+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 229 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

I don't watch their show regularly, but I have to say personally I just adore this family... if for no other reason than how they epitomize grace.
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3686743;
    I really thought they would stop once the grandkids starting coming along. Something is just wrong with having kids when your kids are having kids
    I am at a loss as to what is wrong with it? As long as she is still able to have children who cares if she is a Grandma. Grandma are a lot younger today and plenty are still young enough and able to have kids.

As long as my tax money isn't taking care of the kids I don't have issues with it.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3687421;
    I am at a loss as to what is wrong with it? As long as she is still able to have children who cares if she is a Grandma. Grandma are a lot younger today and plenty are still young enough and able to have kids.

As long as my tax money isn't taking care of the kids I don't have issues with it.
    I agree. As for Grandmas having kids...I can look into my own family history and find examples where "Grandma" was still having children when her oldest were starting their families. This is not new.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I liked how they helped out at Miriam's on last nights episode. And I caught the guy saying they bought the food they made. The Ethiopian restaurant looked like a trip. I can tell they weren't thrilled with the food. Never having had it, I can't say I would not be the same.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3687421;

The older a women is, not only is she putting herself at risk, but the chances greatly increase for the baby to have birth defects. This isn't a childless couple desperate to have a baby. They have a large family, and they have been able to witness the miracle of birth numerous times.

I'm sorry, but at this point, I think it's selfish, self serving and attention seeking. JMO

Does she really have a choice in this matter?
    There's no place like home!

Too much.

Too excessive. Nature is all about balance and having 18 kids is out of balance. Someone in that household is paying for all the Dugger parental decisions...not Michelle obviously. She is getting some kind of reward for having baby after baby.

These kids don't have a choice. They are born into this situation. Michelle Dugger has a choice. She has decided that her "reward" is more important than doing right by her current kids.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fanatic

It's interesting that one of the female Duggars figured out how to purchase multiple fare cards at the subway in D.C. These machines can be very challenging to newcomers. Right on, sister. Jim Bob seemed clueless.

They mentioned an all-day pass on the metro. You cannot ride the subway until after 9:30 a.m. with that type of pass, so they may not have experienced the 'fun' of rush hour. I'm sorry I missed seeing them since I'm on the subway every day. What a trip (pun intended) that would have been.

If the owner of the Ethiopian restaurant offered them a free meal for the publicity, he might be disappointed. The Duggars didn't seem to enjoy the experience at all.

I'm impressed they worked in a soup kitchen; Miriam's Kitchen has been around a long time. I have volunteered in a similar one in D.C. The one where I worked served a hot breakfast, but I mostly made sandwiches for the guests to take with them.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3687619;
    It's interesting that one of the female Duggars figured out how to purchase multiple fare cards at the subway in D.C. These machines can be very challenging to newcomers. Right on, sister. Jim Bob seemed clueless.

They mentioned an all-day pass on the metro. You cannot ride the subway until after 9:30 a.m. with that type of pass, so they may not have experienced the 'fun' of rush hour. I'm sorry I missed seeing them since I'm on the subway every day. What a trip (pun intended) that would have been.

If the owner of the Ethiopian restaurant offered them a free meal for the publicity, he might be disappointed. The Duggars didn't seem to enjoy the experience at all.

I'm impressed they worked in a soup kitchen; Miriam's Kitchen has been around a long time. I have volunteered in a similar one in D.C. The one where I worked served a hot breakfast, but I mostly made sandwiches for the guests to take with them.
    Alot of parents I know usually ask the kids on tech things etc... I think it all comes more natural to them. If Jim Bob is like me, he probably typed his homework on a typewriter!!

I think the restaurant was just "too" much for them. Different food, loud music dancing! I think they prefer a more lowkey dining experience like that had with the Amish. Maybe its all the craziness with so many kids, why add to it?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3687234;
    I don't watch their show regularly, but I have to say personally I just adore this family... if for no other reason than how they epitomize grace.
    I agree! We need more people like them on television who show goodness and live their faith!

As for them having so many children, that is their choice. The good thing is that they are all healthy, happy, and mature kids who seem to be getting their needs met in a loving environment.

+ Reply to Thread