+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Duggar Family

Does the Today show pay their guests? I don't know about that. Do they claim they are primarily a news show? I usually leave for work at 7:15 a.m. but on the days when I'm home, so much of the morning shows is 'fluff.'

If people get paid 'scale,' it's not a whole lot of money.

I'm sure on a show like The View, the guests do get paid.

Of course, TLC would pay them a hefty fee since they are the whole reason the show is on.

FORT Newbie

Anna was to scared to look at the pregnancy test, so she got Josh to tell her what it said. She took a couple before and they were all negative. She she thought she was pregnant and got josh to tell if she was. She was just scared to be disappointed like any trying mother would be. Anna is 21 by the way, not seventeen. And she even told us she always wanted to be 20 before she got married, and even josh abided by that. well he proposed on her 20th birthday but still he was 20 himself.

Michelle has most of her children in a hospital except for Joy and i think another. I see nothing wrong with home births if you had a healthy and good low risk pregnancy so far, they most of talked it over with there doctor as they did have one.

the duggar whether they follow a cult are not which i don't believe they do. . They are not idiots and turn their head away from medical attention or need of it. i don't think the family would allow a 'free standing' home birth. She had a midwife which that takes years to study for and a doula. who almost always carry oxygen for mother and baby and oxycotin if there is hemmorhgining or maternal bleeding to halt.

And you always have a back up emergency if you need to be transfered to a hospital at the first sign of trouble usually. Its not okay lets have the baby at home.... you have steps and back up plans to make and follow if needed. You have to set up your room and have plastic sheets.

its usually well thought out and planned.

And on the note, i'm pretty sure Anna knew what sex was....maybe not to the extent of what we know of it...i'm her age. But I think even the duggar girls know about it. Kinda hard to keep a secret with that many kids. Their conservative people, and rather have their kids wait for marriage, doesn't mean they don't know about it. Michelle said once when she got pregnant with Jennifer that girls watch the calander like a hawk. So they obviously understand where babies come from.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3726513;
    Does the Today show pay their guests? I don't know about that. Do they claim they are primarily a news show? I usually leave for work at 7:15 a.m. but on the days when I'm home, so much of the morning shows is 'fluff.'

If people get paid 'scale,' it's not a whole lot of money.

I'm sure on a show like The View, the guests do get paid.

Of course, TLC would pay them a hefty fee since they are the whole reason the show is on.

I saw them on both Today and The View yesterday.

I seriously doubt if they work for scale--no matter whose show they are on.

I have to wonder where those are who are objecting to the Gosselin kids being on tv--but don't object to the private lives of the Duggar children being made public?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3726474;
    Knowing the risks and being able to stop maternal hemmorhaging before th mom bleeds out are two entirely diferent things.

Home delivery is not recommended for Prime-ips.

Ditto for any emergency situation that arises in the newborn.
    I understand that it is not recommended. What I was merely pointing out was in regards to your assumption that she didn't know the risks. We don't know if she did or she didn't. There are plenty of people who choose home birthing for non-religious reasons who are educated women. Just because it is not recommended - at the end of the day, if a woman knows the risks and choses it - then that is the way she is going to go. To try and blame it on "the man" without knowing more facts is, in my opinion, putting the cart before the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3726523;

I have to wonder where those are who are objecting to the Gosselin kids being on tv--but don't object to the private lives of the Duggar children being made public?
    That's like comparing apples and oranges. The Duggar children's privacy is not being made public. They show us nothing more than what a guest in their home would see. You don't see them on the toilet, or in the shower. You don't see the children putting their hand up to the cameras telling them to go away and you don't see their parents mocking them.

FORT Fogey

But you still see their entire lives before they are really able to make a conscious decision to say I don't want this, nor will they be able to because it's their parents deciding for them. So it's not apples to oranges at all actually. More like sweet apples to sour apples. But, may I remind you, this is what Jon and Kate started out as.

I bet if one of the kids didn't want to be on camera they wouldn't be. It IS apples and oranges
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

One of the biggest difference between the Duggars and Gosselins is respect. The parents respect each other and their children and the children do the same. There has never been respect displayed in the Gosselins, even when they were supposedly "nice".

I agree - it's apples and oranges.

FORT Fogey

oh? and how would that work? would the kid that didn't want to be on camera still be allowed to go on the trips that TLC sends them on? would he or she still be allowed to participate in the family time that gets spent on the show?

The FAMILIES are apples and oranges, I agree. But the premise of the show? Not at all. And therefore the questions remain the same.

these childrens' personal lives are still being put on display on national television. granted, the duggar family is much better off than the JnK brood, but the premise of the shows is the same. I personally don't object to the Duggar family being on TV, nor do I object to "Raising a 6-Pack" or any other show where parents raising their children are shown. I didn't object to Jon and Kate until their family life became a spectator sport.

I sort of object to adolescents lives being put on TV like that though. Because you do stupid, stupid things when you're a teenager, and you don't always think them through, because that part of the brain simply isn't developed yet. Very young children aren't going to be judged in the same manner that teenagers are.

Clearly, the Duggars are a different case, because their lives DON'T change that much from children to teenagers. As of yet, none of them have had a rebellious stage that I believe teenagers are entitled to. So far, they've all accepted their parent's way of life with little questioning. But what happens when one doesn't? Should that battle really be made public, simply because his or her parents agreed to them being on a TV show when they were younger?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrial;3726522;
    Anna was to scared to look at the pregnancy test, so she got Josh to tell her what it said. She took a couple before and they were all negative. She she thought she was pregnant and got josh to tell if she was. She was just scared to be disappointed like any trying mother would be. Anna is 21 by the way, not seventeen. And she even told us she always wanted to be 20 before she got married, and even josh abided by that. well he proposed on her 20th birthday but still he was 20 himself.

Michelle has most of her children in a hospital except for Joy and i think another. I see nothing wrong with home births if you had a healthy and good low risk pregnancy so far, they most of talked it over with there doctor as they did have one.

the duggar whether they follow a cult are not which i don't believe they do. . They are not idiots and turn their head away from medical attention or need of it. i don't think the family would allow a 'free standing' home birth. She had a midwife which that takes years to study for and a doula. who almost always carry oxygen for mother and baby and oxycotin if there is hemmorhgining or maternal bleeding to halt.

And you always have a back up emergency if you need to be transfered to a hospital at the first sign of trouble usually. Its not okay lets have the baby at home.... you have steps and back up plans to make and follow if needed. You have to set up your room and have plastic sheets.

its usually well thought out and planned.

And on the note, i'm pretty sure Anna knew what sex was....maybe not to the extent of what we know of it...i'm her age. But I think even the duggar girls know about it. Kinda hard to keep a secret with that many kids. Their conservative people, and rather have their kids wait for marriage, doesn't mean they don't know about it. Michelle said once when she got pregnant with Jennifer that girls watch the calander like a hawk. So they obviously understand where babies come from.
    I have a friend who is a doula. Nothing wrong with it (though not for me) if it is a healthy normal pregnancy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread