+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 226 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

You are correct, it did say that Jim Bob and Michelle did kiss before marriage, but due to the regret and heavy heart that Michelle had they teach courtship. I think out of the 18, maybe one or two will kiss before marriage, but most will probably follow courtship, especially after seeing what they have to look forward to with their parents being such a loving couple. I don't think that they would have WW3 either, because they are definitely the slow-to-anger type and I think that they will respect the decisions that the kids make. They can only do so much.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3698059;
    Mormons aren't among the religions that view birth control as a sin or anything like it. I'm not sure which religions do besides Catholics. Baptists maybe? I know some Baptists can't dance and stuff.

I have no problem with someone having as many kids as they want to, or not having any kids, as long as they don't expect the government to support them. I think women should decide themselves how many kids to have or not to have, but being able to care for those kids should be a part of that decision. The Duggars seem to be taking care of their children quite well so I have no problem with them doing as they choose.
    Almost all fundamentalist sects of Christianity view it as bad.

Also if you want to talk about health risk of many pregnancies birth control pills/shots/patches etc. have the potential for horrific side effects and complications from long term use.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

It isn't a specific religion that has the Duggar's abstaining from birth control. It is a movement within the Christian religion. It is called the "Quiverful" movement and here is their website: QuiverFull .com . As you can see, they advertise the Duggar's DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3698268;
    Also if you want to talk about health risk of many pregnancies birth control pills/shots/patches etc. have the potential for horrific side effects and complications from long term use.

I was not suggesting any birth control methods for anyone. There are several ways to avoid becoming pregnant.

I still think health concerns are valid where so many pregnancies are concerned.

I noticed on the last episode that it was special because James was being "mic-ed", and the younger children do not normally wear a microphone. This is a big difference to alot of these reality shows. Aren't the Gosselin kids always mic-ed?

FORT Fogey

I don't have cable so I don't get to watch this show--but I was raised in a very traditional religion that was very repressive to women (like the way the girls are being described here) and in which a lot of the families were big by today's definition--six, eight, ten or more.

Trust me--when the kids get free of all that work--especially the girls get free of having to be "little mothers"--they take off and seldom look back.

IMO only but having this many children and making children take care of/raise the younger childen is a recipe for your offspring to take off and live their own lives somewhere--anywhere but near you--or in your religion for that matter.

I have seen this happen many many times.

The dr. said after the birth of number 18 that there is a risk of her bladder dropping after having so many kids.

Quote Originally Posted by gadmus126;3701884;
    The dr. said after the birth of number 18 that there is a risk of her bladder dropping after having so many kids.
    Yeah, you've got to wonder about her bladder already. I know so many women who have had bladder problems after only 3 or 4 kids. One of my friends had a surgical procedure to have her bladder tacked back up and she was embarrassed, at first. But, once she told people, tons of women were telling her about how they wish they could have that done! So, I think it's common, but not talked about too much.

I don't watch this show very often..but my daughter does and she just announced that Michelle was Pregnant AGAIN....tell me its not true...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread