+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The Rachel Zoe Project

Re: The Rachel Zoe Project

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4053161;
    Yes, I wondering that too. How can she afford all of her overhead and travel by styling a couple of celebs. It doesn't make sense. Even if she charges a lot. If I were a client, such as Demi or Kate Hudson, I think I would tire of her sharing all of those details about my clothing. It's just tacky.

I read on another board that Rachel charges $6,000.00 per day. Still, if you only have a handful of clients, that's not really enough to live a high dollar lifestyle, plus pay all your staff. How many days per week would she work for these clients?

When Rachel ran into Julianne Moore at this social at the hotel in Milan, it was a little uncomfortable. Rachel asked her what she was wearing to the Oscars and she said she had almost decided. It was clear Rachel was NOT her stylist.

Honestly, with that show, I don't think I would be interested in becoming a client. LOL
    I agree Debb....I was thinking the very same thing...how does she afford to pay all her expenses, etc. (all the things you mentioned above) with what seems to be such a limited amount of clients. Although...she does keep mentioning that she is starting a fashion line w/QVC...so if that really gets off the ground, I'm sure she can make alot of $$ doing that.

Does anyone but me think that this situation w/Roger wanting a child so badly and her not wanting a child is going to possibly break up their marriage? As I was stating above...she is full speed ahead with the QVC project, which would make LESS time in her busy schedule to have a child. If she was really seriously considering having a child, you would think she would be trying to clear up her future years to come a little so that she could focus on pregnancy and having/raising a baby. This seems like it is going to be a very big problem between her and hubby. And of course, there's always the situation that she does not seem healthy enough to even have a child aka pregnancy. She very rarely eats and is very, very thin. Plus she has had instances of illness...which seem to be related to her not eating and being underweight. One other thing is that some women that are very underweight stop having their monthly cycle, which would also come into play of having a hard time getting pregnant. Just some thoughts...

Some of Rachel's current clients are Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Garner, Kate Hudson, Kate Beckinsale, Debra Messing, Demi Moore, Liv Tyler, Joy Bryant, Molly Sims, Eva Mendes, Anne Hathaway and James Majesty.

As seen on the show, the Marchesa dress that Rachel wanted went to someone else and Sandra Bullock wore it, which she really deserved, she won for that movie she did and she looked really pretty in it.

With the list of clients listed here... aside from once in awhile near hits none of them are real huge celebrities who do any work with any consistency. I don't know. I just find the constant name dropping of Demi etc. a little tiresome.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4053286;
    ...how does she afford to pay all her expenses, etc. (all the things you mentioned above) with what seems to be such a limited amount of clients. Although...she does keep mentioning that she is starting a fashion line w/QVC...so if that really gets off the ground, I'm sure she can make alot of $$ doing that.
    That's probably why Rodger always gets so upset when Rachel goes on her shopping sprees and spends money that Rodger feels they can't afford. As far as I've noticed, no one on the show is trying to claim that they're uber-rich, so her income and Rodger's worrying seem pretty consistant. In fact just the opposite, as Rachel is always trying to 'grow' her business to become more successful --- so that, among other things, in the future, she will have the money she would love to have to support her shopping and other expenses. I give Rachel a lot of credit. Yes, she's very neurotic and set in her ways, but she's also a very, very hard worker with incredible integrity regarding her styling philosophy, and I think she makes her clients look stunning!!!

PS What I don't understand is why, if she can make other people look so great, why (in my opinion) she herself usually looks so awful! Terrible hair, terrible makeup, and very unflattering clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos;4053361;
    Some of Rachel's current clients are Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Garner, Kate Hudson, Kate Beckinsale, Debra Messing, Demi Moore, Liv Tyler, Joy Bryant, Molly Sims, Eva Mendes, Anne Hathaway and James Majesty.
    I have heard her mention Cameron, Jennifer, Kate Hudson, Demi, and Anne. Maybe the rest have requested to be kept off the show. LOL

Can you imagine how Rachel would go nuts if she had to style celebs like Julianne Moore, Merlye Streep, Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock, or Jennifer Anniston? OMG She would really freak out!

Her husband must know that his wife is not ready for a baby physically or mentally. She is so far from that it isn't funny. It would be a big mistake to bring a baby into her life at this point. Why is that not clear to him? She is obsessed with her job and doesn't appear to be healthy. He needs to adjust his expectations or move along. I can't see her changing. Maybe her husband is in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4053482;

PS What I don't understand is why, if she can make other people look so great, why (in my opinion) she herself usually looks so awful! Terrible hair, terrible makeup, and very unflattering clothes.
    Do you notice that all her clothes are about 3 sizes too big? She probably can't find clothes to fit her anorexic body. Remember last year when Brad and them were talking about how they could see her bones? Looks like everything she wears completely covers her body from neck to feet. No skin showing at all. And everything is way to big for her.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall;4053579;
    Do you notice that all her clothes are about 3 sizes too big? She probably can't find clothes to fit her anorexic body. Remember last year when Brad and them were talking about how they could see her bones? Looks like everything she wears completely covers her body from neck to feet. No skin showing at all. And everything is way to big for her.
    And she was pretty adament about not wearing a swin suit, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall;4053579;
    She could have them made. She may be too embarrassed for anyone to messure her though.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JenCos;4053361;
    Not all of these are current clients. Kate Beckinsale at least left with Taylor.

+ Reply to Thread