+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

I think that scene with Rachel refusing to take a blood test was totally staged. It had such a false ring to it. I think the producers needed a season ending and decided to manufacture this. Weak!

I was almost wondering if the reason she did not want a blood test is because maybe she takes some kind of drugs to take away her appetite and give her energy...that, along with a blood test would show how unhealthy she really is. She definitely seemed like she was hiding something. Why not do the blood test then and there instead of saying she'll come back next week? Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4067362;
    I think Rachel's health, and her skinnyness, and her "fears" about being pregnant, and her other perceived concerns are just covering up the REAL reason she doesn't want to take the time to have a baby. TIME. She doesn't have time. Yes, she'd love to be a mom if it didn't take all the time that it doesl Rachel is fiercely in love with her career, and the way that she conducts her career is ALL CONSUMING. And she loves it madly. She's said it herself a bunch of time. It's her first choice and nothing comes close, not Rodger, not a baby, not a family --- not even close. You can't blame her, of course, for loving fashion so much. She just does. But it's a shame that she can't find a way to make some time for the other people (and unborn people) because she'd love that too --- just not as much.

I can't help but compare her to Kimora Lee Simmons -- another fashion maven on reality tv. Kimora is also a fashion super-success and madly in love with her business BUT for Kimora, her kids come first, no matter what. She is passionate about those kids and features them into every project, every episode, and every aspect of her life. Interestingly, Kimora seems to get it all done (and she's got 3 kids, not just 1), but she has a huge staff as compared to Rachel's very small staff.

Another super successful hard working mom in the reality tv - fashion biz is Kelly Cutrone (a single mom with 1 child) who also manages to get everything done, but I notice that her daughter is usually in the care of her nanny, with mom Kelly popping in and out of her day, whenever she gets/takes a moment to do so.

I guess Rachel will have to make a choice, because no matter how she slices it, if she's going to have a baby she'll have to cut back on her precious fashion life --- and if she doesn't have a baby and cut back on work, she'll probably lose Rodger. Even though she's giving lip service to going forward with trying to get pregnant, in the end, I think she'll decide not to, and choose fashion instead.
    I agree with you too Imperfect1...and by the way...love your new pic or is it called an avatar...not sure...but nevertheless...very pretty!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4068167;
    I agree with you too Imperfect1...and by the way...love your new pic or is it called an avatar...not sure...but nevertheless...very pretty!
    Thanks so much Holly. Purple ranunculas! Nature is so beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4068295;
    Running a bit off topic here but I also love your ranunculas. I can never get them to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4068295;
    I agree...I love nature and flowers....

FORT Fan

Brad has left Rachel Zoe and is blazing his own path own. It appears amicable, but some report that Rachel was jealous over this story about Brad in the NY Times.

www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/fashion/19Brad.html

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;4073377;
    Brad has left Rachel Zoe and is blazing his own path own. It appears amicable, but some report that Rachel was jealous over this story about Brad in the NY Times.

www.nytimes.com/2010/09/19/fashion/19Brad.html

where did you see that he had left Rachel Zoe? the article in the link references him working for her several times, and not in past tense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4073382;
    where did you see that he had left Rachel Zoe? the article in the link references him working for her several times, and not in past tense.
    Yep...it's true:

Brad Goreski Leaves Rachel Zoe | Brad Goreski, Rachel Zoe : Just Jared

In one article about his leaving Rachel it states that Rachel stated that she would not be replacing Brad. If she was already stressed when Brad was there and didn't have time for Roger, no less a baby, she certainly will not have time for Roger or a baby now without Brad helping her and no replacement for him. Or at the very least, if she does hire someone new, there is a training period that would have to occur before she felt confident enough to leave some of the work entirely in their hands. When she hired Brad, she had Taylor to help mentor him...now if she hires someone new, she doesn't have anyone else other than herself to mentor them. How much time would that leave for her hubby or to have a baby?
    Last edited by Holly in SoCal; 09-30-2010 at 01:46 PM.

I was surprised to read that Brad is 33. I thought he was in his mid 20s for sure!

+ Reply to Thread