+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 239 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: The Duggar Family

It is unusual to get pregnant while nursing, and this pregnancy is a lot closer to her last one than previous pregnancies. Maybe it has to do with her hormone levels changing as she is aging. So, I could understand her being a little surprised.

We love the Duggar family, and, although it isn't the path I would choose, I don't condemn them for it.

I told my husband, when he dropped by for lunch today, that she was preggers again and he said, "That is exactly why they should have a television! They really need to find other things to do!"

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3686436;
    Yes the older kids know who they are. They are day care providers to all of the younger children.
    Good one and sooooo true!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3686423;
    I don't recall ever seeing any of these children being filmed doing anything that would invade their privacy. You can bet that Michelle would never run to a tabloid to discuss in detail her children's private pain. The difference with this family is that they know who they are and aren't tripping over their own overly-inflated egos.
    Exactly and as one poster said, they aren't getting hair plugs, Hawaiian trips, tummy tucks and living the life of a celeb, tabloids and all!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I really thought they would stop once the grandkids starting coming along. Something is just wrong with having kids when your kids are having kids

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3686436;
    Yes the older kids know who they are. They are day care providers to all of the younger children.
    Exactly!! And while they may be debt free, which I applaud them for, there is no way they can provide emotionally for all these kids. Kids need their parents attention, not attention mostly supplied by their siblings!

They are no different than any other TV family out there. They are making money off of their children, period! The only difference being, they choose to edit themselves as close to perfect as possible. IMO there is no way this family is as perfect as they are portrayed to be. Personally, I prefer to watch something more "real", even if it includes the bad days too. This "Little Mary Sunshine Bed of Roses" life that they claim to have, is just a little short of believable.

And as far as free trips and things like that, a trip to Hawaii for 21 people, many of whom would be counted as adults (12 & over) for traveling purposes, is a far cry from a family of 10 with 2 adults and 8 kids under the age of 12. That's like comparing apples and oranges. As for them using their own bus, that's more about logistics than anything else. That does not mean they are covering the expenses themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3686729;
    Exactly and as one poster said, they aren't getting hair plugs, Hawaiian trips, tummy tucks and living the life of a celeb, tabloids and all!
    But the amount of money Jim Bob spends on hairspray probably outweighs the cost of hair plugs. I'm sure he now receives it by the case after plugging it on TV. Not to mention he could single handedly take out the entire ozone layer!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3686743;
    I really thought they would stop once the grandkids starting coming along. Something is just wrong with having kids when your kids are having kids
    I don't watch the show, but I agree with this statement. How old is she?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3686729;
    It's nice that they love their children. It's nice that they are self sufficient anything nice that people can say about them I agree, it's nice! Not so nice that natural resources are diminishing, the planet is polluted and over populated. Of course I don't blame the Duggars for all of the pollution and population problems of the world but I don't agree with the absurd (IMO) amount of children that they've chosen to have. I see it as unnecessary and an added drain on the planet. No, this doesn't mean that I want the Duggar herd to be "thinned out"! I hate that they were ever given a TV show in the first place. I feel that it has glamorized a lifestyle that ,I think ,is selfish and SHORT SIGHTED. I also think that the show has enabled and even encouraged them to add to their brood. I came to this thread today after hearing the news and was curious about what was being said. I don't watch the show. It's my own little protest (which I know doesn't make one bit of difference).
    Last edited by tvaholic; 09-01-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: fix

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3686804;
    I don't watch the show, but I agree with this statement. How old is she?
    She's 42 and I think she has been pregnant of total of 12 years in all.

FORT Fanatic

Wow!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

+ Reply to Thread