+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Congrats to Josh and Anna!

There's doting – and then there's Duggar doting.

Mackynzie Renée Duggar is in for an avalanche of family attention: She's not only the first grandchild in the reality TV clan, but she already has 17 aunts and uncles, plus one more on the way, since her grandparents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are expecting their 19th child in the spring.

Mackynzie was born at the home of her parents, Joshua and Anna, with a midwife and doula attending the birth. "Josh was excited to participate in the birth as well," says a family friend. "They are both so happy."

Josh has been front and center in his wife's first pregnancy – telling her the news that she was pregnant after she was too nervous to look at her own pregnancy test, and reading and singing to his daughter before she was born.

"I ask Anna what she needs," Josh told PEOPLE in July. "I talk to the baby and we involve her in our conversations. When Anna and I are talking to each other, we'll say, 'So, how do you like that, Mackynzie?' "

Although Mackynzie is his first child, Josh knows all about raising babies. He's the oldest child of Jim Bob and MIchelle Duggar of Tonitown, Ark., who went on to have twins Jana and John-David, 19; Jill, 18; Jessa, 16; Jinger, 15; Joseph, 14; Josiah, 13; Joy-Anna, 11; twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah, 10; Jason, 9; James, 8; Justin, 6; Jackson, 5; Johanna, 3; Jennifer, 2 and Jordyn-Grace, 9 months.

The newest Duggar's name came from a combination Josh's cousin's name (Mackynzie) and Anna's middle name (Renée), but the couple hasn't completely committed to "M" being the letter to begin all their children's names. The Duggars famously have chosen "J" names for all their children.

Mackynzie Duggar's birth will be featured on TLC's 18 Kids and Counting special First Grandduggar, airing Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 9 p.m.
    Duggar Family Welcomes First Grandchild - Babies, Anna Duggar, Joshua Duggar : People.com
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Do I see the potential for a new TLC series? "One Kid & Counting"? If it replaces another family with 8 kids, I'm all for it.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I don't think they're going to do two Duggar shows; rather have Josh & Anna stuff be a part of the main series. I'd rather see more of Table for 12 than the show with 8 kids, though.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3722740;
    I don't think they're going to do two Duggar shows; rather have Josh & Anna stuff be a part of the main series. I'd rather see more of Table for 12 than the show with 8 kids, though.
    I can see them doing that.

Congrats to the new parents!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3722731;
    Do I see the potential for a new TLC series? "One Kid & Counting"? If it replaces another family with 8 kids, I'm all for it.
    Great idea! I'd rather watch Josh and Anna over those idiots any day!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3722946;
    Great idea! I'd rather watch Josh and Anna over those idiots any day!
    You have a point there.

I finally watched my taped, "20 years, 20 Duggars" episode. I thought Michelle's dress looked nice. I like how they had her go through the birth of each child and talk about their personalities. When they showed some of the very early episode clips, you can see how much they have changed in their style. They are such a lovely family! I really hope nothing sad happens, like her having Down's Syndrome children, or a stillborn, or even dying herself in childbirth.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

the baby is sooooo tiny and precious. and in the picture on cnn.com, you can tell she definitely has mama's nose.

TLC's Duggar family has first grandchild - CNN.com

She looks great for a newborn! Cutie!

She looks just like her mom!

+ Reply to Thread