+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 229 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

That is a thoughtful consideration. Everything we do has a ripple effect, and bearing generations who will most likely bear more generations is no exception. I cannot argue whether it's a better decision for someone to have many children or to have no children. I know it goes without saying, but we all are different, and have different issues that are important to us or that we hold as sacred, and then we go about living our lives based on our personal convictions.
    remember to play

But since the Duggar children are taught to fend for themselves, I think if they can't make a living to support 10+ children - they won't have them.

In fact, I'd bet at least 1/2 of them won't have that many children. Michelle just happens to be blessed (or cursed) with a healthy & hearty enough body and active eggs.

Which makes me think that that could be one reason why four children in 5 1/2 years. It's a well-known fact that as a woman approaches menopause her eggs start releasing more of them during ovulation.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3705824;
    I agree with you 100%. Large families are no longer a necessity and over population is a burden on the planet.
    If we're looking at this from a population stand point families shouldn't even have one child at this point. I personally don't believe in ANYONE breeding even one child especially with all the unwanted children out there already that needs homes.

But I don't don't sit here and bash the breeders and bash people for their choice to have a child(ren). That's their choice. It doesn't go along with my belief system but they don't have to live my belief system either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3706165;
    If we're looking at this from a population stand point families shouldn't even have one child at this point. I personally don't believe in ANYONE breeding even one child especially with all the unwanted children out there already that needs homes.

But I don't don't sit here and bash the breeders and bash people for their choice to have a child(ren). That's their choice. It doesn't go along with my belief system but they don't have to live my belief system either.
    Causingchaos--hi. I'm not quite disagreeing with you. But the fact is that in our times everything each one of us does affects everyone else on the planet.

If it didn't why would we be bothering about pollution or carbon emissions or recycling?

IMO only--if these people "love children" so much--why aren't they adopting 10 or so of the neediest kids they can find? There are numerous homeless abused special needs children right here in our country who could use just a little love and security.

IMO when people just HAVE to reproduce at such extraordinary rates there is a psychological basis for the behavior.

I can make many guesses but some might find some of the suppositions offensive to the stated "religious" ideas behind the family's reproductive policies so I will refrain.

As I said--I grew up in a religious environment that promoted and encouraged similar reproductive behaviors so I have a personal experience and observations to base my opinions of this family on.

IMO only--it is a shame that this kind of selfish reproductive behavior is being broadcast to a wide audience and is often touted as an appropriate way to behave.

It's a good thing to live in a country where we are able to follow the dictates of our own beliefs and consciences instead of being forced to live life according to someone elses beliefs.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Actually, the world population is declining, not rising, and has been since the 1960's. The Duggar's have a religious belief system that welcomes many children. Their belief system is not hurting our society or the people around them, so there is no reason to say that their belief system is not valid. Personally, I feel better about people like them having more than the average amount of children than the crack-addicted mothers who are giving birth to crack-addicted babies with AIDS, and that is a true problem because there are many people being hurt in that, common, situation. The people who are statistically giving birth to the most children are in the poverty-stricken areas with poor education, lack of women's rights, or no access to birth control. People like the Duggars are not part of the problem.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3705784;
    ...There is no way Jim Bob would continue to make her keep having babies if her health was endangered.
    i don't believe this for a moment. as strongly against birth control as they are, they will continue to have as many babies as her body can create until she's just naturally not able to have any more. even if her health was in danger, i believe they would consider it "god's will".

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3706464;
    i don't believe this for a moment. as strongly against birth control as they are, they will continue to have as many babies as her body can create until she's just naturally not able to have any more. even if her health was in danger, i believe they would consider it "god's will".
    I imagine they might just stop having sex if her health were in danger. At least until after menopause. They won't abandon their beliefs, but I don't thnk he would do anything to harm her either

You guys that talk about how they 'need' to have all of thee children. It's not like they are getting fertility treatments or anything like that. They are having sex with each other and not using birth control I can't think of anything more natural than having sex with a spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3706165;

Yeah, You're right (first paragraph). As far as bashing them, THEY WENT ON TV! We didn't go out looking for them. They opened themselves up for critique. I don't go to them to tell them how I fell. I don't write them, I don't call them. I come her where people are talking about them. Are we only suppose to say good things? We can "bash" the Atlanta Housewives but not the Duggars? They're no different to me. They all went on TV for a some reason. Fame? Money? Who knows.
    I personally think that if you go on TV you have to take the good with the bad. The Duggars probably have a much better life now that they've done this show. I'm sure that they're laughing all the way to the bank and could care less about what myself or others think about them. While some may view them as a wholesome Christian family, I view them more as a cult. I think that they're scary!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

This forum is to discuss the shows we are watching, good and bad. The problem is that most of the Duggar-bashers here have all stated they don't watch the show. How can you fairly discuss a topic that you know nothing about?
    Also, I think that they are bashed for religious beliefs that they have. Whether we personally choose any religion ourselves or not, I think all people should have the right to adhere to their personal religious beliefs, as long as they are not harming others. If people were on the board having a problem with Muslims praying five times a day and freaking out over that, it wouldn't be tolerated, but because the Duggars' are Christians, their belief system seems to be fair-game.

+ Reply to Thread