+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 260 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Back to stuff about the show-I missed Tuesday's episode, but this next week is basically just following them doing everyday stuff, and the week after is the first part of a trip to Washington DC, where they visit Amish Country.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Amish Country? By DC? I know Eastern Ohio (Holmes County) & Western PA (Lancaster County) have the largest contingent of Amish & Mennonite, while there are many in Michigan & Indiana as well. But DC? Or are they making a side trip?

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3664395;
    Back to stuff about the show-I missed Tuesday's episode, but this next week is basically just following them doing everyday stuff, and the week after is the first part of a trip to Washington DC, where they visit Amish Country.
    That's going to be kind of neat!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3665591;
    Amish Country? By DC? I know Eastern Ohio (Holmes County) & Western PA (Lancaster County) have the largest contingent of Amish & Mennonite, while there are many in Michigan & Indiana as well. But DC? Or are they making a side trip?
    I think they may be doing one of their road trips and going to visit some Amish country. There is some in Maryland, so I think they will go and visit that.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Actually, Lancaster County isn't in Western PA; it's more central - very near Harrisburg. It's not that far from Washington, DC. Maybe 2 hours max. They could be going there.

I think they are talking about Holmes County, Ohio. They were in the Canton, Ohio area on the same trip for an event. We went and saw them, even though it was a more religious event. It was neat to see the entire family in person. Crossing my fingers I am on tv, lol! The show was taping at the event.

Thanx for correcting me, ScoutMom. I know that Holmes County, Ohio has the largest contingent of Amish with Lancaster County, PA just behind, so I just figured they were real close to each other.

No problem, hutchlover. I never knew there was a large Amish community in Ohio. Sometimes I wish for that slower paced, more basic way of life.

If anyone ever wants a good tour of Amish country, I can give it to ya, lol! We go down all the time since I live right near by. Lovely people and lovely towns!

The Duggars mentioned when we saw them about how much they enjoyed spending time down in Amish country.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3670897;
    If anyone ever wants a good tour of Amish country, I can give it to ya, lol! We go down all the time since I live right near by. Lovely people and lovely towns!

The Duggars mentioned when we saw them about how much they enjoyed spending time down in Amish country.
    They really seemed to have a good time. It was funny how they said people think THEY are Amish....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread