+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 226 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124174 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 2254
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

  1. #731
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,070

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3687546;
    The older a women is, not only is she putting herself at risk, but the chances greatly increase for the baby to have birth defects. This isn't a childless couple desperate to have a baby. They have a large family, and they have been able to witness the miracle of birth numerous times.

    I'm sorry, but at this point, I think it's selfish, self serving and attention seeking. JMO
    Oh, they love the media's attention. It's beyond obvious. I can't even look at that woman.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  2. #732
    FORT Fogey tvaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cypress,California
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3687965;
    Oh, they love the media's attention. It's beyond obvious. I can't even look at that woman.
    Me either!

  3. #733
    Guys... psycobabe007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Good ol' Ohio
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,609

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I was a little surprised at them going to an Ethiopian restaurant. I think it shows how sheltered the kids were before the opportunities with the show came about. I am at least glad that they are getting to experience more of the US now outside of their Christian home schooled world.

    I had to laugh a little at the fact that Michelle and Jim Bob would have to explain the dancing to their kids, since they don't dance.

  4. #734
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3687661;
    Alot of parents I know usually ask the kids on tech things etc... I think it all comes more natural to them. If Jim Bob is like me, he probably typed his homework on a typewriter!!

    I am at a point where I ask younger people I know about how to use things sometimes. After all I grew up with typewriters (I had a PORTABLE!) and started with rotary phones.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  5. #735
    RIP Billy Mays:'( Trista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3688238;
    I was a little surprised at them going to an Ethiopian restaurant. I think it shows how sheltered the kids were before the opportunities with the show came about. I am at least glad that they are getting to experience more of the US now outside of their Christian home schooled world.

    I had to laugh a little at the fact that Michelle and Jim Bob would have to explain the dancing to their kids, since they don't dance.
    I was surprised as well, and I think it's good that they took them to experience something different, but let's just say they won't be doing that particular kind of food again.

    The dancing and music as well, I bet that there was a lot of explaining going on about that too.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

  6. #736
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by captain;3686467;
    I agree it could not been that much of a shock. I have heard that if you do not use birth control and have sex you can get pregnant. I learned it in health class. I think they are a very "frisky" couple and that is what happens. When you play, you pay.
    Not sure whether this has already been addressed, but I saw it mentioned a couple of times, so I just wanted to comment: when I was breastfeeding my daughter I was told that, while it is not impossible and does happen, for the great majority of women, they do not have menstrual cycles while they are breastfeeding - sort of the body's natural way to not over-exert itself and strain its resources too hard. Like I said, it is not perfect and my doctor actually recommended that I use the "half-pill" birth control pill to fully protect. So it is possible that she was not having periods - hence the reason it appears from the articles she didn't know the first month it happened.

  7. #737
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I knew a family that had 10 kids when I was growing up and the older ones took care of the younger ones. Not so unusual. I haven't seen any of that family for about 30 years now but they all seemed well adjusted last time.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  8. #738
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Reality
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3688636;
    I knew a family that had 10 kids when I was growing up and the older ones took care of the younger ones. Not so unusual. I haven't seen any of that family for about 30 years now but they all seemed well adjusted last time.
    Were the older children that you knew responsible for the younger kids every waking moment? Eating, dressing, entertaining, schooling etc? That is where I have a problem with Michelle. It is VERY rare that she has a child on her lap during family interviews. She is always hanging all over JimBob like a star struck teenager.

  9. #739
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,795

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3688686;
    Were the older children that you knew responsible for the younger kids every waking moment? Eating, dressing, entertaining, schooling etc? That is where I have a problem with Michelle. It is VERY rare that she has a child on her lap during family interviews. She is always hanging all over JimBob like a star struck teenager.
    On the contrary, I seem to see both Jim Bob and Michelle holding one of their children. Michelle usually has the youngest one.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  10. #740
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Nice, a letter to michelle duggar from her vag:

    momversation.com/blog/letter-michelle-duggar-her-vagina

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.