+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 234 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

The Duggar Family

I noticed last night that the Duggar Family have joined the Monday night line-up on TLC with Jon and Kate and Little People Big World starts its new season Oct 13th.

TLC 17 Kids and Counting
    When Big Families Collide
    Mon, Oct 13, 10:00 PM

Run Time: 30 min.

Genre:

HD TV-PG
    The Duggars are challenged as they host another large family, the Bates family from Tennessee.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Duggar Family

Last night TLC ran a program where the Duggar family visited New York to appear on the Today show and announce that child #18 is scheduled to arrive about January 1, 2009. I must say this is a family that genuinely seems to love each other and get along. The youngest child had a brief melt-down and Mom explained in a low voice that she was not to do that. No hitting or fighting. It was wonderful. They dress very conservatively and one New Yorker thought they might be Amish. NO; that gave me a chuckle. A police car stopped, the two officers got out and recognized them and wished them a nice time in New York. The mother is so young it's hard to believe she could have had so many children.

What I don't like about them, is that they appear to make the girls all wear dresses. To me, they're fitting them into a stereotype, if they're not of Amish or Mennonite background.

Now the oldest son is getting married. What about college? Didn't he just graduate from high school like a year ago?

They aren't of that back ground but are still deeply religious and many deeply religious christian sects adhere to the dress rule for women and girls. Not just Amish or Mennonite.

I think they are Baptist, and you know something else? Not one of those kids is ugly. I really like this family, they really seem to have it together.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Regular

I agree that all of the children are nice looking. The Duggars are going to give another large family with cute kids on TLC a run for their money!

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3208294;
    What I don't like about them, is that they appear to make the girls all wear dresses. To me, they're fitting them into a stereotype, if they're not of Amish or Mennonite background.

Now the oldest son is getting married. What about college? Didn't he just graduate from high school like a year ago?
    He must have graduated two or three as he is 20 years old, and for college, if he doesn't go, the Duggars have a business running if I recall correctly. If you check out their website it might have some clues: The Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar Family

and I am sure they make money off of the things they are recommending on their website.
    Last edited by just1paul; 10-01-2008 at 05:49 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

With the homeschooling I'd be willing to bet these kids are "graduating" before they are 18. So it is feasible that he went to some college. Not all kids go to college either, religious or not. So I don't really look down on the family either way if the kids go to college or not.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3208294;

He is going to be 21 in March..
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Discovery Health is showing the Duggar Family Album Wed (tonight) at 9pm. Unfortunately, looking at my schedule it must only be on Discovery Health U.S. not Canada. sigh.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread