+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 251 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

There is a family very much like the Duggars where I work (not as many kids). I had always thought them as weird, until I got to know the mom and one of the daughters at a craft progarm we had. I was impressed and I loved the daughter. She was so much like me at her age... kind of akward, shy but girly, so 13!!.... some things really aren't that much different. And after an encounter with a Sophmore who had to be at least 8 months pregnant, I have to rethink alot of my views.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have to say I watched the wedding vow renewal episode tonight (dvr'd DWTS results) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I may be a sap, but I even got a little teary eyed at the end with the girls talking about how much their parents love each other. I know everyone doesn't agree on their religious beliefs or some of their parenting choices, but I believe that the world would be a better place if we all could work on having the love and commitment that they have in their marraige.

FORT Newbie

I thought the renewal was so pretty. And all the old pictures of the babies and of them. And i still don't think michelle's dress was ugly. I think it suited her.

I love when they asked the Jill and Jinger what it was like to see her parents make out all the time lol. And she named her kids personalities and everything to a tee i thought after always watching the show of a long time.

I saw a part of the renewal episode and I really don't see what was wrong with her dress. I think it looked fine.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Hmmmmmm...
    Maybe Michelle's dress looked better in person, but as one who sells modest wedding gowns, I'd say that looked pretty hideoous to me. There are a lot prettier, more stylish dresses out there.
    'Course, if you don't have the TLC hook-up to pay for the dress, you'd be out more money actually having to buy it instead of Kleinfeld's giving it to you for product placement. Trust me. The Duggars wouldn't be forking over the $$$$$ that Kleinfeld's charges - especially with their, "buy used and save the difference" philosophy.

Darn it, I missed the show second week in the row! And I really wanted to see this episode. I saw the pictures of the ceremony and the dress looked better then I thought it would.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3721180;
    Hmmmmmm...
    Maybe Michelle's dress looked better in person, but as one who sells modest wedding gowns, I'd say that looked pretty hideoous to me. There are a lot prettier, more stylish dresses out there.
    'Course, if you don't have the TLC hook-up to pay for the dress, you'd be out more money actually having to buy it instead of Kleinfeld's giving it to you for product placement. Trust me. The Duggars wouldn't be forking over the $$$$$ that Kleinfeld's charges - especially with their, "buy used and save the difference" philosophy.
    Very true, they probably didn't pay for the dress. Tlc, probably paid for it...for the product placement and crossing the two shows.
    She probably could of found a better one... but after seeing one of my friends home made wedding dress that was just a disaster.......so anything is better then that dress.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3721180;
    I immediately thought that it was gifted-there's no way that Michelle would have paid for that herself. I would not be surprised, if Kleinfeld's had not gotten into the mix, if Michelle or one of the girls made the dress-I know for Anna's wedding all the dresses (bridesmaid/bride) were made by Anna and the girls, and they actually looked gorgeous!
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrial;3721550;
    Very true, they probably didn't pay for the dress. Tlc, probably paid for it...for the product placement and crossing the two shows.
    She probably could of found a better one... but after seeing one of my friends home made wedding dress that was just a disaster.......so anything is better then that dress.
    I'm betting that's true, that Klienfelds payed for it in cross promotion fashion.. They do well with their rentals and all, and could probably afford it, but I just can't see Michelle spending it on herself. Like most Moms I think she'd rather spend the money on the kids.

FORT Newbie

But i thought the dress suited her, it fit nicely and gave her a nice sillouette i thought. And considering how many children she has she tries hard to keep fit.
    Though i liked the old photo of her and jimbob at probably a dance or prom...her off the shoulder pink dress. But thats just me i loved those old eighties dresses. Why i like the movie footlose for the old dresses..... which doesn't even have anything to do with this...so i'll just stop there lol before i go on about kevin bacon lol.

Anna's dress i found very plain and not my favorite, the bridesmaids dresses where lovely though.