+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4061108;
    OK, so, we're suppose to believe that she actually cooked the turkey dinner? The turkey is still in the plastic and she's dressed in boots and a cape with strands of pearls hanging around her neck and she's cooking dinner? Really? I get that fashion is her life. I get that it's important for her to look good BUT come on! She NEVER throws on a pair sweats when things need to get done? I've cooked plenty of turkey dinners for family and in my experience I was on my feet for 2 days! Getting myself ready has always been the last thing on my mind! She's a lying liar who lies! Just tell the truth, the cooking scenes were all staged! No one, except Batman, cooks a turkey dinner in a cape!
    You really cracked me up with this post...love it!!! What about Superman...he might cook in his cape too! I know when I cook, I need to put on the most comfortable and at the same time, the yuckiest clothes I own, cause I make a total mess! I didn't see Rachel cooking anything at all in that show...maybe she sliced a few veggies...but nothing else. And even slicing the veggies...who does kitchen stuff with all their rings on? That's germy and food gets stuck in the rings...yuck!! I had to laugh....surely that couldn't be true that she never goes into a grocery store...although...she never really does eat. Maybe Roger orders food in for himself only. And speaking of Roger....did you see the previews for next week....I think he's just about over staying with Rachel...sure...he loves her...but he is only a second, third or maybe even 10th thought in Rachel's life. She is certainly not a wife to him. Very sad...

I had to laugh when I saw her cutting those carrots into such huge slices to put into the salad. Does anyone really enjoy gnawing on huge raw carrot slices when eating a salad? I also don't think her family really expected a totally home-cooked meal from her so her freak-out was a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4063427;
    I had to laugh when I saw her cutting those carrots into such huge slices to put into the salad. Does anyone really enjoy gnawing on huge raw carrot slices when eating a salad? I also don't think her family really expected a totally home-cooked meal from her so her freak-out was a little over the top.
    Maybe she was really only freaking out about being around so much food at once...thinking she might gain weight by osmosis or by touching it or looking at it.

FORT Fogey

I finally got the episode this morning and it was pretty clear that the whole dinner ----after the initial "let's play house" ---was catered. Funny stuff. Oh I forgot to look if she actually transferred any food from her plate into her mouth. So did we see her eat???

I saw most of the show last night, but missed the part where they were talking about blood test. What was that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4066545;
    I saw most of the show last night, but missed the part where they were talking about blood test. What was that about?
    Rodger wants to have a baby ASAP. Rachel's baby is Chanel. Blood tests don't lie & I am thinking Rachel wanted to postpone it because the blood tests would reveal how unhealthy she is. That yellow gown she wore to The Met showed how really skinny she is. You could count every rib & her breasts hung on her body like to sacks sad of sand.
    I'm size 2 thin but you can't see my bones & I actually eat and live for cheesecake.
    I laughed when Brad said he was turning into Taylor.

Is it possible that she has already gone through menopause and she dosen't want to let the cat out of the bag?

I would question if she's had any regular periods for quite some time based on how she looks. She may not even know if she's in menopause.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think Rachel's health, and her skinnyness, and her "fears" about being pregnant, and her other perceived concerns are just covering up the REAL reason she doesn't want to take the time to have a baby. TIME. She doesn't have time. Yes, she'd love to be a mom if it didn't take all the time that it doesl Rachel is fiercely in love with her career, and the way that she conducts her career is ALL CONSUMING. And she loves it madly. She's said it herself a bunch of time. It's her first choice and nothing comes close, not Rodger, not a baby, not a family --- not even close. You can't blame her, of course, for loving fashion so much. She just does. But it's a shame that she can't find a way to make some time for the other people (and unborn people) because she'd love that too --- just not as much.

I can't help but compare her to Kimora Lee Simmons -- another fashion maven on reality tv. Kimora is also a fashion super-success and madly in love with her business BUT for Kimora, her kids come first, no matter what. She is passionate about those kids and features them into every project, every episode, and every aspect of her life. Interestingly, Kimora seems to get it all done (and she's got 3 kids, not just 1), but she has a huge staff as compared to Rachel's very small staff.

Another super successful hard working mom in the reality tv - fashion biz is Kelly Cutrone (a single mom with 1 child) who also manages to get everything done, but I notice that her daughter is usually in the care of her nanny, with mom Kelly popping in and out of her day, whenever she gets/takes a moment to do so.

I guess Rachel will have to make a choice, because no matter how she slices it, if she's going to have a baby she'll have to cut back on her precious fashion life --- and if she doesn't have a baby and cut back on work, she'll probably lose Rodger. Even though she's giving lip service to going forward with trying to get pregnant, in the end, I think she'll decide not to, and choose fashion instead.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-23-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Imperfect I agree with you 1,000%. You made great comparisons.
    My sons are grown, 29 & 25, but they are still and always be my #1 priority.

+ Reply to Thread