

Jermiah is gone again. They didn't say why. I'm not so sure I would trust Rachel and her husband in business. She's still ticked off and not speaking to Brad, who left her employment. Boy, she holds a grudge. Did you catch Brad on with Andy last night? Brad says RAchel is still not speaking to him. His door is open. Hmmmmm......Brad refused to comment on the Anne Hathaway fiasco. Poor Rachel. Brad's a better friend to her than she thinks.

It seems Rachel's line got some negative press in NY right before her fashion show. They are worried and say it isn't true.
    I'm not sure what I thought of Rachel's line. I think I expected more, but what do I know. I do know that I LOVED the Oscar De La Renta show!!!!!!!!!! She's right. That was awesome!

The bones in Rachel's arms were so prominent that it looked skeleton like. It was like a starving person's arms. I guess there is still a cause to worry for her.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread