+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 260 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

The only good thing I can say is....at least the child is wanted and will be loved. And in life that is what matters.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3686298;
    This is obviously what this couple lives for, to have CHILDREN. In this day and age with so much supposed awareness of our planet's limited resources WHY is this family given attention and their own show for putting SO many extra people on the planet. I simply do not understand why it is so pc to have so many children. This baby will be number EIGHTEEN.

Seriously, the same morning show that talks about the extreme importance of preserving energy, etc. thinks it's necessary to make these joyous announcements. The easiest way for families to go green is to NOT produce huge numbers of children. Apparently it's just not politically expedient to point this out to people these days.
    I get the comment on the resources (and this is actually #19 for them). But one thing I do have to give this family credit for - they are not in debt and they are not on government assistance. They support their children with their own funds. Considering all the parents that can't do that with 1 or 2 and yet keep having kids - I do have to give them credit for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3686297;
    Is this a second for Josh & Anna or is this a rerun? I thought this was a rerun episode.
    They are talking about the news released today that Michelle (the mom) is pregnant with her 19th child.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3686341;
    So perhaps we should limit the number of children people are allowed to have and women who get pregnant after already having the maximum amount should be forced to have abortions? Maybe China is on to something?

But who decides how many children a women is allowed to have? is 5 too many? What if you have sextuplets? Should you be forced to get rid of one of them

I suppose having sex with your husband and not using birth control should be a criminal offense now. At least they aren't going to fertility doctors to have embryos implanted in her
    Thank you. You took the words out of my mouth - actually, no. You spoke more eloquently than I ever could've!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3686401;
    I get the comment on the resources (and this is actually #19 for them). But one thing I do have to give this family credit for - they are not in debt and they are not on government assistance. They support their children with their own funds. Considering all the parents that can't do that with 1 or 2 and yet keep having kids - I do have to give them credit for that one!
    They do make a chunk of change allowing the cameras to film their kids day and night. And most families have to pay for all of their vacations while the Duggers get them for free. Also they save on nanny fees by making the older children take care of the younger children.
    They are just another family that has found a way to sell their privacy to support themselves.

It seems this was a surprise baby (which does happen).
    How can it be a "surprise"? They don't believe in birth control and after 18 you'd think they'd know the facts of life.

They do make a chunk of change allowing the cameras to film their kids day and night. And most families have to pay for all of their vacations while the Duggers get them for free. Also they save on nanny fees by making the older children take care of the younger children.
    They are just another family that has found a way to sell their privacy to support themselves.
    But the Duggar's don't go to Hawaii or skiiing or the beaches on both coasts. AND they pay for 90% of travel themselves, with the bus. I think this last trip is probably the biggest & most expensive the network has paid for.

Besides I'd rather the network pay them, then a few other multiple couples.

It was a surprise to Michelle because, as I read from an article, she was at Weight Watchers and wasn't losing any weight, and she was still nursing Jordyn and she was getting fussy. She put two and two together, and voila. Here's a link to the article:

The Duggars Expecting 19th Child - News - Yahoo! TV
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3686409;
    I don't recall ever seeing any of these children being filmed doing anything that would invade their privacy. You can bet that Michelle would never run to a tabloid to discuss in detail her children's private pain. The difference with this family is that they know who they are and aren't tripping over their own overly-inflated egos.

FORT Fogey

Yes the older kids know who they are. They are day care providers to all of the younger children.

I agree it could not been that much of a shock. I have heard that if you do not use birth control and have sex you can get pregnant. I learned it in health class. I think they are a very "frisky" couple and that is what happens. When you play, you pay.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread