+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 252 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Like Tree448Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Duggar Family

I found the web site for Champion Motorcars, and some of the links don't work. Maybe it's new. They are only open Monday through Friday from 10 to 6. Hard to believe they don't have at least Saturday hours.

Is a B.A. in Christian Education comprable to a B.A. in Elementary Education - in other words, could she teach in a public school if she wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3660953;
    I found the web site for Champion Motorcars, and some of the links don't work. Maybe it's new. They are only open Monday through Friday from 10 to 6. Hard to believe they don't have at least Saturday hours.

Is a B.A. in Christian Education comprable to a B.A. in Elementary Education - in other words, could she teach in a public school if she wanted to?
    she would probably have to go through some sort of certification process, but as long as the college she went to was accredited, i don't see shy not

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3660932;
    I think the Duggar parents have the best interest of their children in mind and the kids seem really happy and well-adjusted. If the girls wanted to go to college, I am sure the parents would encourage them.

I agree that it is helpful to have a vision for your future before you go into college. I also dropped out because I had no idea what I was doing. I think it's pretty common. Later, I went to a trade school when I knew what I wanted to do.
    I second that-I am 21, and I have never done any college. Part of it was because for my first two years out of high school I was working my butt off, but it was also a case of truly not knowing what I want to do.

As for the car lot, I'm surprised about the no Saturday hours. The no Sunday is not news, but Saturdays...
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3660815;
    I used to live in Hamilton McMaster is a really expensive university. lol
    Yeah my poor father, who's helping pay for whatever osap doesn't cover.
    My brothers in his last semester though now, he loves in hamilton though.

She must likely be able to teach at a Christian school, I don't think she would teach at just a regular elementary school if she went and got a christian education B.A.
    Reminds me when all the girls and some of the older boys went to the elementary school on the show, they looked so out of place in the gym with all the dancing and stuff.

She would probably have to go to teachers college do you have that there in the states? Thats what we have to go in Ontario Get a B.A or degree in something and then go to teachers college for a year or two and then you get you teaching certificate and then you can teach. Atleast thats how it went when i thought I wanted to be a teacher lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrial;3661122;
    Yeah my poor father, who's helping pay for whatever osap doesn't cover.
    My brothers in his last semester though now, he loves in hamilton though.

She must likely be able to teach at a Christian school, I don't think she would teach at just a regular elementary school if she went and got a christian education B.A.
    Reminds me when all the girls and some of the older boys went to the elementary school on the show, they looked so out of place in the gym with all the dancing and stuff.

She would probably have to go to teachers college do you have that there in the states? Thats what we have to go in Ontario Get a B.A or degree in something and then go to teachers college for a year or two and then you get you teaching certificate and then you can teach. Atleast thats how it went when i thought I wanted to be a teacher lol.
    In the US (where I'm actually from other than my stint in Canada) we have 4 year degrees in teaching. So you get like a B.S. degree in elementary education or you B.S. and are able to teach a specific high school class (or at least in my state you have to license for a specific high school subject).

So it's only 4 years of college to teach here. You can get an advanced degree like a master's in education but unless you already have a job and are tenured in my state it's extremely detrimental to go on and get that advanced degree because it puts you too high on the union pay scale to actually get a job.

FORT Newbie

So its pretty much like here, you have to do atleast three years of full time university in a post secondary degree, then you have to go do degree in education which we often call teachers college because after you do that you can apply to get you teaching license and start teaching. to teach elementary you to be a expertin one subject. For highschool here you need to be qualified in two.
    So unless Anna start college early or worked really hard, she could maybe be a teacher. Hard to know

I know here in Washington you typically get your degree in either education or your focus subject, and then there are teaching programs that are two years long. The first year is mostly in the college, learning about educating and all that sort of thing, with the spring quarter/second semester having observation time as well as planning a couple sample lessons. The second year is mostly in a classroom, moving up to fully teaching certain classes or assisting by that winter, all while still attending classes at the college. That's at least what it is at the highschool level. Typically teachers will have two areas of expertise-one student teacher at my school actually had French, drama, and English.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Regular

She probably started college early - many homeschoolers do.
    Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06

Lovin' TAR, AI, DWTS, & TC!

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3661519;
    I know here in Washington you typically get your degree in either education or your focus subject, and then there are teaching programs that are two years long. The first year is mostly in the college, learning about educating and all that sort of thing, with the spring quarter/second semester having observation time as well as planning a couple sample lessons. The second year is mostly in a classroom, moving up to fully teaching certain classes or assisting by that winter, all while still attending classes at the college. That's at least what it is at the highschool level. Typically teachers will have two areas of expertise-one student teacher at my school actually had French, drama, and English.
    See here it's different. For elementary ed. It's just a straight 4 year college degree. You declare your major and off you go just like any other college major. For highschool you have less "teaching" classes and more classes dealing with the subject you intend to teach but it's still a straight up 4 year degree no teaching college afterwards. But that's my state. They do their teaching internships during that time as well.

The joke in the colleges in my state is that teaching degrees are the degrees that the jocks typically do or people who fail out of other degree tracks (especially elementary ed).

Wow! Here in my school district, the teachers hired right out of college have something like 3 years after being hired to obtain a master's degree. I don't know if it is a statewide thing or not, but all the teachers in my school district have to have a master's degree.

+ Reply to Thread